UGH

LahrysaTebo2015
LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
I hate being fat but I hate that I can't do this even more. I don't think think it's going to work out. I feel lke *kitten* every day that I'm. It dieting bt I can't afford it and I can't stay motivated

Replies

• LahrysaTebo2015
    Francl27 wrote: »
    How can you not afford it? I've saved so much money since I started losing weight.

Because my current diet is going to the dollar menu twice a day
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    How can you not afford it? I've saved so much money since I started losing weight.

You don't need to the dollar menu twice a day to lose weight. If you want to incorporate eating from the dollar menu into your caloric intake that's seriously up to you. I lost 35 pounds, and I haven't been to Macdonald in over 4 years so it's definitely not a requirement.
  • LahrysaTebo2015

Then don't go and buy food at home?

Buying food from the grocery store is way more expensive
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    You could lose weight eating off the dollar menu too. Might not be the healthiest, but you either want this and are ready for it, or you don't and you're not. It's all about choices. We were all not ready at one point in time. Maybe you're just not there yet.

This too.
  • LessCookiess

Then don't go and buy food at home?

Buying food from the grocery store is way more expensive

That's not necessarily true at all it really depends on how much of something you buy, and if you make food in advance you're able to make the food into smaller servings and use it for even a full calorie week if you want. Meal prepping saves me money.
    For example, I shop at Aldi and a $1 stretches pretty far! I buy my meat from a shop by the pound, so this helps me out as well.
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    You could lose weight eating off the dollar menu too. Might not be the healthiest, but you either want this and are ready for it, or you don't and you're not. It's all about choices. We were all not ready at one point in time. Maybe you're just not there yet.

I've been fat my whole life and I don't want to be... how am I not ready
  • LessCookiess

As long as you're in a caloric deficit even if you choose to go to Macdonald or Wendy's, or Carl's Jr., or just consume ice cream (not enough nutrients so wouldn't recommend) You'll lose weight. I used to eat at Taco Bell when I was in college (totally cheaper!) and I lost weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member

I've been fat my whole life and I don't want to be... how am I not ready

You aren't willing to put in the effort to do it. You're making excuses such as not being able to afford to eat less food. If you are married to the idea of the dollar menu, go once a day instead of twice. Or simply order fewer $1 items each time you go.