Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Train-wreck. Too much candy and I broke down and had coffee tonight. Cold and rainy = needed something warm. Thinking I really need to plan and prep for the next week and kick the sugar habit again. Will aim for that and then do bloodwork at doctor a week from Friday.

Still no pop, though!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Frozen lasagna for dinner. Considering I had the day off I am tired. Will be under covers in with dog under Lana's Palm tree soon.

Annie - good for you for holding out on Pop!

Found out the ingredients for the hot chocolate in the Starbuck's/coffee machine I have access to, has too many artificial ingredients. Sadly, I will be out of my organic hot chocolate, but I have the dutch processed cocoa and can make from scratch.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - so good you were acknowledged for chemo hats... so many good things go unnoticed... and for that, hope you find something amazing at jewelry sale!

Annie - congrats on no pop! That is so awesome!

Lana - thank you so much for hugs and good thoughts...he is still having a very rough time, accepting where he is and knowing why he is there...he is still trying to leave... unfortunately, it was not explained to Mom, what "Memory Care" meant... she is thinking, he needs to be moved there, as it is locked and he won't be able to try to "escape" ... her brother thinks, he needs to be put on Hospice and just kept comfortable... it is so hard, to know what is the right thing to do...

Think I will head to bed... Sat can't come quick enough... this week is just dragging on...
    Have a great night all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, that is a tough decision. Be glad in this one you dont have to make it. Keeping your family in my thoughts. The answer will be there for them - sometimes the patient acts in ways/doesnt act in ways that makes it easy for a decision to be made..... time will tell.

Ice Cream truck drove by today as I was walking the dog on her after dinner "trot". Hope to get the tune out of my head soon......

Crawling with dog into bed.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Lana - if freezing your Chinese food keeps you in portions instead of buying more food - that also saves you $$.

Dog's stomach is noisy again (allergies?) and so she may be eating grass again. Rained last night and it may be a short walk. She gets her probiotic tonight at least that is what the calendar says.

Cafe lunch / jewelry possibly at work. Glad for yesterday off. Nice to unplug once a month and do things for myself.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Was fortunate to find 2 pendants I like and spent half the money I usually do. So that was a good compromise.

Fried rice for dinner. Brain is tired, so I will crawl to lounge chair under Lana's Palm Tree and wait to see how her day went.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Waves to Lana!

Sara - sounds like you found good deals... hope pup feels better, soon... bit of rain here, this morn... not the storms like expected...

I am incredibly thankful, I don't have to make this decision with Grandpa...I believe, Mom has made the decision to try Memory Care Unit, before resorting to Hospice...we all know, he wouldn't want to be like this... but, we want to give him every chance, before stopping meds and giving up...I did reach out for support from CurePSP....I will call Mon, as I missed it for this week...I just need to hear from someone that knows this disease, and hopefully, help me understand things...

So glad tomorrow is Friday... almost my Friday..I just can't make it thru many more days, this week..
  • tmetoyer123
    tmetoyer123 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is love to hang out here too!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Back for an update - dog was not eating anything and kept hiding which is not my dog (she inhales her food as soon as she sees it)..... she has now had her liverwurst (medication) and one treat and laying by my feet, so I am satisfied.

Tmetoyer - Welcome! stop by and post when you can.

Dawn - care package from the cboys is on the way, warm blankets and comfort items. Sounds like the plan for your grandfather is a good one as it respects his abilities and gives your grandmother a break.

Bringing Tillie to the Palm Tree tonight as she is doing better.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Hi All,
    I'm here late - it's almost time to go to sleep.

Annie - Yay on the pop-free you!

Sara - glad you scored well at the jewelry sale~~

Dawn - It is possible to have a phone consult with hospice to find out about them and what they do.
    My father had some hospice care and services while he was still in enhanced assisted living, long before the nursing home. So you don't have to be major-league super ill to have some of their services. I would hope that when the time really comes, your grandfather will have hospice involved, so I encourage even you yourself simply to make a phone call to them only to begin to get familiar with everything that they can offer and how the particular organization in your area works.
    A person can "go onto and off of" hospice care multiple times. I guess a better way to say that is that hospice services are not only for the very end of life and not only just once.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - thank you so much... looking forward to CBoys and Care package...
    Glad Miss T ate her meds and treat... hope it helps and you both can rest easy...

Ready to veg out for the night...
    Hope everyone has a great night...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hey Dawn~~

When you have time, look into what Missouri calls TPOPP, pronounced "tea-pop". In Missouri it stands for Transportable Physician Orders of Patient Preferences.

