No photo = no add!

Options

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    We didn't take you seriously. Your 'joke' was just in poor taste @captbklee Surely you expected to be called on it?

I didn't think it was in particularly poor taste as someone who's actually fought ISIS, but I've never been accused of being rigid.
    It wouldn't be Friday if I didn't ruffle someone's feathers on MFP.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on the folks who are interacting. I am at a point in my life where I am exploring some new found passions in art and photography so I like to see a lot of pictures, whether they are of the individual or not. Now I do not really like it when there is absolutely nothing in the profile pic space, but that's just me. Again I really, really, like photos/art.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i agree with the OP. everybody on mfp should have a profile pic so we know who they truly are.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    We didn't take you seriously. Your 'joke' was just in poor taste @captbklee Surely you expected to be called on it?

I didn't think it was in particularly poor taste, but I've never been accused of being rigid. But it wouldn't be Friday if I didn't ruffle someone's feathers on MFP.

Nor ruffled :smile: But I'm old and stodgy (rigid perhaps) that way and probably have a personal history that lends me toward finding jokes about terrorism extremely unfunny. But that's the beauty of the internet - room for everyone!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I appreciate and respect people wanting to remain anonymous. I sometimes wonder if I should remove my picture. I do like seeing a picture, but I can get a feeling of who I am dealing with based on peoples words better than what they look like.

Pictures don't have to be a selfie...I see many pictures of someone crossing a finish line, on a bike, in the mountains, etc. You can see the person - but not clearly.

I also believe that no picture means that they will not be on MFP 6 weeks from now.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Disagree. I used to have a pic myself on here, but decided to remove it. Mainly because I don't want to "bump" into someone I know in "real" life on here. I like my anonymity. It is easier to stay honest knowing I have a *little* bit of protection with my anonymity.

I also don't request or accept friends on here, besides my husband. I used to, but found there was no benefit add. I just stay active in the forums and get to know people that way.

So, no skin off my back if you don't like Ariel. ;)

But you have an avatar...and I (personally) think that still qualifies as a pic. A lot of thought can go into an avatar :-)
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Disagree. I used to have a pic myself on here, but decided to remove it. Mainly because I don't want to "bump" into someone I know in "real" life on here. I like my anonymity. It is easier to stay honest knowing I have a *little* bit of protection with my anonymity.

I also don't request or accept friends on here, besides my husband. I used to, but found there was no benefit add. I just stay active in the forums and get to know people that way.

So, no skin off my back if you don't like Ariel. ;)

But you have an avatar...and I (personally) think that still qualifies as a pic. A lot of thought can go into an avatar :-)

I agree. I like the avatars. They show a lot of personality.

For me, a lot of thought went into mine and it says more about me than a photo of myself ever could.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Disagree. You have the option of declining a friend request. I don't have the option of keeping my privacy if I post my real pic. No one is on your page that you didn't manually add. This is on you.

Mic drop
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying... but it is a choice.

I totally do not get not putting some sort of picture rather it is real or fictional as a profile pic though :/. It's 2017 - get with it....
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I disagree. There are so many awesome people around here who choose not to use their pic. It doesn't really matter if they are a man or woman. Are you a good person? Serious about your fitness journey? Motivating? those are the things I look for.

We should become best friends. You know, that kind that lend each other money from time to time, except I'm broke so it would just be you lending me money. But still.
  • mystubbornfluff
    mystubbornfluff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was on here several years ago and that's definitely how I was. haha. I'm back now! woo.
  • Nickladon
    Nickladon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would agree because its good to be able to put a name with a face. Im terrible with names but if i see your face enough i will eventually remember lol.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I add everyone, until they prove something different.