The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    39 and work at a university surrounded by 20-somethings, arrgh! Please add me, I want in!

Ha!! Just wait until you get to 51. Everyone else I interact with, seems to be younger than me these days. My customers, my co-workers, my suppliers, my staff, people at social gatherings, etc. I just hired a 58 year old to replace a 25 year old, and I feel so much more comfortable now.
  • jenningsangelina
    jenningsangelina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    48 and determined
    Been on for roughly 2 weeks now and I'm down 8.2 would love some friends to uplift and encourage each other. So add me and let's do this thing!
    :)
  • ashleyge189
    ashleyge189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been on for about a year and just realized there were blogs :( .41 yrs old and my start was 160. I am down to 136 and want to get to 120. trying to get these last couple pounds off. I don't know how to add people so feel free to add me. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Easter!
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and feel amazing.
    You look pretty amazing too! Welcome!
  • iaut2laff
    iaut2laff Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi! New to the community section. 50 is nifty but weight needs to be lost. ;)
  • greeneyedmary
    greeneyedmary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 in a few months! Would love motivational friends!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 36 and the mother of 5. Used to be an army medic and I am just plain disgusted at myself. Please anyone feel free to add me.

Being a mom of 5 is more to be proud of than any 6 pack. Keep your head up high momma!
  • Joe_Cool_Part_Deux
    Joe_Cool_Part_Deux Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    60, am I too young ;-) ..
    We'll see !!
    I log daily, have an open diary for my friends, love it if you do as well :-) .
    I support & encourage the best that I can, just ask my friends :-)
    Oh and I have a habit of smiling a lot :-) ..
    Add me if you'd like !!!
  • Pandakins1969
    Pandakins1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    47 here.... third time lucky this time i intend to keep the weight off...partly hindered my the peri-menopause monster. Will be logging daily so that i cant lie to myself about what i eat or how many calories are REALLY in it. I work for a dentists which is ALWAYS full of cake, biscuits and sweets (oh yes really!!) so i'll need the support :worried:
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My mind is still in it's early 20s, but my body knows what the deal is.

Right there with you. Morning creaks are a part of life now!
  • DianeOtto
    DianeOtto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turned 54 last month. I feel fitter now than I have ever felt before. I use MFP to track food and exercise. I was wondering if the Premium was worth the extra $$. Thoughts anyone?
  • ZoeyMcgauley
    ZoeyMcgauley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 38 in June. I'm trying to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. Since being on here I've realized that a lot of my eating habits to change in order for this to be accomplished.
  • MSchuettke
    MSchuettke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and need to stop my middle age weight gain. My weight has creeped up by 20 lbs over the last 5 years. I would like to get rid of but hopefully in less than 5 years ;-)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @DianeOtto Premium lets you easily and quickly find what food is putting trans fat into your diary. That, for me, is the most valuable feature. Other features are that it lets you export reports to spreadsheets and get more detailed nutritional information on your food. Are those things that matter enough to you to spend money? UA already makes profit selling ads to non-premium, so there's no need for you to think it's more virtuous to pay premium.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    @DianeOtto Premium lets you easily and quickly find what food is putting trans fat into your diary. That, for me, is the most valuable feature. Other features are that it lets you export reports to spreadsheets and get more detailed nutritional information on your food. Are those things that matter enough to you to spend money? UA already makes profit selling ads to non-premium, so there's no need for you to think it's more virtuous to pay premium.

Thanks for the input. I had wondered the same re: is premium worth it.
  • jusjoking
    jusjoking Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    add me please

ill be 50 in about 2 months. I have really let myself go and need to drop about 80lbs. Have years of experience in the gym/powerlifting etc but havent lifted consistently in a few years. Also, have NEVER eaten a decent diet so its a bit uphill but the time is ripe for a change

Cheers all, JonJon
  • MtnScramble
    MtnScramble Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am 48. I am logging daily for the first time in my life. I am in week seven after having my new doctor tell me that I know what I need to do. I am doing it and am at 316 from a start of 340 in his office. I would not mind having more friends that are serious and experienced (in life at least).

Please let me know how you found me if you add me.
    --- MtnScramble
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Lots of new middle agers here since I checked in last! I figure it will be about six months before I get kicked out of this thread for being too old (turning 60 in Nov), so I'll have to make the most of my remaining time. :)

I'm looking forward to racing this year. I'm about 9 weeks out from my third half iron distance triathlon coming up in June. As a result, I'm focused on building up lots of cycling and swim volume. Started the year with a marathon in March, and will finish with another half iron distance race in September, so I won't get bored.

I've also begun working with a dietician to help me get leaner this season. The challenge for me is to balance a fairly low carb intake that promotes fat loss, yet still allows enough energy to support 10-12 hours of training per/week as I build endurance for the race. Will see how it goes.

Always happy to discuss healthy eating and fitness with fellow middle agers.
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 48..Daily loggers and motivational supporters can add me.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome new peeps!