It is your state's version (somehow tied to Kansas too) of a form that comes from a patient's physician (must be signed by physician), is discussed amongst the physician, the patient, and the family, and is then completed and is posted prominently wherever the patient lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHI7q69l31M
    This is a somewhat helpful video about it, for Missouri. Other states call this form other names. New State calls it a MOLST. Lots of other states call it POLST.

My experience in NY: My father had one while he was still living at home, maybe even with my mother still alive. It is a single hot pink page, protected by a clear cover that had to be taped to the refrigerator. In assisted living it was taped to the refrigerator. In the nursing home, it was taped to the wall over his bed.

EMTs know when called to a house or assisted living to look in the kitchen at the refrigerator for the form and grab it and take it with the patient when taking him to the hospital. In the case of later in life at the nursing home, it can say under which circumstances to take a patient to the hospital--something that is chosen when talking to doctor and family and patient. This is key for nursing homes to know how to proceed when a patient becomes more ill.

A TPOPP is something really good to have and absolutely does NOT take the place of a living will or medical power of attorney or advanced directives. It is simply another great tool in the toolbox.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Lana- good info for Dawn - people can have serious episodes of Hospice in their lifetime - maybe when he gets to his Memory Care Hospice can get his meds coordinated and help settle him in......not just the last 90 days like Lana said, so if they do come in now - it is not necessarily the end.

Lana - Is MOLST "life support" instructions? Dawn if your father has a form saying he doesnt want to be on machines- make a copy of it, hospitals lose those forms.......

Okay, just made 2 appointments for weekend. One on each day. Dog needs her annual shots and I will see my Mary Kay lady as she will be in my part of town.

Regular day for food set up. Wave to all who follow. TGIF
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning!

Am I dragging this morning. 3rd to last radiation treatment today! Yay.

Sara - In my hazy-brain, I don't remember much about what is actually on the MOLST form. The key that IS on the form, which is not covered by any other form is under what circumstances does the facility or the EMTs take a person to the hospital, which is pivotal at patient's end of life. There are probably other DNR type things on it. I have photos of my father's form, but I must get in shower now to get to appointment. I will look later.

PS - sorry - meant to include only a link - not that clumsy entire video frame.

Sara - I am coming with you to see your Mary Kay lady--never been! I myself am a devotee of Lancome and Estee Lauder and always look for the best Gift with Purchase promotions in the stores. So I never got to know anything about Mary Kay!

More later girls~~

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

Yep, my weekend and week of debauchery has caught up to me. Up 2 lbs from last Friday. 154.8 today. Sigh. Time to really get back on track.

Headache this morning. Almost caved in to coffee but instead packed a couple of ibuprofen in my purse. Will probably take it soon as headache is not going away.

Short day at work. Have to pick DD up from school an hour early and get her to church for a weekend conference with the youth group. Will be quiet at home with DH and 6 year old. Weather will be nice so hoping for walks and bike rides.

Switched to OTC eye drops yesterday and so far, so good. Also started new allergy med last night. I know that one takes a few days to load into my system.

Lana - you are doing great. 3rd to last treatment? Amazing. And congratulations!

Dawn - prayers for your family.

Sara - my Mary Kay lady is having a sale this weekend, so will email her on Saturday to get 20% off my order. I usually order their eye makeup remover, eye primer, and emollient cream. So, not really any of their makeup. I use BareMinerals for foundation and a variety of other things for eyes, cheeks, and lips.

I suppose I'd better take that ibuprofen and get some work done.

Happy Friday!

Annie

Today's weight: 154.8
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145.0
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - I hope that you got rid of that headache!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Annie - hate morning headaches. I hope your meds took care of it.

Project at work exploded into a huge mess, so for me it just means working something else on Monday but what a mess for the higher ups.

Dinner is crescent rolls that I wrapped ham and cheese. (Pillsbury instant food -crescent rolls - not from a bakery).

Nice walk with dog, run dishwasher, and then knitting with Miss T under Lana's Palm Tree. When is your last treatment and how do we celebrate??
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    quote of the day-

Eat for the body you want, not for the body you have - unknown.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Getting to sleep was hard last night, so a little more before the world starts is appreciated.

Will stop by between errands and dog appointment (got moved from tomorrow to today).
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good Morning All~~
    quote of the day-

Eat for the body you want, not for the body you have - unknown.

Sara - I really like this quote you posted; it is a forehead slapper!

My last radiation treatment is on Tuesday, but I'd like to hold off on the celebration. I see a neuropsychiatrist Wednesday to investigate why I have such profound brain fail.

I will celebrate when I have in hand a doctor's note that says something to give me a few more months to recover and rest and still get my disability benefits. That would allow me to get rest with peace of mind, get some regular daily exercise, and begin to actually physically improve. THEN we will have a big party!

Lana