Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So I said I'd post my goals this morning.
    I've already walked the dog and I took a picture because I know you all love to see a picture :sweat_smile:
    6B72A998-13BF-4BA9-98D5-B24A4C8E406E_zpsaa3yvqgg.jpg

WOW - this is beautiful! I'd walk everyday with a view like that! Thank you for sharing! (by the way - how do you post pictures? I cannot figure out how to do this?

@Bex953172 Beautiful trail! I'm so jealous! Would love to have somewhere like that 5 minutes from my house. Thanks for sharing!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Looks like I never found time to log on yesterday. I think it is pretty safe to say that I went over on my carbs and sugar again since I finished off the last of our bucket of ice cream. So yeah...

My goals today are pretty much based on trying not to stress eat today and trying to remain calm and not quit my job. I know that sounds pretty drama-filled, but I'm THAT stressed out right now. I have colleagues who are actually retiring because of the demands right now...at least two from a 14 person team. It's crazy busy, and I feel as though I am failing. It's not a good feeling and I really need to find a place of peace and calm. So...

Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Take a walk outside after work.
    3. WATER - 80 oz
    4. Focus on the rebuild and get my application's build at least 50% completed today. Running out of time. Figure out the bugs and get them FIXED!
    5. Try to remember to take deep breaths and 5-minute breaks away from my desk every hour.
    6. Do not stress eat. Take a walk or drink water instead.
    7. Smile and be grateful you have a good job.
    8. Go to bed early. Get a restful night's sleep. This is a MUST tonight.

I will NOT:
    1. Get up and walk out
    2. Waste the day feeling discouraged
    3. Quit my job
    4. Fail on this work project

This week I will:
    1. Begin to write down stressors when I encounter them. Start a list, so I can....
    • Look at the list of stressors to determine what I can change and what I need to just accept.
    • Look at list of things I can change and start writing out baby steps how to change them.
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member

My goals today are pretty much based on trying not to stress eat today and trying to remain calm and not quit my job. I know that sounds pretty drama-filled, but I'm THAT stressed out right now. I have colleagues who are actually retiring because of the demands right now...at least two from a 14 person team. It's crazy busy, and I feel as though I am failing. It's not a good feeling and I really need to find a place of peace and calm. So...

I totally get that! At work they had someone come give a talk about wellbeing and she talked about how there are multiple parts of wellbeing. So, diet and exercise are some, but the others are: sleep, relationships, environment, community and financial (and I may be missing some). I like to remind myself that sometimes I'm working on other areas of my wellbeing besides just diet and exercise so that I give myself a break. And, I remind myself that just because diet and exercise are not the BEST areas of well-being for me, there are other areas that I am stronger in!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2017
    First attempt at zoodles!
    I sautéed them in a little butter (but I think was still a bit too much) some are a little soggy, but mostly ok!
    With chicken Thai red curry on top!

It tastes amazing!

EBA8505C-412F-4D81-B92E-011D44035D29_zpsvy7fc9gp.jpg

This is awesome! Kudos for trying new things!

I wrap my zoodles in some paper towel and squeeze a bit to dry them out before sauteing or boiling. I also wrap them in a paper towel and then put them in a Ziploc bag if they are going to be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two--it keeps them from getting soggy.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Tuesday:

1. Track all food
    2. under 75G carbs
    3. work on garden planning
    4. exercise rest day
    5. 10+ cups water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    First attempt at zoodles!
    I sautéed them in a little butter (but I think was still a bit too much) some are a little soggy, but mostly ok!
    With chicken Thai red curry on top!

It tastes amazing!

EBA8505C-412F-4D81-B92E-011D44035D29_zpsvy7fc9gp.jpg

This is awesome! Kudos for trying new things!

I wrap my zoodles in some paper towel and squeeze a bit to dry them out before sauteing or boiling. I also wrap them in a paper towel and then put them in a Ziploc bag if they are going to be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two--it keeps them from getting soggy.

Thanks for the tip!!
    I am drooling over that meal again! It was so fecking good haha
  • PackerFanInGB
    dwntwn5 wrote: »

I totally get that! At work they had someone come give a talk about wellbeing and she talked about how there are multiple parts of wellbeing. So, diet and exercise are some, but the others are: sleep, relationships, environment, community and financial (and I may be missing some). I like to remind myself that sometimes I'm working on other areas of my wellbeing besides just diet and exercise so that I give myself a break. And, I remind myself that just because diet and exercise are not the BEST areas of well-being for me, there are other areas that I am stronger in!

That is a really good way of thinking about it. I know when my emotions get the better of me because of stress, my whole being falls apart! I had a pretty rough day and it sure shows in my goals and post today, doesn't it? I ended up getting in my car at about 11:30 to get away for a break and try to rejuvenate. I felt overwhelmed and frustrated, so I was going to go home for lunch, then decided to go to A&W or McDonald's instead, but instead of turning into A&W, I turned the other direction and found myself at Medi Weightloss Clinic where my daughter works. I had them weigh me, and I was up quite a bit from last time, so that was a real eye opener. The health coach gave me a scolding for avoiding them and not coming for the past month and gave me some reading material about Emotional/Stress eating that I'm going to look at when I'm done logging in here.

