MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:

FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

:drinker: Small changes can bring on big results!! :drinker:

FOR THE WEEK OF: July 24 to July30 , 2011

CHOOSE ONE OR MORE THINGS YOU WANT TO WORK ON FOR JUST THIS WEEK. DON'T SET IT TOO HIGH OR UNREACHABLE!!

And please, Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

:happy: You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!:smile:

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

:flowerforyou: Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?:flowerforyou:

:tongue: Hope to see my old friends & hope to make some new friends! :tongue:

:flowerforyou: Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request :flowerforyou:

Last Weeks Link
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/291275-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals

Replies

• jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm in!

My goals are to...

1. Eat at least 1200 calories
    2. Go to bed before midnight
    3. Get enough protein
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are:

1-Stay in my calorie allowance and not over all 7 days.
    2-Work out 3 times a week for 30 minutes (I've been injured so depending on how my knee handles it we shall see)
    3-Get more protein!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I know that I usually try not to make too many, but I have a few habbits to break and some I need to make. Like my nightly handful of nuts. Unlogged & Uncounted. Could be a reason that dang scale is stuck!!

Sooooooooo let's see how this goes. I may be crazy by mid-week.

Strive for Five
    1. Keep 5/6 Food Diary Numbers within (I took Fiber out, I’m always over & added Carbs)
    2. No Nighttime Nuts
    3. 30 min walking/exercise)
    4. 25 Crunches on ball or bed (my way)
    5. Daily Check-in

#1 Will definately be the hardest. Especially Sodium & sugar. But I NEED to give it a shot. Could be another reason my scales aren't budging!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME JANIE & JES :flowerforyou:

THOSE ARE GOOD GOALS!!

Nice to have you here & please feel free to jump in anytime. We usually get some new & some old friends join us for the week. You will find a lot of support & motivation and especially good caring people.

Good Luck This Week!! :drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Be back with my new goals on Sunday.
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!!

IM ALREADY IN A ONE WEEK NO EATING OUT CHALLENGE SO THAT WOULD BE ONE FOR SURE, DRINK 20 CUPS OF WATER, AND SLEEP BY 10PM
  • susanmosley
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I just started keeping a diary today. but ive been watching my calories now for about a month.
    I have not weighed since i started. TOO SCARED :frown: .. i know i should... i went to the dr. last month and could not
    believe the number..YIKES::brokenheart: but so far so good. Im up for the challenge!!! and need to drink more water..
    long term goal 70lbs.:smile:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    IM IN!!!

IM ALREADY IN A ONE WEEK NO EATING OUT CHALLENGE SO THAT WOULD BE ONE FOR SURE, DRINK 20 CUPS OF WATER, AND SLEEP BY 10PM

WELCOME SPATE :flowerforyou:
    GREAT TO HAVE YOU WITH THIS WEEK. YyOU WILL FIND THIS A GREAT LIL GROUP.

That's a goal I wish I could adapt, cus my hubby likes to eat out about once a week. :-( I have good & bad outtings. 20 cups of water seems like a lot, but really it is not. I log about 1 or 13 but probably drink at least 15. Water is my drink of choice. But ya gotta have morning coffee. LOL

Good luck with your goals & we hope to see ya back here sometime.
    Hello Everyone, I just started keeping a diary today. but ive been watching my calories now for about a month.
    I have not weighed since i started. TOO SCARED :frown: .. i know i should... i went to the dr. last month and could not
    believe the number..YIKES::brokenheart: but so far so good. Im up for the challenge!!! and need to drink more water..
    long term goal 70lbs.:smile:
    WELCOME SUSAN :flowerforyou:
    You will find a lot of support & motivation here. I love the Food Diary in MFP!! It beats when I was a paying member of Weight Watchers online. Tools are better here and it's free!! :-) I can't believe you still didn't get on the scales!! Oh my, I hope on the scales every morning. :-( Another Bad Habbit!!

Good Luck this week and jump in with conversation any time!!
  • clippershore
    Options
    To log in all my foods and not miss a day logging them.
    To meet my 3X a wk work out goal.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    To log in all my foods and not miss a day logging them.
    To meet my 3X a wk work out goal.

WELCOME CLIPPER :flowerforyou:

GLAD YOU ARE JOINING US!! This group has become very dear to me with so many caring & supporting good people.

I hope to see more of you. Good luck this week!!

