Worst part of losing weight?

Options

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    Not drinking as much wine as I would like without sacrificing my nutrition.

I kid folks I kid:)

You might be kidding, but that's 100% true. I can't drink nearly as much as I used to. It's sad really. As I consider wine a food group. Hmph

Although I was joking, there is always some truth in jest:)
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Not drinking as much wine as I would like without sacrificing my nutrition.

I kid folks I kid:)

You might be kidding, but that's 100% true. I can't drink nearly as much as I used to. It's sad really. As I consider wine a food group. Hmph

Although I was joking, there is always some truth in jest:)

Haha, fair enough. I could drink a bottle easily, now - ugh.. not so much.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    My attitude towards losing weight now that I'm in a healthy weight range is just horrible. I also love to eat. I maintain on 1800 calories and I find even maintenance brutal. I suck at losing weight now when I was once very successful. I can't seem to change my attitude or stay on track. My coach has me in purposeful maintenance at the moment. Hopefully I'll be ready mentally to cut a bit in a few weeks.

i put myself into a one month maintenance for the same reason. your not alone. hoping the break will reset those hunger hormones and food focus. on the plus.. I think I know my maintenance cals now
  • brittyn3
    Options
    people asking what have youve been doing to lose weight... you tell them what you are doing, they make a bunch of questions and that the end they just say: that sounds like too much work... I would rather have some extra pounds and be happy lol.. then why did you ask to begin with? hahahaha.

As if suggesting you aren't happy now? I've ran into similar reactions. I'm always amazed that others have an opinion on your body or what you're doing.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    people asking what have youve been doing to lose weight... you tell them what you are doing, they make a bunch of questions and that the end they just say: that sounds like too much work... I would rather have some extra pounds and be happy lol.. then why did you ask to begin with? hahahaha.

As if suggesting you aren't happy now? I've ran into similar reactions. I'm always amazed that others have an opinion on your body or what you're doing.

I am more than happy to help and even workout with them to start with... but I want to advice and support people that have the motivation or really want to find some support to get motivated.... But why would you ask so much when you have zero intention of doing it? or working hard for it? usually I answer simple.. eating right and working out.. if you arent interested, why would you ask a million questions?
  • brittyn3
    Options

I am more than happy to help and even workout with them to start with... but I want to advice and support people that have the motivation or really want to find some support to get motivated.... But why would you ask so much when you have zero intention of doing it? or working hard for it? usually I answer simple.. eating right and working out.. if you arent interested, why would you ask a million questions?

For some people, it's validating when they ask but [hear] it's more than just sitting on their couch and eating 1 bowl of ice cream vs. 2. I've realized that people are more comfortable when they ask and accept it's impossible for them. At that moment, they are motivated - but once you say how long it took... all bets off. It goes back to people hoping/wishing for a magic pill. Or "Wow, you ate 1 carrot every 7 minutes for 32 days and lost weight!", seems easier than "oh, you just ate less and burned more than you ate?".
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Replacing/altering your clothes.
    I have some beautiful skirts and party dresses that are now way too big, but they're so cute and one of a kind. I don't want to throw them out or donate them especially because they'd now look even better on me then they did when I was bigger, so I'm staring down the long process of either learning to sew properly so I can fix them or paying a seamstress to take them all in.
    It hurts me soul. :(
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    For me it's having my calorie amounts go down. I just changed my weight on here and get to eat almost 100 calories less a day. And of course the same workouts give me a smaller calorie burn, so that's less to eat.

I like to eat. A lot. lol I set my goal at 1/2lb a week to lose so that I can eat as much as possible. So anytime I have to go down in calories it sucks. Oh well for now I still get 1700 a day and with working out I average around 2000. I would be a lot happier at like 2500-3000. Like I said, I really like to eat. Too bad I'm a 5'2" woman.

Anyway, is there anything you don't like about losing weight?

Hahaha! I agree with the lower calorie requirements. It's saddening.

A few years back, I went out to eat with my dad. He said, "good thing you work out! You REALLY like to eat!" He didn't say it in a malicious way but I still will never drop it whenever I see him. Your post just reminded me of the I like to eat comment! :smiley:
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You get awful hangovers.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options

For some people, it's validating when they ask but [hear] it's more than just sitting on their couch and eating 1 bowl of ice cream vs. 2. I've realized that people are more comfortable when they ask and accept it's impossible for them. At that moment, they are motivated - but once you say how long it took... all bets off. It goes back to people hoping/wishing for a magic pill. Or "Wow, you ate 1 carrot every 7 minutes for 32 days and lost weight!", seems easier than "oh, you just ate less and burned more than you ate?".

Exactly. Thats usually i tell them. Yes, you can have 2 shakes and one meal a day. what is going to happen when you start eating like normal? if you want real changes, you need to work hard for it. It will not happen overnight. if you lose 1 lb a week how many will be there in a year?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    @newheavensearth yeah i still have some fat in there i know iv been blessed loose skin wise since i lost 95 pounds in 11 months. Im slowing my loss to hopefully let it tighten xD hopefully lol