Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sat
    - Log everything - no
    - Go for a walk - no
    - Be within limit or 200 over at the most. -?!?

Feck, ate everything in sight!!

Goals for Sun
    - Log everything
    - Be within limit or over by 200

April Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

• michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes to all!

Jft 4/29
    -Make healthy food choices
    -Drink a lot of water
    -Complete 1 item on to-do list
    -Try to do 15 min of cardio. If not, must be done for 20 min Sun

I didn't do the cardio. I'll have to work it into Sunday's schedule.

Jft 4/30

-20 min cardio
    -Plan 1 or 2 healthy meals for this week
    -Begin filing papers in office
  • sugarsmurf
    sugarsmurf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On my goals just for Thursday 27 April:
    1. Complete two walking workouts of at least 20 minutes each (I already completed 1 this morning). :smiley:
    2. Keep my carbs to below 30g and my protein below 70g (I'm follow a low carb/med protein/good fats way of eating). :smile:
    3. Complete my three main back stability exercises. :smiley:
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water for the day. :smiley:
    5. Take all my supplements. :smiley:

My goals just for today, Sunday 30 April:
    1. Complete two walking workouts of at least 20 minutes each.
    2. Keep my carbs to below 35g and my protein below 80g. I have been struggling badly with debilitating low carb flu so I'm upping my carbs and proteins to see what that does to my energy levels. A mom's gotta function!
    3. Complete my three main back stability exercises.
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water for the day.
    5. Take all my supplements.
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I missed getting on here yesterday! I have to go back through the messages and catch up on all the activity. I did meet most of my goals for Friday and Saturday.

Sunday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300.
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g.
    3. Drink lots of water!
    4. Meet step goal.
    5. Finish baby blanket.

I am keeping things pretty simple today. My biggest focus is on getting my steps in. So far, I have met my step goal for the last 10 days in a row. If I can keep it up, I will increase by 1000 steps starting on Wednesday (my normal weigh-in day). Hubby and I are going on a walk, it's a beautiful day today in southern Germany.

Have a wonderful day!
    Diana
  • dph118
    Options
    @asclepsia Thanks for the encouragement! The diet and exercise are definitely helping me get control of my blood sugar. It wasn't that long ago that I was having some really scary high numbers, so I am very happy to see my numbers come down to a more reasonable level. :wink:

You also reminded me that I need to go through my refrigerator and give it a thorough cleaning! I will definitely need to put this on my list for tomorrow. Today, I just want to spend some quality time with my husband.
  • dph118
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    THursday, April 27
    Not the best day yesterday. THis month, I am going to try and figure out WHY I eat too much in the evenings - so much that I can almost make myself sick. Yes, binging (hard word to say).

I know I get walked on. I know I get taken advantage of because to keep peace, I always just stay quiet. My DIL wants me to fly to Connecticut with their family to help watch the boys (hubby is there on business). At first I thought it would be so much fun, but it is turning into a nightmare. Long flights with plane changes just to get there, then, my DIL booked 2 hotel rooms - each with just a king size bed and a sofa bed. I was wondering HOW and where I would be sleeping. Well, the 2 boys (ages 11 and 8), would be in the King bed in my room with me, and I am on the sofa bed. I am 66 years old - those sofa beds are not comfortable for 4 nites!! She and my son would have their own room. I was so upset, yet, I did not say anything. So what do I do -- but eat. Last nite, into the walnuts, ice cream , protein bars, anything I could find.

Also, a friend I walk with has been upsetting me - again - I am feeling taken advantage of. I don't tell her what is bothering me, but when I get home, I grabbed more walnuts.

This morning I figured I could either say something (and have DIL and son upset with me), or make the most of it, have fun, and call it quality time with my grandsons. Think of it as a nice time for my DIL and hubby to have time alone. Have fun with the boys. My back will survive, and I can rest when I get home. So I have a choice --- be upset, or count the blessing and stay positive. I am not leaving until June. If I continue to let this eat at me, it does no one any good.

So this is my hop, that I can come on here, analyze WHY I binge, and hopefully stop this!

Thank you all for listening -- any input and suggestions is so appreciated.

Hi Joan,
    Sorry to take so long to respond to your message. Now, I am really mad at myself for not getting on here yesterday!

I really agree with the feedback you received from @OConnell5483 and @cschmitz110515. In this situation, I think you should let your son and DIL know that the sleeping arrangements are really difficult for you. You should have them set up a room with 2 queens instead. It is just wrong for them to expect you to sleep on a sofa bed! I also believe that you are letting your son and his wife enjoy some alone time, which is nice, but you don't have to be a martyr in order for that to happen. If they find appropriate accommodations for you, you still give them their alone time and you still get to spend quality time with your grandsons.

