The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Martyina90 wrote: »
    Hi you all :smile:

Yesterday I´ve finished level 1 of the 30 days shred!It was not easy but definitely doable-apart from push ups :smiley:

Before starting I was 59,5 kg-goal is 51-52 kg.
    In level one I´ve lost one kg, -3 cm at waist, -2 cm bum, -2 cm belly, -0,5 cm legs.
    I cannot say I already look different, but I definitely feel better and super motivated!Today I´m starting level 2 ..I´ve seen the videos...it seems really difficult!!Finger crossed!!

Martina :)

How often are you taking rest days? I'm curious because i couldn't go more than 4 days without one but every time I take a rest day it turns into a rest month, it's so frustrating! I am the kind of person that if I don't do it every day then I lose motivation. I have done level 1 a total of 7 days but over a period of two months because my motivation ebb and flows. Hoping to learn some tips to prevent this!
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 today. After completing level one (2rest days) I had lost no weight but a total of 2 inches from all my measurements. I can see/feel some change even if not in scales or in measurements much yet.
  • dillmockingbird
    dillmockingbird Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Can someone please help me?

I am on day 3 of Level 3 and I observed my abdominal muscles are not as defined as they were when I was half-way of level 2.

I also observed that I gained weighed (according to the weighing scale).

I do not understand this since I am more tired doing Level 3 than Levels 1 and 2 :(

Am I doing something wrong?

[EDIT: I apologize my wi-fi connection is so flimsy so this question was posted twice XD ]
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Is anybody doing the Shred? I'm starting from May 1st. Anyone care to join?
  • dillmockingbird
    Options
    I gained a couple of pounds at the beginning of each level too. It all comes off in the end. This is by far my favorite workout

OH GOD. I am not alone!!! How are you faring so far? Have you "lost" the weight you "gained"?
  • dillmockingbird
    Options
    zoec123 wrote: »
    Are you supposed to this DVD every day, or do you have any rest days? The photo's on here are encouraging me to dig my DVD back out!

Jillian recommends 5 to 6 consecutive days a week with rest days.

Personally, I just take 1 rest day because if I take 2 consecutive rest days, the next time I work out again will be super horrible, like I am going back to square 1. :(
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    About to finish in 4 days. Had to take a few days off cause my ankle was bothering me so I may do a few extra days. Then I'm gonna do ripped in 30. Anyone else?
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 twice back to back in January and February and loved it!
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I did all the levels on the 30 day shred last year... It did make me feel a hell of a lot fitter however because I wasn't eating properly, I didn't have the nice body to go a long with it but now I have lost lots of weight and I am now on my 3rd day of the 30 day shred. I will post a before and after once I have completed.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Gyro319 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me about the 30 day shred...I am going away on vacation next month and would really like to lose some inches as well as 15-25 pounds!

They're available on youtube
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 15lbs total. Definitely lost more inches than weight. Going to start another round on the 1st
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi , guys! I bought this DVD awhile ago, did the first level only. Now that I'm trying to get back into fitness, I'm excited to try it out again! But question: I don't have access to weights, even small ones. There aren't really a lot of fitness stores where I live, and those that exist are prohibitively expensive. Any recommendations for what I could use instead? Maybe cans or water bottles?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi , guys! I bought this DVD awhile ago, did the first level only. Now that I'm trying to get back into fitness, I'm excited to try it out again! But question: I don't have access to weights, even small ones. There aren't really a lot of fitness stores where I live, and those that exist are prohibitively expensive. Any recommendations for what I could use instead? Maybe cans or water bottles?

I Got mine at Walmart for a few dollars a piece, any similar store will have them. Also most department stores have them too for super cheap. I've seen them at second had stores many times too.

You could probably use plastic milk jugs filled with water, I tried cans... they do not weigh enough at all!
  • Sillybee727
    Options
    About to finish in 4 days. Had to take a few days off cause my ankle was bothering me so I may do a few extra days. Then I'm gonna do ripped in 30. Anyone else?

I was thinking about trying either Ripped in 30 or Six Week Six Pack next. Anyone done both and can compare?
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did both Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack. I lost more inches with Ripped in 30 and felt it was better with full body toning. 6 Week 6 Pack will stil engage the whole body but I didn't feel it did so to anywhere near the same extent.
  • Sillybee727
    Options
    I did both Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack. I lost more inches with Ripped in 30 and felt it was better with full body toning. 6 Week 6 Pack will stil engage the whole body but I didn't feel it did so to anywhere near the same extent.

Thanks! Did Ripped in 30 feel harder than 30 Day Shred, or just different?
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes what's the difference between Ripped in 30/ 30 day shred
  • dillmockingbird
    Options
    I reached day 4 of level 3 but have to take 2 weeks break because my doctor had prohibited "strenuous activities" after my minor surgery.

When I get back to the work-out, do I return to Level 3 or do I go back to Level 1?

Can you guys recommend non-strenuous exercise I can do in the meantime? Stopping right now is kinda making me sad :(
  • noe2018
    noe2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is anybody doing the Shred? I'm starting from May 1st. Anyone care to join?

just finished day 2. let's keep each other accountable
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 Day 6 tonight of 30DS. I feel so much better and stronger already. I'm no longer sore, it took until after day3.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!