UGH

Options

Replies

• LahrysaTebo2015
    LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You could lose weight eating off the dollar menu too. Might not be the healthiest, but you either want this and are ready for it, or you don't and you're not. It's all about choices. We were all not ready at one point in time. Maybe you're just not there yet.

I've been fat my whole life and I don't want to be... how am I not ready

You aren't willing to put in the effort to do it. You're making excuses such as not being able to afford to eat less food. If you are married to the idea of the dollar menu, go once a day instead of twice. Or simply order fewer $1 items each time you go.

Yeah because my $5 a day I have to spend is obviously going to get me A TON at the grocery store
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Options
    You could lose weight eating off the dollar menu too. Might not be the healthiest, but you either want this and are ready for it, or you don't and you're not. It's all about choices. We were all not ready at one point in time. Maybe you're just not there yet.

You aren't willing to put in the effort to do it. You're making excuses such as not being able to afford to eat less food. If you are married to the idea of the dollar menu, go once a day instead of twice. Or simply order fewer $1 items each time you go.

Yeah because my $5 a day I have to spend is obviously going to get me A TON at the grocery store

$5 a day is $35 a week and I could shop healthy on that. *shrug* How bad do you want it?

Pretty bad
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Options

$5 a day is $35 a week and I could shop healthy on that. *shrug* How bad do you want it?

Pretty bad

And I get paid daily. Not weekly.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Have you figured out your calorie limit on MFP yet?
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

No I'm not sure how to do that
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Op, what's your current weight? Current height? How many calories are you consuming now?
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Options
    Op, what's your current weight? Current height? How many calories are you consuming now?

290 lbs 5'7 and about 2,000
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

No I'm not sure how to do that

As I said before...

Enter your stats in MFP, along with an accurate activity level, goal weight, and reasonable rate of loss. MFP will calculate a calorie target for you. Eat a variety of foods to achieve that calorie target, focusing on those that provide nutrition (macro and micro nutrients), satiety (fills you up) and enjoyment (keeps you happy while losing). Track as accurately as possible. Exercise if you enjoy it, eating back a portion of those calories when you do. Monitor and adjust over time.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Considering you haven't logged anything how do you know you are in a deficit? If you aren't maintaining a calorie deficit you won't lose. Doesn't matter if you are eating off the dollar menu or all organic fruits/veggies. Stop making excuses. If you want to lose only you have the power to do this. We just provide suggestions and you have had plenty on this thread and the other to help you reach your goal.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options

It should be easy to lose weight then..... losing weight is just eating less calories. At your weight all you need to do is restrict a little bit and it will come flying off. The hard truth you don't want to hear is that you have to pony up and practice personal responsibility. Sorry. Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere (Unless you complain WHILE DOING). There is nothing "Easy" about changing life habits!! Either work through it, or fail. I'm sorry but I'm not sorry! Pony up! Keep your chin up! Work on your attitude, because if you don't approach life with a positive attitude all you do is make it 100x harder than it needs to be!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

Agree.
    I just bought 5 lbs of rice for about $3 which will last me almost 2 weeks, and that's eating a boatload of rice every day. Large bags of frozen veggies keep well and aren't expensive. Chicken where I live is usually $2.99/lb, less when you find it on sale.
    I save tons of money when I eat like this, especially compared to eating out, even if it is the Dollar menu.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Where did I say anything about the grocery store? I said to order fewer $1 items off the dollar menu. Spend $4 instead of $5, for example. Or spend $3. You are eating more than you need to eat, which means that you are spending more money than necessary to feed yourself.