Christmas Countdown Challenge - Starting 7/25

Options

Replies

• Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! I'm Kate, 37, married with a 2 year old daughter. I'm an RN and work 7a-7p 3 days a week on a busy medical surgical floor. I started this journey just over a year ago, got side tracked for awhile, but am now back full force!

Starting weight: 288.4
    Current weight: 243.5
    Christmas goal weight:: 210

Bust: 46"
    Waist: 45" (at belly button)
    Hips: 49"
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I will give my details tomorrow, I HAVE to go to bed now!
  • CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I will be 50 in December and I really want to lose 30 pounds by that time. I have been married for 22 years. We have a daughter who is 20 and a son who is 17.

Starting Weight: 190.2
    Current Weight: 190.2
    Goal Weight by 12/25 160.2
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge! I'm Rhonda, a 22 year old mother of an amazing little boy. My son is 4 1/2 and is my whole world. I am currently at 152.6 lbs, and I would like to be at my goal of 120 lbs by the end of this year! I'm getting married next year, and I want to look amazing when I do!
  • Butterbuns30
    Butterbuns30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! Id love to join the group.
    I'm from ny but living in fl now. Im a SAHM mom to two boys who mean the world to me. I started using mfp recently and love everything it has to offer! Id love to be a part of this group because I think support and encouragement is important to my success!
    Current weight : 242
    Christmas goal: 217 (25lbs)
    I'll get my measurements to you as soon as I find that measuring tape!
    Thanks for the opportunity!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in! My name is Christina, I run a wedding photography business with my husband. I also do a lot of mom stuff since I stay home. :) I started on MFP back in Sept/Oct 2010 (it was a rocky start LOL), and my starting weight was 272lbs. I'm hoping to be UNDER 200lbs by Christmas, so this challenge is perfect. I struggle with emotional eating, stress eating...pretty much everything in my life connects to food somehow, so when we get into the holiday months I hope that I can stay on track this year!

Current weight - 228lbs
    Measurements -
    Chest = 43
    Waist = 47
    Hips = 52
    Thighs = 27.5
    Calves = 17.5
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im interested in this as well!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Meg. 26. Teacher. Originally from CA, but now I live in Germany.

I get back to the states to see family once or twice a year, and the next time will be at Christmas. I'd *love* to have a fit little body with a runners booty to show off by then! (Plus, I have two super hot, fit sisters back home from whom I want to steal clothes!)

CW: 81.4 kg (180 lbs)
    Neck: 12.5
    Bust: 42
    Waist: 39
    Hips: 43
    thighs: 22
    calf: 15.5
    upper arm: 11.5

GW: 61 kg (135 lbs)
    GW by Christmas... 70 kg (155 lbs)

25 lbs/10kg loss... Can I do it? :huh:
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Andrea - Live in NV. I work nights as a psych nurse in a prison and days as a massage therapist in a salon. I have come a long way since starting my weight loss many years ago (150lb), but now I'm loosing weight more for self esteem than for health. Since joining MFP, I'm down 15lb or so. My motivation is to be able to shop in the "skinny" stores where they don't sell double digit sizes.

CW: 143
    GW: 125
    Measurements - I'll have to take those when I get off work tonight.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have already decided I want to try to get to goal by christmas so this would be an amazing way to try and do it!

:) so excited to begin!
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm a 27yr old, 5'4" office worker from London. Moved to a desk job from being on my feet and put on 15lbs in 4 months :S

CW: 140lbs
    GW: 120 lbs

Will get my measurements when my better half arrives home tonight!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    weight and measurments will follow soon.
    thank you for this.
  • TiffanyEst85
    TiffanyEst85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join all of you on this challenge! This will be my first challenge and I gotta admit I'm pretty stoked. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I'd really like to be at my goal by then which will also mean I will be well-practiced in self control at the dinner table :) I am currently at a healthy weight but my body fat percentage is higher than I'd like. My goal is to tone up my entire body and go in at the top of my jeans instead of muffin-topping.

