WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone-

I am hanging in there. Did an hour of deep water aerobics which helped my mood tremendously. Saw my counselor. It was good to see her again but I'm left a little numb and "blue". I know she will help me sort all this out but right now I am feeling like an idiot!

Beth - Hope you make it down to get that boy! Wave when you drive by.

Vicki - I was gone more than a year and just picked up where I left off. Welcome back.

Heather - so sorry about the arm. Have you seen a doc about it? Could it be a rotator cuff issue?

Kim and Rori have fun!

Joyce - your quilts and the new windows look great! I used to cross stitch and have a quilt I did. Don't use it, though because I seem to tie it to my first marriage which is not a good thing. Maybe I can look at it differently.

Welcome to the new ladies. This is a great place!

Toni in Tennessee (going to work tonight for a change)
  • itmeansflower
    itmeansflower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm new to this thread but have been on mfp for 2 years (on and off). Thanks, Becca for telling me about this thread! I'm just getting started yet again & I really (!) need support. My husband talks a good game about eating healthier and going for walks, then he follows that up with how he wants to go out for Mexican tomorrow (to avoid the crowds on Cinque de Maio) and then he falls asleep in his chair. (see my rolling eyes)

I've been adding walking a bit the last month but am ready to start doing it daily. Anyone have any good suggestions for walking shoes that do NOT LACE UP?
    I got a couple of slip-on Skechers but wasn't happy with the fit and am sending them back.

I have a wedding I'll be a part of July 1st, and already have a dress that fits well, but I'd really like to get 10lbs off by then (or more) just so I'm happier with how I look. All those photos, you know?
    I could use some advice here too - I lost 20lbs in 2015 & it stayed off for about a year, but then MENOPAUSE set in. The weight loss ended and suddenly my waist was/is 3" bigger than its ever been, and my energy is zippo.
    And I have a LOT more than just 10lbs to lose, fyi.
    I guess more activity will help with the energy, but I'm open to any feedback or advice!

Thanks in advance, I hope you're all enjoying the spring! :smile:
    Claudia in Seattle
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Arborist was here today and finished taking out two evergreens near the gazebo and trimming out the apple tree. The people who owned the property before us just let everything go for eight years so a lot of it got out of hand. We will not have as many apples this year again but they should be better quality. The tree is a really old Gravenstein that was part of the original orchards in this area. The apples are pretty tart but good for cooking.

Got my mammogram done this morning. Now just have to wait for results. I am doing well on eating although I need to up my fiber some more. Doing lots of walking today.

Penny - DD and her best friend leave for Sweden and Norway on Saturday. They have a friend who is living in Norway that they will visit. They are not coming as far north as you are though. They always try to go horseback riding on native horses whenever they travel but have had a hard time finding a place to ride Norwegian Fiord horses. Most places that rent horses seem to have Icelandic horses.

Kim and Rori - I know you will have a great time. Pics please.

Lisa - Sounds like a great job for you. Congratulations.

Joyce - the house is looking good.

Vicki - Good to see you back.

Heather - Hope your arm gets better soon.

Katla - Sorry you are missing your yoga sessions.

Sending healing angels to those who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Lisa - forgot to say congrats!!! You'll do a great job!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Claudia in SeattleIts YOU!!! You have found us!!! *rushes and hugs ya!* You will love us, and just a collective bunch of fine ladies! Thanks for a nice phone call too, we talked and its like we have always been friends! I have to admit that I don't get out as much as I should, so I think I talked your ear off!!

Oh a wedding in July! Such fun! My sister is getting married July 10th, but my son graduates from high school on July 9th so that answers that!

When the weather gets nicer my husband and I shall start walking.

Oopsy...official introduction everyone......Claudia...
    Claudia.........everyone!!!!!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,782 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    Lisa~ so Happy that our little group is so tight knit and Rori was able to help congrats congrats...
    Long day at work.. gonna go to sleep soon.. getting miss munchkin on the bus in the morning...
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Gloria - love your new pupsters! They are lucky little dogs! Hope Darwin works out great and you get called for an interview soon.

Becca - way to go on the shopping! Individual lasagna's sound great actually. Glad you found some high-fiber foods for DS. Oatmeal is another good one for fiber - when I make it I add a cut up half a banana - doesn't need sugar, just a trickle of milk. My DH doesn't like oatmeal so more for me!

Karen in VA - great idea about using chicken sausage for the scotch eggs. There's a good brand out here - Isernio's that I might check out. Don't you miss the home-made sausage? When I was a kid in Indiana my dad would take a hog to the Amish butcher. It was real food - miss it!

Kelly - you have a wonderful way of dealing with the kidlets. They are lucky children to be spending time with you!! o:)

Marcelyn - adorable photo's of Killian, thanks for sharing. <3

Claudia in Seattle - isn't it nice spring has finally arrived? I have a friend who has slip-on Merrell shoes that she likes for walking - they have quite a tread on the bottom. I tried some one and they weren't soft enough for me but it's a thought. I have a pair of slip-on Skechers that were too "sloppy" for walking so I mainly use them for house-shoes.

Heather - are you sure you didn't crack something in that arm? Maybe it's a bad sprain? So sorry it's still hurting! Veg curry sounds yummy. I went shopping today and found my favorite curry sauerkraut back in stock. Just hot enough and full of probiotics. B)

Leigh - isn't it nice to have your jeans "falling off" - I recall I wore a lot of loose tops over cinched up waists when my jeans got too big.

