25-Apr:
    26-Apr:
    27-Apr:
    28-Apr:
    29-Apr:
    30-Apr: <Life Day>

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    22-Apr: Taylor County Race for Literacy 5K, Reynolds (*)
    29-Apr: Running for Ronald 10K/15K, Macon (*)
    06-May: All About Animals 10.2K, Macon (*)
    13-May: Battle of Byron 5K, Byron (*)
    Back the Blue 10K, Warner Robins
    20-May: Georgia Jugfest 5K, Knoxville (*)
    27-May: Edge Fitness 5K, Bonaire (*)
    04-Jul: Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Okay - I need/want folks to let us know: You BOSTON MARATHONERS ("hey, you guys!"). Give us bib numbers or real names so we can stalk follow you Monday. I have to be at work, but that's why I have a smart phone, right? I've got a friend from work who's also doing it, so I need all y'all's digits (or whatever).

Yes! This! I'm off work and hanging with the little man and it would be great to follow you guys
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @9voice9 I lived in Perry GA for a year last year (worked in Butler GA building one of the solar farms) !! In fact all three of the races I have done in my life were near there! It's so cool to see familiar town names.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

After missing my goal 3 months in a row, I finally achieved (bested) my goal last month, having run 61.43 miles. This month my goal will be 50 miles.

My husband and I planned a trip to Nashville at the end of the month. We will probably be walking a lot. My husband doesn't share my love for running.

4/14.....8 miles on the Monon. It was raining hard when I left home and I started driving toward the gym. On the way, the rain stopped. So decided to drive to the trail instead. (Indiana weather??) I started running and was pretty relaxed most of the way....so happy to be running outdoors instead of on the treadmill. My plan was for 6 miles but ran 8 instead. I am hoping that running 8 miles will feel as easy as running 6 does now. It was better today than usual but still rather tired. Not feeling that sore, which is a plus. Average max heart rate 86%. pace was 12:45 minute miles.

Heart rate monitor stopped working after 6.5 miles. The new one arrived a couple of days ago...haven't set it up yet.

I was thinking about the Boston marathoners on my route. They will be running 3 x farther than I did today.....blows my mind. A marathon is so much tougher than a half!

4/14....8 miles
    4/12....4.36 miles
    4/9....10 miles
    4/8....8 miles
    4/2....9 miles
    Total ....39.36 miles
    goal...50 miles

Indianapolis Mini Marathon (Half Marathon)....May 6
    Geist Reservoir Half...May 20 (tentative)
    Indy Women's Half Marathon....September 30 (tentative)

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Hahaha, yes, one of my parkrun friends discovered the other day she'd double-booked herself into two runs in separate far-apart places on May 21.

She was fine about it since the one she won't do is only a short run, the proceeds of which go to the RSPCA.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Looks like I have a race to add to my schedule due to a discount offer through a deal my employer just sent out to the company. I won't be "racing" it though. :smile:

This spring is shaping up to be rather interesting at work.

Firstly they offer a "Healthy Living Discount" on insurance costs if you meet criteria for doing healthy activities, one of which is a "Get Fit" program that records activity minutes over a 6 week period during which anyone who records over 900 minutes of activity earns half of the points needed to get the full discount for next years insurance. I tend to get the remaining points over the rest of the year through race events, but even without racing the difference could be filled by getting physicals, dental and eye exams, etc.

Secondly, they sent an email company wide about a week ago announcing a "Half Marathon Training Program" with the goal being a target HM possibly some time in June (and bi-weekly training runs on campus for employees to run together). Naturally I signed up for that. They also sent a discount for a 10k/HM event that weekend but I had a 10 miler planned for that day and was not willing to change it to either a 10k or HM so I passed on that discount offer.

Then today an email was sent to the folks signed up on that HM program offering a 25% discount to next weekends Garmin Oz Runs here in Kansas (Olathe to be exact), which is a 10k/HM/Full event. They were mostly talking about the 10k as a training run, but I have a scheduled 12 mile run planned for that day so I decided to go ahead and sign up for the HM. I will need to run it nice and slow though as that is the first long run of a new base building cycle with increased mileage. Still though, I'm a bit stoked as I had not planned on running any events at all for a couple more months (at least).

If they keep sending offers like this, with the option to run with fellow coworkers, it could turn into a much busier race season than I expected!

Thanks for posting this. My employer is going to pay the entrance fee for the 5 K/ half marathon at Geist Reservoir this year. It is so tempting to sign up because I have never run it and the course should be beautiful and it would be free. However it is 2 weeks after the Indy Mini, which I have already signed up for and paid and am currently training to run in. Would I be able to run another half so soon or would I be crazy to try?
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty great to hear things are looking up and hopefully you can be getting back out running soon.