Starting Weight 135
    Current Weight 128
    Goal Weight 110-115 (I fluctuate regularly so anywhere in this range and I'm set)

Measurements:
    Bust 34.5
    Waist 27
    Hips 38
    Thighs 22.5
    Arms 11.5
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I would also like to join in :)
    My name is Kirsty-Louise I live in the UK and I work in customer services for a large telecommunications company. (Which I hate by the way) Since I started a month ago I have lost 12lbs and joined MFP to track a bit better, I want to lose weight for health reasons and to feel a bit better about myself.

Starting Weight: 251
    Current Weight: 239
    Goal Weight by 12/25: 200

I have not got a tape measure to hand but will add this shortly
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kristin, and I am a 44 year old 3rd grade teacher who is married and has 3 children ages 9-18. We are getting ready to go on vacation, and I think this is just what I need to stay motivated and get back on track. Vacations have been a downfall for me in the past. I just found this challenge this morning so thanks for keeping the thread open. This is my first challenge, and I can see it being a motivator to help me in making smart choices in calorically difficult situations.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh. Can I still join? I'm Mel, 21. I work three part-time jobs and I'm going to graduate school (will be done in May!) I NEED challenges to keep me accountable! YAY!

SW: 190
    CW: 175ish
    GW (by Christmas): 160
    Final GW: 150

Chest: 43.5
    Waist: 41.5
    Hips: 42.5
    Thighs: 25.25
    Arms: 14.25
  • LovingLife007
    Options
    I'm all over this one! Count me in please.

My name is Kathryn and I live in the Houston area. I just joined this week. I bought an iPhone and this was one of the apps I looked at first. Accountability is key for me, so please feel free to add me as a friend so that we can lend each other support.

Food has been my drug of choice all of my life. My short term goal is to loose weight but my ultimate goal is to replace my cycle of addiction with a healthy lifestyle filled with better choices. I had a gastric bypass in 2004 and while that helped me loose weight, there have been plenty of health consequences and I have gained back some of that weight. Funny thing...surgery can change the size of stomach but doesn't automatically change the brain of the person! I have made progress with my weight but have a ways to go to change the inner me.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this challenge and this community!

My weight loss goal for this challenge is 30 pounds.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    bump, bump, bump, bump, bump! lol, I am in. I will post in this forum again really soon. But my goal by Christmas {this is random number} is @ least another 40pounds. So hopefully my ticker says 82 or more pounds lost :)
  • phoenix113
    phoenix113 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!! My name is Laura. I live in Oklahoma. I turned 30 at the beginning of the year. About three years ago I started an extremely stressful job. Over the course of three years I gained about 50lbs and suffered a myriad of health problems. I have now found a new job that I love. I quit smoking about a year ago and in the past six months have settled my medical issues. I now feel like I am mentally in a place where I can address my weight issues. My main goal is to be healthier in my 30's+ than I was in my 20's. My goal is to lose 32.5 lbs by Christmas.

SW: 230
    CW: 217.5
    mini goal 199: by the end of September
    mini goal 185: by 12/25/2011
    GW: 145
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hiii!! I am in!!

I currently am 192.6lbs and would like to be 160lbs by Christmas.

Measurements are in my profile, feel free to friend me!

I am 25 (26 in December) years old... live with my bf and 2 furry kitties. I have been down to 140lbs last summer and slowly have packed on weight with my changing body. (I'm an insulin dependant diabetic with PCOS so it's hard for me to keep weight off). I am finishing a Nutrition degree and also getting my personal training certificate because I have developed a love for preventative health and this is where I want to build my career.

I love Christmas and this challenge just adds to the building excitement!! Especially if we post tips and healthier recipe alternatives!!

Let's do this!! "Let us Lose! Let us Lose! Let us Lose!* ahaha