OK.........:yawn: I am off to bed & will check back in the morning. I will be adopting that 10:00 bedtime when I go back to work Mid- August. :-)

goodnight...,,
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Definitely in!!!!
    1. walk at least 2 miles a day
    2. swim in pool at least three days a week
    3. keep my 1200 calorie goal and not go over
    4. drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Definitely in!!!!
    1. walk at least 2 miles a day
    2. swim in pool at least three days a week
    3. keep my 1200 calorie goal and not go over
    4. drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
    \WELCOME BACK KAREN :flowerforyou:

VERY HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK HERE You are doing awesome!! Is this a recent pic?
    Great goals!! Do you still have a pool at your house? :-) If you do, maybe I will invite myself over sometime. :wink:

Good Luck this week!! You have been in serious weight loss mode all summer. You Rock Girl!!
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in for my second week. Goals slightly different than last week as I'm leaving Tuesday for an 18-day camping trip from MA to SD (for a week - Mt. Rushmore, etc) and then home again stopping in Minnesota to see my Red Sox play the Twins!!!

Goals for 7/24-7/30:

1. Get in some kind of exercise especially the days we're driving for 8 hours.
    2. NO EATING after I go to bed.

I'm sticking with just two because #2 has been a big problem for me and I really want to focus on it - wish me luck!!! I'll be checking in as long as there is WiFi at the campgrounds. Have a great week everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would like to join in.
    My goals are:
    1. Eat only one "treat" after dinner 150 calories or less (only if cals available)
    2. Stay at or below 1400 net calories all seven days.
    3. Drink at least 6 8oz glasses of water a day.

I am going to start there. Bring on the week :)
  • RenaeEthridge
    RenaeEthridge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would love to be in on this...just this morning I added on my page I needed motivation! I know this is where I need to be.

My goals:

1. Drink plenty of water.

2. Keep track of what I eat!

3. More protein!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I've missed you guys. No excuses, just want to get back in the swing of things :)
    This week I want to put in my food and exercise everyday. Simple, but something I haven't done consistently in too long.
    Good Luck everyone!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    WELCOME RENAE :flowerforyou:

You will get PLENTY of support & motivation from this group. :happy: There are so many great people here!! I can't say enough times how loving & supportive this group has been.

Great Goals!! Good Luck this week and post as often as you can!!

WELCOM SHAPES TO COME :flowerforyou:

Great Goals!! One week at a time seems to be working for many of us. I just NEED to form habbits that are better ones. I like the fact that I realize how much everyone needs a support group and as hard as we try, we still struggle. So we kinda help each other along the way.

Good Luck this Week!!

WELCOME BACK BETH :flowerforyou:

I wondered what happened to you, but YEAAAAAAA!!!! You are back!! I missed you too!!

Believe me, I know how easy it is to stay away or not log, once you start doing that. That's why we need to make it a habbit!! I am trying real hard to remember this myself!! :wink: You are NOT alone!!

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!!

WELCOME BACK DANLYN :flowerforyou:

Your vacation sounds soooooooo exciting!! Soooooooo HAVE GUILT FREE FUN!! MAKE A LOT OF MEMORIES & SEE EVERYTHING YOU CAN!!

To help control unnecessary calorie intake, DRINK WATER at restaurants, WALK a lot, LAUGH OFTEN & CHECK-IN whenever you can!!

HAVE A FANTASTIC VACATION!! :drinker:

We want a FULL REPORT when you return and PICTURES!! :bigsmile:
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am in again!
    Welcome to all! Missdee has a great idea going here. The people in this group are wonderful!

For the first time ever being on mfp (over a year) I am going to set my diary at 'lose 1 lb a week' and I am really going to try to stay in that along with exercise cals. Although I don't know how I'll get that in. My kids and I are going to meet my brother and family at my folks to visit. (my hubby has to stay home and work) That includes a 10 drive in the car and an a week of snacks, chips, and soda. I'll have to say NO many times! Ugg. So here goes the start of my week, I CAN DO it! :-)

Goals
    1. Stay under in calories 6 days. Be very good the 7th day so going over is at a minimum. (when we go to Outback)
    2. Drink my 120 oz of water all 7 days.
    3. Zumba Monday and use my Mom's exercise equipment Wed - Fri.
    4. Say NO at least 2 times a day Tue - Sat. (next Sun I'll start this goal again)

Everyone have a blessed day! :flowerforyou:
  • cwalshcm
    cwalshcm Posts: 9
    Options
    Dee: you are so supportive and so special. I am blessed to have you has a friend. I am in this week. I am taking a hint from you and making my goal to drink 6 -8 glasses of water a day and journal them. I have gotten to where I barely drink 2 and I use to be so good about my water. It not only helps hydrate but it seems to remind me that I am on a program.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :) welcome everyone! Love the new faces and goals. You can do them!

New goals this week:
    1. Keep sodium below goals 5/7 days. Keep sugar no more than 50% over goal 5/7 days.
    2. Take it easy on the legs, last week's shin splints beginnings were enough to learn my limitations (and ban 30ds for now).
    3. Exercise at least 5 days this week, two of them with strength training components.