Kim - try to get a picture of you and Rori! Have a wonderful time! And that's super about your daughter - she knows how to buckle down and get the grades! Impressive ;)

Sarah - kudo's on the 4 minute plank, super busy girl! Oh that rain... is it a rainier than normal spring for you? Presenting your proposal at a conference in KC sounds like a neat opportunity. B)

Joyce, love the windows and the quilt...you are so talented! Look at your nice green lawn! It's a constant battle out here with moss, crane flies, you name it. I remember the Indiana lawns seemed to always grow so nice and not need much upkeep other than mowing.

Toni
    - deep water aerobics sounds like a wonderful way to get good exercise for body and mind!

Beth - well crap, sorry to hear about the car. Lots of stress there.... it will work out. Did your knee get OK?

Welcome newbies and returnees! This is the place to be!!

It's a drizzly afternoon.... ran out a while ago and broadcast mini clover seed in the lawn before the real heavy rain started. So happy clover and yarrow and grass is growing on the spots that were so bare last year after the drought and crane fly damage. DH will be busy on the mower - if we had better fencing I'd put a few sheep out there just like the old days on the farm, lol.

Have a wonderful evening ladies!!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    NYKAREN I have to say...if there was a really delicious-looking salad w/roasted Brussels sprouts among the food in the break room at work, I might have a hard time resisting it. So it sounds like you brought yummier food than was being offered there, anyway. Well done!

Dana We have blue herons that live near us that sound like pterodactyls.

Oh Beth So sorry for your grey day. I hope all your transportation woes are resolved quickly and inexpensively. (((Hugs))) and LOL about your potluck dinners. It's amazing that the men at your church can urinate without touching their genitals and can enter and exit the restroom without touching the door handle...what a talented group!!!

Kelly Giggling about your coercive 4 year old. Little did he know he was up against Dirty Harry!

Vicki Grand Island I was just thinking about you a few days ago. I am glad you are back! We've got your back.

Kim in Northern California That client sounds like he has anxiety disorder & OCD...that behavior is way over the top... Congrats to your god-daughter on her accomplishments!

Marcelyn Those are beautiful photos of little Killian. Made my heart go pitter patter.

Heather I do hope that arm heals soon...I hope you didn't suffer more of an injury than you thought...

Sarah in Ontario Holy Crap! A 4 minute plank? You are my hero...

Joyce Love the quilts! So pretty.

Claudia in Seattle Ryka - Revive, Deliberate, or Influence. Excellent shoes.

Kim & Rori So glad you get to spend some time together! Have fun!

My partner is on the way to see Olivia in California! She will be there for a week. We are having beautiful weather in Virginia today. I have the day off, so I am keeping my dogs company and puttering about doing little chores. My dogs are bereft without my partner, as she works from home so is always here. Two of them are particularly unhappy and refused to eat dinner in protest.

I am doing pretty well on Mary's Keto Challenge. Keeping carbs low. Some days I am going over in calories, but most days my macros and calories are spot on. I waited a week to weigh because I just didn't want to count the water loss whoosh as part of my total weight loss. So I won't know until Sunday when I weigh in again how I am doing. Clothes feel slightly looser. Teetering on the edge of muscle cramps so I am going to up my intake of sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Hoping this Challenge gets me jump started. I've been stalled out and procrastinating, and need to get past it.

Karen in Virginia

p.s. Gloria Awwwww! Cindy and Willow are adorable!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,668 Member
    Options
    Mppp
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Chris I want that.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Anya - welcome. What a pretty name! You have some wonderful goals set.

went to the landfill and took batteries, the filing cabinet (the one that I've been after him for 10 years to get to). Went and laid out by the pool while Vince went to get his oil changed. I hope he remembered to get his milk (he did !)

Beth - you'll weather this, I know that. Be sure to wave if you're going thru NC

KJ - thanks for sharing about that boy. Boy, do I remember the days of kids!

Vicki - welcome back!!!

Becca - you are so resourceful!

Jane - welcome! Sometimes I think MFP is addictive. Can you do exercise in the water?

Marcelyn - Killian is so adorable

Joyce - beautiful windows and gorgeous quilt. I love things handmade, to me they are made with love. Trust me, your landscaping is better than mine. My mother made a quilt like (crosstitched squares) that when she was sick. You could see in the stitches how she was getting sicker and sicker. In one part the stitches are real nice, then they get a bit sloppy. After she died, her sister took the pieces and put them together and quilted it.

Put my butterfly up on the pergola. At the end of the summer, I'll take a pic of the pergola before we take things down. Vince will probably finish the lighthouse tomorrow. I'm hoping to finish my ant and then start on the firefly. That's something more that'll go on the pergola. I would think I'd be able to get it done this summer.

Kim - congrats to your goddaughter

Claudia - I hate to say it, but menopause is a b****. When I started going thru it, suddenly I had these rolls that I'd never had before. Used to be that around the holidays I gain a bit, but I'd get it off in 2 months max. Not any more. More like 4 months now. And thank YOU, Becca, for bringing her here.

Sue in WA - good for you getting your mammo. I get mine at the end of the summer

Michele in NC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! Vicki- welcome back! Sending lots of hugs your way! Glad to see you! Marcelyn- Killian is gorgeous! Boy, what a big guy! DD and I were just celebrating Joaquin making it to 10 pounds at six weeks! Killian is number 13, for you? I bet that new baby skin and smell just never gets old.