Plus, if you are not upset, you will have a much more enjoyable time with your grandsons. Kids are pretty intuitive. They probably already sense that something is wrong even if you are trying to put up a positive front.

As far as why you may be binging, I think you already answered that yourself. It seems pretty clear that this occurs when you are upset. I have found it very helpful to drink water before each meal. We are made up mostly of water and often times the "hunger" signal is not that we are actually hungry, but that we are really dehydrated. The water helps to fill you up so that you don't eat as much during the day.

I hope this was helpful. Thanks for sharing your experience. I think it helps us all to know that we have been in your shoes at one time or another. I don't think your DIL is being overtly insensitive, it just probably never even occurred to her that this would be an issue. Keep your chin up! We are cheering for you!
  • jenninthesun
    jenninthesun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
    Just for today- Sunday April 30:

1. Log all food
    2. Go for a long walk that involves a big hill
    3. Do a yoga/stretching video as I am quite stiff
  • dph118
    Options
    Well, my day has been quite productive. We took a lovely walk over to the next town this morning, so I have killed my step goal today. :smiley:

I also finished my baby blanket! @Bex953172 included photo for you
    l41qshdfjkie.jpg
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all!
    1. Stay as close to green as possible I was under my calories, but way over on my sugar do that's something to look into.
    2. Take a walk(Done. Did my normal route of 4.33 miles) Walked about five miles yesterday, gonna try and do that again
    3. Read my Bible Didn't do this but I'll catch up on that today
    4. Spend time with the HubbyDid this. Watched some sports and cuddled on the couch
    5. Go to bed before 11pm And I'm pretty sure I turned the light out about 10:30 or at least close to it.

So into today's goals!

Just for today, I pledge to:

1. Stay within my green numbers
    2. Record EVERYTHING
    3. Do my normal circuit walk
    4. Read my Bible
    5. Make sure the clothes are folded and put away before bed.

I think that's good for today!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »
    Well, my day has been quite productive. We took a lovely walk over to the next town this morning, so I have killed my step goal today. :smiley:

l41qshdfjkie.jpg

That's amazing!!!
    I feel inspired to crochet something!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options

l41qshdfjkie.jpg

This is beautiful!!! I love crocheted items. Something I never learned to do. Makes me want to get downstairs and work on a quilt though! ;)

Again, wish I were taking a walk on a beautiful afternoon in Germany today! Haha! Here I sit at my diningroom table WORKING, looking at rain and drizzle in Green Bay, Wisconsin. But at least it isn't snow, right? And at least I'm doing it in sweatpants and not at the office! :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Sat
    - Log everything - no
    - Go for a walk - no

Being the mom of little ones takes a LOT out of a person and can be exhausting. Try not to be so hard on yourself, and just focus on trying to do even one little thing for yourself more than yesterday. Whether it's one less cookie, or one extra cup of decaf tea or water. We all have non-scale victories too and those count just as much, if not more than what we journal. ((hug)) ;)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT, Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green & hydrate :D
    2. Grocery shop smart. Organic berries, healthy greens, heart healthy nuts... :DBought a lot of crap too for the granddaughter but am trying to stay away from it. Talk about sabotaging myself!
    3. Listen to today's podcasts :D Listened to quite a few very interesting podcasts about self-care.
    4. 30 minutes activity, even if it is 10 minutes at a time. Get 'er done! :(
    5. Try a new recipe today and don't tell the family it is a "healthy" version. See if they notice. :DDid this but they didn't notice because they didn't eat any of it. They grilled burgers instead.
    6. Slow down. Enjoy, be grateful and be in the present. :)I did really try to do this
    7. Do at least one self-care item today...a nice bubble bath, read a magazine, or buy myself flowers--something... :)
    8. Rent a couple of movies from the Red Box for movie night with hubby. Be present. :D
    9. Unplug. Stay off social media sites (except MFP and Pinterest! LOL). Don't need the negativity. :Dyup!

Just for Today / Sunday:
    1. Stay in the green and and hydrate
    2. De-clutter the desk in our back bedroom/office
    3. Prep food for the week for lunches
    4. Bake my husband some pumpkin bread since he's been asking for it for two weeks
    5. De-clutter my closet of clothes I no longer wear. Only keep what I love and box up the rest to donate.
    6. Walk on treadmill in basement or try the Leslie Samsone DVD.
    7. Laundry.
    8. Unplug and rest after dinner. Bed early.

Just for this week:
    1. List out stressors and what can be changed to help. Be realistic because I'm probably not going to suddenly win millions of dollars.
    2. Unpack a bin or box in the basement of stored clothing. Be realistic and throw what I do not wear. Declutter.
    3. Try to go to the gym twice this week.

