Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Super-setting when it's crazy busy. I don't mind it if it's fairly quiet, in fact I might even do it myself but, when you're hard pressed to even find an open bench, why tie up 2 stations at a time? Maybe that's just me though.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    The dude who angrily asked me if I was done on the machine I was occupying and then stood there glaring at me - I assume his anger was because I was looking at my phone during a moment of rest between sets. I was actually looking at my workout app to see what I was doing next and picking out the next song for the workout. Sorry there, Mr. Hostility, but people do rest between sets and do use their phones for fitness oriented purposes.

He asked the wrong question.
    Asking to work-in is the best approach.

I always allow someone the courtesy of working-in, when all it takes is to move a pin on a weight stack.

If it's a squat rack or Olympic loaded bench.... it might be a different story, but honestly , I've only said" No " to someone asking to work-in only once in my life.

That was because the guy was/is a total dick head and I thought he would probably get on the bench and not let anyone else work-in once he was there.

I normally would have thought to let him work in, but I just did another set, let him have it, and then came back to it after he was done.
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    The dude who angrily asked me if I was done on the machine I was occupying and then stood there glaring at me - I assume his anger was because I was looking at my phone during a moment of rest between sets. I was actually looking at my workout app to see what I was doing next and picking out the next song for the workout. Sorry there, Mr. Hostility, but people do rest between sets and do use their phones for fitness oriented purposes.

I don't mind people using an app on a phone briefly between sets. Even if I am waiting for a machine. That's part of today's fitness world.

Now if they are sitting there playing legend of zelda for 5 minutes I might ask if they can find their life crystals somewhere else.

I don't think I was on too long, but in actuality, I work out at 5am and I can't recall anyone waiting behind me to use equipment, so I'm not usually rushing to finish so others can use a particular bench or machine..
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Another locker room issue today.

Someone came in from his workout and drapped his dripping wet with sweat suit (one of those funky plastic "lose weight fast" suits) over an entire bench in front of the lockers....where people actually sit.

No towel.

Just his nasty *kitten* solar soaking sweat suit.... top and pants taking up an entire bench. In front of about 10 standard sized top/bottom lockers.

Left it there while he went to shower.

This is just not normal.

Reminds me of a guy who left his t-shirt in the locker room and someone took it. He was screaming like a bi*ch but it's his fault for not looking after his stuff.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

Someone came in from his workout and drapped his dripping wet with sweat suit (one of those funky plastic "lose weight fast" suits) over an entire bench in front of the lockers....where people actually sit.

No towel.

Just his nasty *kitten* solar soaking sweat suit.... top and pants taking up an entire bench. In front of about 10 standard sized top/bottom lockers.

This is just not normal.

Reminds me of a guy who left his t-shirt in the locker room and someone took it. He was screaming like a bi*ch but it's his fault for not looking after his stuff.

Who would take someone gross sweaty shirt?????!!! And if it wasn't gross and sweaty don't tell me :D
  • gymzonian
    gymzonian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Jayco141 wrote: »
    People who love to leave their GALLON of water next to a machine or bench they walk away from. They love to dominate two machines even when its busy.
    I'm guilty of leaving a gallon of water right next to the equipment I use. The reason why is my bladder is going to explode. I just need to go to the bathroom.

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »

No towel.

This is just not normal.

Who would take someone gross sweaty shirt?????!!! And if it wasn't gross and sweaty don't tell me :D

Gym is a scary place. Full of freeloaders and thief's. If you not looking they will even take your water bottle and towel. Hell, even you if they get a chance. Hence why I travel light when I go to the gym :neutral:
  • plaidshirtgirl
    plaidshirtgirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I hate it when guys try to talk to me when I am on the treadmill. I am in the middle of my exercise... hello.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dudes that have manbuns, while wearing pastel yoga pants and toe shoes. Other than that, I'm good. Oh yeah, and circus folk.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Put a lock on your locker.

I am tired of opening lockers and finding stuff inside . I am also tired of thinking I found a great spot surrounded by empty lockers only to have some Bro marauder in and open one right next to me.

Are combination locks really that expensive?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    Dudes that have manbuns, while wearing pastel yoga pants and toe shoes. Other than that, I'm good. Oh yeah, and circus folk.

I wish I had circus folk at my gym. It might be more entertaining.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This week: When the trainers set up their sessions around the power rack that they use ONLY as a shelf to store their *kitten*. So anyone who wants to use the rack for its intended purpose cannot. And then they don't put their crap away. Ugh.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    People who are too lazy to rerack the weights!! One day I went to use the leg press. Someone left over 600 lbs. of weights on there. Now I'm no weak person by any means, but the one thing I can't lift is 100 lb. plates!! There were 2 of those plates. I had to ask another gym member to help me unrack those. People who don't wear shoes and go barefoot! Yes, I've seen 2 members do this! And lastly people who refuse to wipe down the machines they use
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    members never clean up after them selfs but the weights back where they go
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    People who don't know how to spot.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My gym is awesome as I don't really have any of these issues. I wear headphones and zone everyone out so they don't bother talking to me. I do what I gotta do and get the hell out.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Meh I would be apprehensive about having an overweight trainer. If I were training for something specific, like deadlifts or combatives, I would be OK with it if that person were really good at that specific exercise. I'd be ok with an overweight running coach if he or she was really good at running and good at teaching it (although I don't know a ton of overweight people who are super good at running I suppose it's not impossible). However if I'm just generally hiring a trainer who is supposed to help me get fit and particularly if my goal is to lose weight, I'd much rather select someone with a healthier body fat percentage than an overweight trainer.

Look at it this way...some people are saying that a person may be really good at teaching fitness or weight loss but have a problem with self-control when it comes to food. If you were picking a career mentor, would you pick someone who was just really good at suggesting what you do, or would you pick someone who was good at suggesting what you do as well as successful in her own career?
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This bothers me...not necessarily at the gym but at races. I hate when I'm in the middle of a race and someone passes me and they say "nice job, keep it up!" I mean it's different if it's someone I know, but I don't like random strangers doing it. I'm sure they have good intentions but I find it a bit condescending that they think I need their encouragement because I'm slower than they are and makes me wonder if it looks like I'm struggling .
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options
    Taking selfies in the gym!!