No photo = no add!

Options

Replies

• Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    But what about the mr. or mrs. finding out?

There is that, or we could dig up one of the many catfish threads on here.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    it just depends man.
    sometimes i use a goofy pic of some kind on here when i'm feeling depressed and need a laugh, but that's me.

sometimes people only go halfway when they sign up and just keep telling themselves, oh i'll add a picture later, but maybe they're overweight and embarrassed still. i know i was a few years ago.

sometimes people use fake photos just to circumvent a forum ban. like they can't use their real photo because someone will recognize them from before and report them.

and sometimes they're just stalkers and you're totally justified in deleting/ignoring them. you just have to trust your gut.

We said we werent gonna mention that again.....

I disagree. A person can use any picture of any person found on the internet for a profile pic if they really wanted to. Perhaps the people who use sayings and cartoon characters and funny pics are actually more dependable. Plus, whichever pic they use can give a little insight as to their personality.

I've actually found that to be true! Some of the funniest and/or most knowledgeable people I've interacted with on these forums have profile pictures of something other than their face.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    You don't know if the picture that people post are really them, do you? All you see is a picture of someone who may or may not be them and some user name that often doesn't point to gender.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures on any of my social media accounts. I deleted (not deactivated) Facebook in 2015 and have tried to keep my distance since then. Of course, I'm not adding friends on here either. I don't see a point. The only social media connections I maintain (solely on SnapChat) are people I know well; my immediate family, my parents, my inlaws, my Chemistry study group. I've had enough of making "friends" over the internet.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Eh I think profile pics are a personal choice, just like on Instagram and facebook. I don't have any personal pics on here except I did add on a thread about big weight loss. Just my personal choice, I'm not hiding anything and I'm not looking to pic up my next boyfriend here so I don't really think my picture is necessary.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I was on here several years ago and that's definitely how I was. haha. I'm back now! woo.
    We should be friends! But don't send me an FR because I'm 100% FL free baby!
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't worry so much about it because I'm pretty vague-ish anyway. If ya get creepy, I use the delete and block feature on here, it's an awesome thing.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smart phone to easily take a selfie and easily upload a photo to mfp or instagram or whatever other app you have. If that's how you choose to build your silo, ok.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Looking at the post counts of users on this thread without 'real' photos makes it a little ironic...