Keep that tweaking going on to sort your meds - do you have regular check-ups once you leave this set of outpatient work?

And the swimming costume thing - wow. You must be stoked!!!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    15/04 - 3.4 mile steady run, followed with 5K row, and 2 mile Interval & Core

exercise.png

Completed
    11/03 - 10K Run The Solar System (thanks for the tip) - 52:01
    12/03 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 1  ) - 1:54:02
    25/03 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 2  ) - 1:53:53
    Coming up:
    • 15/04 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 3)
    • 01/05 - Milton Keynes HM
    • 18/06 - Run-Bedford-Run - 10K
    • 02/09 - Bedford HM
    • 24/09 - Windsor HM
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Okay - I need/want folks to let us know: You BOSTON MARATHONERS ("hey, you guys!"). Give us bib numbers or real names so we can stalk follow you Monday. I have to be at work, but that's why I have a smart phone, right? I've got a friend from work who's also doing it, so I need all y'all's digits (or whatever).

Bib 12498. Middle of the pack runner here, Wave 2 Corral 5.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Definitely loving the collecting of bib numbers for Boston. Isn't it wild how we can get so excited for something we aren't even running? :smiley: Wishing you all the best!
    @MobyCarp - Bib 12498
    @lporter229 - Bib 19738

@ereck44 - That pretty much depends on a variety of things. Is this going to be your first time at that distance at the Indy Mini? What is your longest run so far and how many times have you run that distance? If this is your first half and you have only built up to 10-12 miles on just a few runs then it is probably too soon to attempt another half two weeks later. You will need those two weeks as a recovery period and can even reverse taper to get back to shape, but at that two week mark it might not be the wisest to do another HM right at that moment. However, if you feel like your training has been going really well, you feel good during your recovery and think you have bounced back to full shape in that two weeks then you can definitely do it. If you have run HM's before and especially if you have regularly been doing 10-12 mile long runs then you should also be able to do it provided you do sensible runs in between events to recover and keep from losing fitness. For point of reference, after about 18 months into running I was up around 40 mpw and doing great. I ran 5 HM's on 5 consecutive weekends with no issues, I just kept my weekly training plan going for 5 weeks with the HM's as my long runs. I even ran fast at a couple of them, but none of them were "raced".

runmipapo wrote: »
    Well, I already set up my Runalyze account. Looks like I have to import activities manually (which is a time suck) but they are going to allow for auto-synch with certain apps at a later date.
    We are working hard on it, but still a lot do to before we can add this feature to Runalyze. We do our best :)
    Wow! How cool is that?!? That's what I call "customer focused"! :smile: I didn't find the import too painful, but it will be a very nice feature later. :wink: Thanks for the reply!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @RespectTheKitty great to hear things are looking up and hopefully you can be getting back out running soon.

Keep that tweaking going on to sort your meds - do you have regular check-ups once you leave this set of outpatient work?

And the swimming costume thing - wow. You must be stoked!!!

Yes, I will be seeing my psychiatrist and therapist regularly after being discharged. I am in good hands.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Did a VO2 max test yesterday, so I'm adding 1 mile for the treadmill. My knee still bothers me, so I am trying to get an appt. with the dr. It's been a month now and hasn't been getting any better on its own.

exercise.png

*Best wishes to everyone in Boston! Have an enjoyable, safe, and successful marathon!
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Apr 02     5.0        5.0
    Apr 05     4.3        9.3
    Apr 07     6.4       15.7
    Apr 08     4.3       20.0
    Apr 09     5.0       25.0
    Apr 11     5.1       30.1
    Apr 13     5.1       35.2
    Apr 15     5.1       40.3

exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo Yes it counts, you ran you placed. If the other AG's decided to stay home it's their loss. When the local AG speeders show up I am in the back half of the AG, when they stay home 2nd or 3rd.

@MNLittleFinn If your slow I am a Turtle and I don't go long, mid distance yes and I like Rock Pile trail runs. A big yes to a eating and drinking contest with some cardio mixed in.

@WhatMeRunning I have a 10k on Saturday May 27 (250km travel one way) and a HM on Sunday May 28 (500km travel one way) - nothing like double booking a weekend and involving lots of travel - probably need to take a Vac day for Monday. 10k it's a normal pre-HM taper- right?

Have fun and good luck to all our Boston Marathoners.