Say goodbye to sugar

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    OP. Join the low carber daily MFP group. That is where most keto'ers hang out. Discussing why LCHF or ketosis may be a good thing does not often go over well on the main boards. Most keto'ers avoid it for that reason. The LCD group has quite a few keto'ers - they'll get what you are saying.

But she wants to get rid of the fat in her diet too.

I thought she corrected that to healthy fats. Such as avoiding transfats. If not, my mistake
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    OP. Join the low carber daily MFP group. That is where most keto'ers hang out. Discussing why LCHF or ketosis may be a good thing does not often go over well on the main boards. Most keto'ers avoid it for that reason. The LCD group has quite a few keto'ers - they'll get what you are saying.

OP is not keto. She is encouraging everyone to drop sugar and fat, as they cause weight gain.

My mistake then. I thought she was discussing keto back on page 2. I (wrongly) assumed she was LCHF or keto because she had some knowledge of the diets.

And I thought the focus was healthy fats... Just an over exaggeration early on that the thread hasn't recovered from.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    How does every zero sugar thread turn into a keto thread? This has perplexed me for months. Even keto isn't usually zero sugar and it's certainly not zero fat as the OP is trying to go.

Keto is not zero carb but some aim for that. Some get close to or hit zero carbs with regularity.

And I really don't think saying the word "keto" turns it into a keto thread. If so, it tuned keto early on page 2.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

OP is not keto. She is encouraging everyone to drop sugar and fat, as they cause weight gain.

My mistake then. I thought she was discussing keto back on page 2. I (wrongly) assumed she was LCHF or keto because she had some knowledge of the diets.

And I thought the focus was healthy fats... Just an over exaggeration early on that the thread hasn't recovered from.

That wasn't OP. :smile:
  • ItsAllMental819
    ItsAllMental819 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OP, the ONLY rule to weight loss is to eat fewer calories than your body uses in a day. It doesn't matter (for weight loss) whether those calories are sugar, fats, carbs (which sugar is), or protein. It doesn't matter what time of day you eat those calories. It doesn't matter if you eat them all in one sitting, or in six different small meals per day.

ALL THAT MATTERS FOR WEIGHT LOSS IS EATING FEWER CALORIES PER DAY THAN YOUR BODY USES.

Good luck.

Believe what you want, we all have our own opinions & yes the key to losing weight is caloric deficiency but how you do it matters. If you eat all your calories at 8am your metabolism slows. If you eat all simple sugars you'll burn them, be hungry and probably become a type 2 diabetic... There are different types of carbs (complex carbs) too, not just sugar.

Now if your trying to lose fat and not muscle you need to eat enough protein so your not losing both or just muscle.

Nothing wrong with cutting sugars and it is healthy... I always keep them under 45g daily & under 20g when cutting. Fat on the other hand I don't regulate but don't go out of control - just eat a lot of eggs and steak so it comes with the territory.

Imo macros DEFINITELY matter if you wanna be healthy and not just lose weight as the OP stated but to each there own... Good luck to you in your journey.
  • ItsAllMental819
    Options
    Everyone knows that most fruits have limited calories right? So you can eat them daily and have limited sugars as I do when not cutting...
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    OP, the ONLY rule to weight loss is to eat fewer calories than your body uses in a day. It doesn't matter (for weight loss) whether those calories are sugar, fats, carbs (which sugar is), or protein. It doesn't matter what time of day you eat those calories. It doesn't matter if you eat them all in one sitting, or in six different small meals per day.

ALL THAT MATTERS FOR WEIGHT LOSS IS EATING FEWER CALORIES PER DAY THAN YOUR BODY USES.

Good luck.

Believe what you want, we all have our own opinions & yes the key to losing weight is caloric deficiency but how you do it matters. If you eat all your calories at 8am your metabolism slows. If you eat all simple sugars you'll burn them, be hungry and probably become a type 2 diabetic... There are different types of carbs (complex carbs) too, not just sugar.

Now if your trying to lose fat and not muscle you need to eat enough protein so your not losing both or just muscle.

Nothing wrong with cutting sugars and it is healthy... I always keep them under 45g daily & under 20g when cutting. Fat on the other hand I don't regulate but don't go out of control - just eat a lot of eggs and steak so it comes with the territory.

Imo macros DEFINITELY matter if you wanna be healthy and not just lose weight as the OP stated but to each there own... Good luck to you in your journey.

And if you actually read most of the comments you'd see that absolutely no one on here has claimed that health is only affected by calories. They have stated over and over again that for strictly weight loss calories must be restricted, but you need to pay attention to macros for your health. NO ONE said you can be healthy by completely ignoring macros and only counting calories. You are arguing a claim that no one has made.
  • ItsAllMental819
    edited May 2017
    Options

Good luck.

And if you actually read most of the comments you'd see that absolutely no one on here has claimed that health is only affected by calories. They have stated over and over again that for strictly weight loss calories must be restricted, but you need to pay attention to macros for your health. NO ONE said you can be healthy by completely ignoring macros and only counting calories. You are arguing a claim that no one has made.

Really? Read through every comment & macros were rarely mentioned... The post I quoted said exactly what you said no one did? Basically the opposite that it didn't matter what you eat or when and that is who I was responding too.

The OP says a healthier and happier lifestyle also not just weight loss.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Good luck.

Really? Read through every comment & macros were rarely mentioned... The post I quoted said exactly what you said no one did? Basically the opposite that it didn't matter what you eat or when and that is who I was responding too.

Did you notice the (for weight loss) in there?
  • ItsAllMental819
    Options

Good luck.

And I'm saying if that's all you're trying too do that's fine... just NOT healthy.

Have at it all... Goodnight
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options

Good luck.

And I'm saying if that's all you're trying too do that's fine... just NOT healthy.

Have at it all... Goodnight

And for the gazillionth time, we are NOT claiming that it is healthy. All we said is that it reduces the number on the scale. Two different things: Health and smaller physical size. Again, you are arguing against something that wasn't claimed. Ad Infinitum
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Entirely different poster.

Nope, again that was the keto poster (who of course is not anti fat). OP said "fat" and has said nothing to suggest that was limited.