February "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options
Good morning and welcome to a new month and a new challenge!

It appears that Wanda won the January "No more late night snacks challenge" hands-down. 21 consecutive nights without any late-night snacks!! Congratulations Wanda!!!:flowerforyou:

Anyone can win the month of February since we start all over from Day 1. While you should report just your Feb. results to make this more of a comeptition, feel free to also let us know what your total would be if you added your most recent Jan. consecutive number of days without late night snacking. This would not count towards the Feb. total, but would be inspiring. Who knows, if we keep this up for a year, we could have a grand total winner for 2009.

Anyway, for those new to this challenge, select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine happens to be 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. Choose what is best for you.

Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights on Febraury 28 wins the month of February.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon and have to start all over at Day 1 every time we go past out cut-off time, anyone can join this challenge at any time. By the way, I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights out since I don't usually go out until later. You have to be reasonable and realistic for this to work.

The February challenge is now officially open. Good luck everyone!! We can do this.:happy:

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to a new month and a new challenge!

It appears that Wanda won the January "No more late night snacks challenge" hands-down. 21 consecutive nights without any late-night snacks!! Congratulations Wanda!!!:flowerforyou:

Anyone can win the month of February since we start all over from Day 1. While you should report just your Feb. results to make this more of a comeptition, feel free to also let us know what your total would be if you added your most recent Jan. consecutive number of days without late night snacking. This would not count towards the Feb. total, but would be inspiring. Who knows, if we keep this up for a year, we could have a grand total winner for 2009.

Anyway, for those new to this challenge, select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine happens to be 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. Choose what is best for you.

Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights on Febraury 28 wins the month of February.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon and have to start all over at Day 1 every time we go past out cut-off time, anyone can join this challenge at any time. By the way, I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights out since I don't usually go out until later. You have to be reasonable and realistic for this to work.

The February challenge is now officially open. Good luck everyone!! We can do this.:happy:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I need to join this one! Although, "late night" for me means nothing after 7pm as I go to bed at 9! :laugh:

Night snacking totally ruined my being able to stay within my daily calories all last month.
    (I will allow myself a cup of hot tea or diet hot cocoa right before bed if needed.... they're super low cal though)
  • zaza54
    Options
    Welcome Wolfena!
    I can relate. I see a difference between when I stick to this challenge and when I don't. Once I lose resolve at night, then it's usually a total disaster in the calorie dept.
    We're all here to help each other and get motivated and make lasting progress. Sometimes a little friendly competition helps. Welcome to the challenge.
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I want to get in on this again for Feb. :smile: Late night snacking has been my hardest habit to break :grumble: I don't know why but it seems I don't get the urge to eat until after the sun goes down :noway: I know if I can break this habit losing weight won't be a total nightmare for me :wink:. So my cut off time will be 9:30 just like for January. I know with enough practice I can do this.
  • eammarx
    Options
    My no late night eating is not eating after 8pm.

I have finally gotten past the need to eat food, but being hungry and figuring out how to excercise, eat dinner and have a snack so I am not hungry after 8pm. But I have resorted to snacking on these 20 cal candies if I have the urge to eat something without eating food. I would like to stop that
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this!! I have a terrible habit of eatting at night right before I go to sleep. I have a really busy schedule and to cope with my stress I eat at night. I will make my cut off time 9:00 PM because I go to bed around 11 -12 everynight.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Cut-off: 8 p.m. for me (7 p.m., if I manage, but officially 8 p.m.). I'm going to bed around midnight.

Since I exercise in the evening, I'll allow myself to have a healthy snack after, even if that's past 8 (it could be even 9). The day will count only if I have the calories left for that snack and if I stop there.

Let's do it, everyone! :drinker:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    hey there heres to feb!
  • MrsCallas
    Options
    I am totally in! My cut off is 8:00. I am the same as Dewpearl. I work out after my son goes to bed at 8. I also alow my self a reasonable snack/calories to reach where I need to be after working out. But NO LATER than 9 will be allowed!! This is going to be such a help!!
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Looks like we got a good group going :flowerforyou: We can do this, ya'll just hang in there! :wink:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Want to join!!!! I joined a similar challenge Aug or Sep last year and it really helped me. Official cut off for most days of the week will be 8pm as long as I have eaten all my calories. If I go out late at night, usually once or three times a month, it will be later as long as I work in my caloric intake. I will be honest if I know I went over by 100 cals and ate later that I'm supposed to. :flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am in my cut off is 7 pm.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I already "forgot" about this... just prepared mine and my boyfriend's breakfast & lunches to take to work tomorrow and snacked on mini-muffins and quaker cereal squares - and it was 8pm!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Am I too late? I'd like to try this...

My cut-off time will be 9 pm, since I usually don't get home from work and the gym until at least 7.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see so many people taking control away from the late night snacks....
    I hope I can keep it up.

Tonight is Night 1.
    :drinker:

Wanda
  • zaza54
    Options
    You're not too late SatelliteCrush80. Welcome!
    Wlofena, don't worry that you slipped tonight. We all do at some point.

I was so caught up in tonight's Super Bowl that I didn't snack. I rarely watch football, but tonight's game was so exciting that it kept my attention. (I even burned calories dancing to Bruce Springsteen's half-time show) So, tonight is Day 1 for me.

Stay strong everyone. Stay AWAY from the kitchen. Clean up tomorrow morning.:laugh:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I also had a good start in Feb, so Zaza, watch out for me :wink: . Day 1 is behind me :drinker: . Working on day 2 now (one day at a time :smile: )
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Day one down here i come day two!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I really, really, REALLY, need to join this challenge! Starting tonight...last night was kinda bad. I am so bad (or good?) at grabbing a late night snack - a bag of popcorn, a spoonful of peanut butter, a handful of Quaker Rice Cake snacks....usually it's healthy, but that doesn't matter. It's not what I'm eating so much as WHY I'm eating it - because I'm in front of the TV watching my shows, and just want to munch on something. Unnecessary!

Count me in!!!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Welcome! The more the merrier. It's fun to have a little friendly competition going - should help to keep us all on the road to reaching our goals.
    Have a great day everyone. Will touch base tonight to see how you are all doing.
    Zaza