MrStabbems wrote: »
    Eng Meth Home Therapist? Old > Young

Oldest to youngest
    Therapist
    Junkie
    Mom
    Engineer

With spankings

2 out of 4, not bad! I'd just have to say, nurture only goes so far, unfortunately.

How is that 2 out of 4? It looks like 3 out of 4 to me.

I though he had the oldest and youngest reversed. Maybe I'm reading it backward or something *shrug*
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    It looked like you were saying 2 out of 4 turned out okay. But maybe I'm misinterpreting what you wrote?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    It looked like you were saying 2 out of 4 turned out okay. But maybe I'm misinterpreting what you wrote?

Oh no, I was saying Stabbems ordered 2 of the 4 correctly. Not dissing on SAHMoms! :laugh:
  • yayamom3
    Options
    Ahh, now I see. Thanks for clearing that up @abitoftrouble.
  • yayamom3
    Options

pinuplove wrote: »
    yayamom3 wrote: »

Oh no, I was saying Stabbems ordered 2 of the 4 correctly. Not dissing on SAHMoms! :laugh:

Whew! Lol
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I love how this has now become a pissing match of whose kid is better than whose thanks to their own parenting style.
    I am one of four siblings. One is an engineer, one is a respiratory therapist, one is a stay at home mom and one is a meth addict. Did we get spanked or didn't we?

Doesn't matter a bit how they turned out. There is personal choice, even for children.
    The point is that spanking is not a lesson that should be taught to children. EVER.
    There are other ways of discipline, and resolving issues. Consistency and united enforcement of the discipline from the adults that are actually raising the child are key. Children will always push boundaries. It is up to us to provide consistency and to show the child the consequences will be enforced. ALWAYS.

But my point is this, your opinion has no place in my home or anyone else's.

True, it does not. And creating fear and resentment in those you should love most dearly is a good thing? Not in my world.

"This hurts me more than it hurts you"

Why would you want to even have the remote possibility of creating fear and resentment in your child, when you can set an example without physical violence. Bizarre behavior for an adult.
  • WorshipHK
    WorshipHK Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here's your solution:
    n2r3o8m4z3a3.jpg

Make sure you put the key somewhere he can't get to. I would suggest on your person if at all possible.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    Options
    I love how this has now become a pissing match of whose kid is better than whose thanks to their own parenting style.
    I am one of four siblings. One is an engineer, one is a respiratory therapist, one is a stay at home mom and one is a meth addict. Did we get spanked or didn't we?

Doesn't matter a bit how they turned out. There is personal choice, even for children.
    The point is that spanking is not a lesson that should be taught to children. EVER.
    There are other ways of discipline, and resolving issues. Consistency and united enforcement of the discipline from the adults that are actually raising the child are key. Children will always push boundaries. It is up to us to provide consistency and to show the child the consequences will be enforced. ALWAYS.

True, it does not. And creating fear and resentment in those you should love most dearly is a good thing. Not in my world.

Why would you want to even have the remote possibility of creating fear and resentment in your child, when you can set an example without physical violence.

I cannot answer that question. I am not advocating for either side of the argument here. Simply stating that you can't apply a blanket statement to parenting and families.

Why not? If you are not advocating for either side, tell me, when is it ok to spank your child.
    I am saying it is never ok to teach hitting is ok.
    Do you even have children?
  • 3rdof7sisters
    Options

True, it does not. And creating fear and resentment in those you should love most dearly is a good thing. Not in my world.

Why would you want to even have the remote possibility of creating fear and resentment in your child, when you can set an example without physical violence.

I cannot answer that question. I am not advocating for either side of the argument here. Simply stating that you can't apply a blanket statement to parenting and families.

Why not? If you are not advocating for either side, tell me, when is it ok to spank your child.
    I am saying it is never ok to teach hitting is ok.
    Do you even have children?

I'm the stay at home mom. I am saying your blanket statements apply to YOUR family.

and still you refuse to answer the question when is it ok to spank your child.

Look the other way and pay no attention to what is going on in someone else's home.

Why do you think Doctors are required by law to report cases that they expect of child abuse. It isn't because of your MYOB philosophy.

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    WorshipHK wrote: »
    Here's your solution:
    n2r3o8m4z3a3.jpg

Make sure you put the key somewhere he can't get to. I would suggest on your person if at all possible.

All of the random beads and crap in that photo make me twitchy. I just want to reach for my vacuum!
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Put passwords on all devices that only you and your hubby know...Boom, there ya go!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This discussion is closed.

If you'd like to discuss approaches to parenting styles and discipline please start a group.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
This discussion has been closed.