40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    49 here and lost 112 lbs last year: have been at goal since November 2016. I eat clean and exercise at least 5 days a week. My goals are to increase my muscle gains and to run longer distances: hard to do since I usually run with my doggies and one of them is a puggle...sigh. I know that after losing weight you continue to change your body composition so keeping my eating and exercise on point.... I wanted fit and not skinny.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Total Synergistics"=Done!

"P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!

"Dynamix" was supposed to be yesterday. i hit start and got called and had to go out. workout didn't happen. i DID do some weight training and a bit of TRX at the gym though.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    Going to have a great week!

Started with a lengthy lifting session....DOMs swelling me up right now. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Agility X"=Done!
  • Tarak15
    Tarak15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am 44 (going to be turning 45 in July) and I have about 60 pounds to lose. I hit the gym about 5-6 days a week (mostly at 4am). I have 2 active kids and I am ready to shed this weight. The working out is going great but I have not been seeing much weight loss. Trying not to get discouraged.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Rest day. Want to keep calories low. Tomorrow I weigh-in and I want to meet my commitment to lose 0.5 lb/week this month. :)

You can do it beeps
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids. Still trying to find a new gym home is no easy feat. In the meantime, I am still on track with my exercise, but my eating is iffy. Have to regain my mental focus. On my way to inferno. Have a great day kids.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Gam3rguy, I am looking for a trainer, can I persuade you somehow? (lol)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    Hi caramel!!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    12km row done. A bit faster than usual: 1:01.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    pmcco wrote: »
    49 here and lost 112 lbs last year: have been at goal since November 2016. I eat clean and exercise at least 5 days a week. My goals are to increase my muscle gains and to run longer distances: hard to do since I usually run with my doggies and one of them is a puggle...sigh. I know that after losing weight you continue to change your body composition so keeping my eating and exercise on point.... I wanted fit and not skinny.

Way to go and a BIG CONGRATS!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 X3 Yoga"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Gam3rguy, I am looking for a trainer, can I persuade you somehow? (lol)
    a guy I work with said the same thing. when he comes to the gym with me he ends up pale, on all fours...gasping "ihateyouihateyouihateyou". LOL! :p

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids. Got my strength workout in yesterday, Have been good about getting it in 2-3x week. Yesterday we did an upper body combo. It was followed by a nice 6+km walk. It was a balmy 19C yesterday. Woke up to freezing rain this morning. :( My car was covered in ice. If it wasn't so depressing, it actually looked rather cool. lol.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Strength work today. Pull-ups (even assisted ones) make me feel like a bad*kitten*.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey kids, full body lifting done. Hi Beeps, I am lifting heavy things. Sdereski, I hope the weather gets better. Gam3rguy, I tell my trainer now how much I hate her...lol. Have a great day ahead kids.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    TmacMMM, great job on the pull-ups. I aspire to do 10 in a row without stopping. In the meantime, I am cheering all of you who can or have attempted. Too much adrenaline caused me to go back for round two tonight. I am EXHAUSTED. Good night kids.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    It was a balmy 19C yesterday.

"Sydney weather: cold front brings shivers" That's an actual headline from today's paper, its 19°c today. :smiley:

Wore extra clothing for my walk to the Gym.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 The Challenge"=Done! 15/27!