I feel like I have been doing really good (until today) at keeping a smile on my face, cheering on my colleagues and my family, journaling at night, not bringing my work home, etc. So maybe I am doing better in those areas of my wellbeing? I really felt that today was the first day I couldn't shake that feeling of "doom". Tomorrow will be better, right?! ;)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green :smile: Yes!!!
    2. Take a walk outside after work. :neutral: Nope. Worked late.
    3. WATER - 80 oz :smile:
    4. Focus on the rebuild and get my application's build at least 50% completed today. Running out of time. Figure out the bugs and get them FIXED! :smile: I actually did make progress. I don't know about 50% of the build being done, but I figured out some of the bugs and I think tomorrow will be a better day because of it.
    5. Try to remember to take deep breaths and 5-minute breaks away from my desk every hour. :neutral: Not nearly enough, but I did actually take a real lunch break so that has to be worth something, right?
    6. Do not stress eat. Take a walk or drink water instead. :smile: Yup!
    7. Smile and be grateful you have a good job. :wink: I didn't show my frustration on the outside and I am grateful for my job.
    8. Go to bed early. Get a restful night's sleep. This is a MUST tonight. :wink: I'm working on this one...

I will NOT:
    1. Get up and walk out :blush: Well, I did do this but only went to lunch, took some deep breaths and went back in.
    2. Waste the day feeling discouraged :smile: I did troubleshoot some of the problems, so that was actually encouraging!
    3. Quit my job :smiley: Happy to say I'm still employed! LOL
    4. Fail on this work project :blush: I have until Friday to figure it out and complete it so I have not failed yet...

This week I will:
    1. Begin to write down stressors when I encounter them. Start a list, so I can....
    • Look at the list of stressors to determine what I can change and what I need to just accept.
    • Look at list of things I can change and start writing out baby steps how to change them.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member

That is a really good way of thinking about it. I know when my emotions get the better of me because of stress, my whole being falls apart! I had a pretty rough day and it sure shows in my goals and post today, doesn't it? I ended up getting in my car at about 11:30 to get away for a break and try to rejuvenate. I felt overwhelmed and frustrated, so I was going to go home for lunch, then decided to go to A&W or McDonald's instead, but instead of turning into A&W, I turned the other direction and found myself at Medi Weightloss Clinic where my daughter works. I had them weigh me, and I was up quite a bit from last time, so that was a real eye opener. The health coach gave me a scolding for avoiding them and not coming for the past month and gave me some reading material about Emotional/Stress eating that I'm going to look at when I'm done logging in here.

I feel like I have been doing really good (until today) at keeping a smile on my face, cheering on my colleagues and my family, journaling at night, not bringing my work home, etc. So maybe I am doing better in those areas of my wellbeing? I really felt that today was the first day I couldn't shake that feeling of "doom". Tomorrow will be better, right?! ;)

Tracie - you should give yourself several pats on the back for going to the weight loss clinic instead of McDonalds!! This is huge!!
    My weight is also way up this month. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get in control. We are leaving tomorrow morning for 5 days in Chicago (mostly work, and I will be on my feet all day), but I am hoping at least maybe I can get the sugar out of my system.
    But I agree so much - when we are under stress, everything suffers. And while you have not loss weight, you have made huge steps in controlling that stress!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    April 18
    Exercise 20 minutes :)
    24 ounces water :)
    7000 steps :/ Spent extra time at the office today.
    Log food and stay under goal :)

April 19
    Exercise 20 minutes
    24 ounces water
    7000 steps
    Log and stay under goals
    Keep trusting God and stay at peace while waiting out a couple health test results. Health concerns tend to trigger my panic attacks. I tend to go to the worse case option before actually getting the diagnosis from the doctor. Then find out I wasted my time worrying because the test came back negative and I had nothen to fear.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Posting tomorrow's goals tonight since I probably won't have time in the morning.

I weighed in today and I am up 5 lbs in the past 4 weeks. So, time for a sugar detox again. Like I wasn't crabby enough, right? Ha! :s

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. 80 oz fluids (decaf or plain water)
    3. Take a walk at lunch for some quiet time
    4. FOCUS at work
    5. Trust myself. I can and WILL successfully complete this project by Friday.
    6. Stick with whole foods. If I can't pronounce the ingredients, I shouldn't be eating it!
    7. Unplug one hour before bed, read and write in Gratitude Journal.

Hope everyone is having a great week! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    @joan6630 Thank you, Joan. They were happy I came to them rather than going to McDonald's too. I'm trying to look at it as a win, rather than failure because of the weight gain. I have to start remembering that I am only hurting myself by eating crap. And that saying "you are what you eat" is really true with me. When I eat crap, I feel like crap. So, time to stop messing around. I think I also need to remind myself often that the reason I started this was for health reasons...not just the cute clothes (although that is a big motivator)!