Word of 2017: Serenity. To achieve a place of serenity, this year I need to focus on accepting what I cannot change and changing what I realistically can.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Sat
    - Log everything - no
    - Go for a walk - no

Being the mom of little ones takes a LOT out of a person and can be exhausting. Try not to be so hard on yourself, and just focus on trying to do even one little thing for yourself more than yesterday. Whether it's one less cookie, or one extra cup of decaf tea or water. We all have non-scale victories too and those count just as much, if not more than what we journal. ((hug)) ;)

Haha I blame my girls
    They STILL have Easter eggs left
    Ones 3 and ones 10months
    So obviously I limit what they have... by eating it myself
    I'm a terrible person :sweat_smile:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Thank you @OConnell5483 and @cschmitz110515 and @dph118 for your encouragment,advice regarding my DIL. I am going to wait until I hear what the airline arrangements are, and then plan to ask more about the sleeping arrangements.

@dph118, I LOVE the baby blanket!!!! I do a lot of sewing and quilting, but would love to learn how to knit or crochet. Your baby blanket is beautiful!!

@Bex953172 , when you have little ones, especially the ages your ours, just getting on here and being aware of what you are eating it a success! I remember the days with little ones - it is hard to just find a minute for yourself. You are doing a great job, and like @OConnell5483 said, you have to look at all those small victories you are having every day!

I also realized I had not gotten on here at all yesterday or today. We have been super busy ripping out carpet in a room that is roughly 25 ft x 20 ft, and loaded with stuff! So we have had to move things just to rip out carpet. And the dust and dirt are getting to me! Its been a rainy dreary weekend, so a good time to do this, but boy, my arms hurt so bad from cutting that stuff. We run a business out of our home, so the room is crammed full of stuff and always hard to clean. So we are going to just put down stick-down vinyl tiles and a throw rug, and hopefully that will be easier to clean.

So in the midst of doing all that - my eating and exercise has been terrible. Too tired to cook so its been frozen pizzas. And too tired to do any planned exercise.

Tomorrow is May 1st, and I know my April goals were not meant at all, but probably gone backwards. But .... a new month. ... a new day!

I hope you all had a great weekend (and hopefully none of you had that snow!). We got over 6 inches of rain just this weekend, but thankfully, no bad storms or anything.
  • mytime6630
    Options

l41qshdfjkie.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Today for me is about being present and being aware. Aware of the small things that I miss because I'm always in a hurry or stressed, aware of what I'm eating by taking the time to really taste, smell and enjoy each bite, aware of people around me by really listening to them, not just hearing. I am going to get healthy. That is my end goal. Of course, wearing cute summer clothes would be an added plus, but the ultimate reason for this journey for me is that I want to feel healthy again. We have 17 grandkids and 3 great-grands, and I want to be around to enjoy them as long as I can. That is what I need to remember... Thanks for letting me get that out there in writing. :blush:

Great goals you have ,and my 17 grandkids and 3 great-grands!! How lucky are you!! They alone are reasons to stay healthy.
    I am the same way. As much as I would love to wear pretty clothes and look nice, my main goal is for health reasons. I don't want to turn 67 and feel old. I want to have the energy to do things. I see too many women that are my age, and to me, they walk and just seem to be old. I am trying to stand straight as much as I can, continue to walk and exercise, so I can hang onto what I have. But I also know getting rid of 30 lbs will make a big difference. I, like you, am trying to figure out what makes me overeat - its usually stress or something that upset me. I have to learn better ways to deal with those things.
  • Priscy3456
    Priscy3456 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    Note everything I ate
    I didn't exercise but my Sundays are normally hectic with laundry and all the house work.
    I stayed under my calorie intake goal
    One day at a time is a real good idea
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    4/29
    My husband and I spent the morning removing what was left of 5 year old orange mulch in several gardens around my house and replaced it with new brown mulch. I made my step goal before 10am.

4/30
    Recovering from yesterday's garden work. Don't know how I managed to get a bruise on my right hand.

April goals were:
    Walk average of 6000 steps 6/7 days a week. (Averaged 4/7 days a week)
    Exercise 3/5 days a week. (Averaged only 1-2 days a week)
    Drink 32 ounces of water a day (I just don't like drinking that water )
    Track food and stay under calorie goal (not enough to lose wait this month)
    Lose one pound. (Sadly I gained a pound)
    April did not go as planned. With my health issues and my mother in laws broken shoulder bone I just didn't make April goals my priority. May is a new month! I am ready to rock this month!

May goals:
    Get serous about losing a pound or two!
    Burn more calories than I consume.
    Exercise 3 days a week
    7000 steps 6/7 days a week
    Drink 32 ounces of water a day
    Take my vitamins daily
    Read and study
    Keep up with journal

May 1
    Burn more calories than I consume.
    Exercise 20 minutes