Without my health, nothing else matters. So, it's time for me to buckle down and get serious. :confused:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Keep trusting God and stay at peace while waiting out a couple health test results. Health concerns tend to trigger my panic attacks. I tend to go to the worse case option before actually getting the diagnosis from the doctor. Then find out I wasted my time worrying because the test came back negative and I had nothen to fear.

Hang in there! I have been there many times, and I know it's hard to not worry, but try to keep faith. I hope you get good news on your tests really soon!
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Jft from today..
    1. I did stretch
    2. Did use my new water bottke
    3. Did not stay in 200 of my calorie limit :(
    4. I think I've smiled today.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Back to work Tuesday, and will start logging everything again = I logged everything, including the Reese's pieces pastel Easter eggs. I'm thinking I need to pack up the baskets and not have them sitting out, too much temptation, and hubby can just ignore! How is that possible? :o

I was maintaining last week, probably should step on the scale in a.m. to scare myself. Stepped on the scale T morning, and it was scary, all right! I gained back the weight I lost last month. Grrr! :s

Recap T 3/18:
    1) Drink 10 c. water or more = 10 :smile:
    2) During webinar at noon, pace in office = 4,128 steps :smile:
    3) Walk dog after work (remember weekly goal) = walked neighborhood cul de sacs, in case rain started, about 35 minutes :smile:
    4) Pack lunch for W = ready for tomorrow :smile:
    5) Floss...yes, I need to start over, again <sigh> = right after I set my goals for Wed. :smiley:

Just for W 3/19
    1) Eat fewer calories than Tues.
    2) During another noon webinar, pace in office
    3) Cut up carrots and celery for tzatziki and pack lunch for Thurs.
    4) Catch up on laundry
    5) Floss

Have a great hump day, everyone!
  • mytime6630

I will say a prayer that all your tests come back negative. I know myself, I always tend to think the worse with so many things. And many times, I worry for no reason. I can't tell you how many times I would eat a bunch, or spend the nite in a panic, because I was worrying about things that never happened. So I hope you can find some peace, and know that whatever the outcome you can deal with it when it happens. It does you no good to think the worse. So hang in there - we are all rooting for you, and please let us know.
  • mytime6630
    I was maintaining last week, probably should step on the scale in a.m. to scare myself. Stepped on the scale T morning, and it was scary, all right! I gained back the weight I lost last month. Grrr! :s

WHy is it that the weight comes off so slow, but goes on so quickly. In 2 weeks, my weight is up 5 lbs - mostly from eating junk food, and easter candy. All the candy is gone now, and I am hoping while we are in chicago the next 4 days that I can eat just healthy foods, and get the sugar out. I think all of us are struggling -- maybe we can figure out a way to really encourage and boost each other. Remember how great we are all going to look at Christmas time!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »

WHy is it that the weight comes off so slow, but goes on so quickly. In 2 weeks, my weight is up 5 lbs - mostly from eating junk food, and easter candy. All the candy is gone now, and I am hoping while we are in chicago the next 4 days that I can eat just healthy foods, and get the sugar out. I think all of us are struggling -- maybe we can figure out a way to really encourage and boost each other. Remember how great we are all going to look at Christmas time!

I scoffed all my Easter chocolate... just to get it out the way and so I wouldn't be tempted!

I think it's just an odd time of year, the new year resolutions have worn off and as we progress into our journey it gets harder to keep it up!

I just keep reading the success stories!
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Tuesday's goals:
    1. Have a green day. Remember, weigh in is tomorrow! :smiley: I was pleased with my scale this morning, who is usually the most hated thing on the planet! I was down 3.6 pounds this week!
    2. Meet my step goal. :smile: I managed to get in over 12K steps yesterday. Not sure how that happened since I was feeling so poorly.
    3. Stretch! Stretch! Stretch! :smile: I got my stretching in, but it didn't really help. Sat with the heating pad for awhile and that did give me some relief.
    4. Do one other type of exercise. Decided to cross this one off my list.
    5. Get household chores done. :smile:

Wednesday's goals:
    1. Stay in the green for calories/carbs/water.
    2. Meet my step goal.
    3. Do stretching!
    4. Make appointments today!
    5. Work on the baby blanket.

Having another cold day today, but I think it is a little warmer. At least the snow didn't stick today. :wink:
    Had a rough night, but my joints are feeling better than yesterday. This is a definite plus! I am trying really hard to focus on the positive. I was just glad I resisted the urge to indulge in food yesterday. That tends to be my go-to whenever I am not feeling well. I have my own pity party... I think I will try to take things a little slower today and give my body a chance to regroup.

Hope you have an awesome day!
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Jft..
    1. Eat salad and carrots
    2. Walk 2 floors of stairs tonight then take elector. All 4 floors of stairs will exhaust me.
    3. Be within 200 of calorie limit