May 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm In! Gearing up for USMC marathon in Oct. My goal for May will be 120 miles. With a goal of extending my long runs now that I winter appears to be over and I can see the shoulders of the rural roads again. I live in Maine!

Welcome fellow Mainer! I live in Bangor. :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    2---3.11
    4---5.16
    6---6.62

10th-15th in Georgia.

14.89/50+

UPCOMING RACES

May 27- XTERRA Rock Dallas Trail Run. 5k.
    July 8- XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run, 5K.  Glen Rose,TX
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.
  • Freck135
    Freck135 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in for May!
    Goal: 50 miles
    5/1-2.5
    5/3-6.0
    5/6-6.0
    Total: 14.5 miles
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I haven't written too often in the last weeks. Going to start a new job on Monday, in another place, so it's a bit messy at the moment.

I enjoyed my last free week running AND cycling every day (with moderation)

I felt very good, and cycling after a run really is very good for me, my legs feel great, don't know why.

Tomorrow.im going to hike, hope.to be able to reach my goal and.also.to.find.some.snow

For may goals, really don't know. I'll run every day but I don't know where yet, will be away Monday to Friday, so I'm planning to run usual 9 miles daily. Then if weather will be good I'll ride.my bike during the week end. Ideally a long ride on Saturday and a long run on Sunday, but I'm not sure if.ill be able.to do it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Freck135 great progress toward your goal! At this rate you're sure to surpass it.

@patrikc333 Hope the new job treats you well. Running 9 miles daily sounds like a great goal.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @kgirlhart great first 5k!
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well I ended up going for a run instead of going to the gym.

To run 5K I have to make a big lap around my area and then pass in front of my house a second time and run through some streets for the extra 1K. I completed the first 4K, got to my house and I was almost out of gas, pretty hungry and sweating immensely so I gave up on that extra 1K and ended up running only 4, which is better than nothing. A bit disappointed that I didn't push myself a bit more though, I know I could have done it if I really wanted to.

exercise.png

(Showing 8KM for some reason but should be showing 12KM, maybe it is slow to update?)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @nFoooo you got out there and ran. That's what matters.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart look at you 1st place in your AG first time out, congrats!!!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart -- Thanks for the update -- I was curious to hear how it went, since I ran my first 5K today too. You & I share many of the same thoughts! Very happy to hear it was such a great experience -- that's awesome!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @garygse I totally forgot to mention that when I wrote it up in my thread! The shoes were AWESOME! They are officially going to be my marathon shoes. I love how comfortable they are, they are so light, I just seem to cruise along when I wear them.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    snowyne wrote: »
    @kgirlhart -- Thanks for the update -- I was curious to hear how it went, since I ran my first 5K today too. You & I share many of the same thoughts! Very happy to hear it was such a great experience -- that's awesome!!

Thanks! It sounds like we both had great first races.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @katharmonic that looks like a great week of running!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @garygse omg! The oatmeal is too funny!

Congratulations @kgirlhart and @snowyne !

@MNLittleFinn nothing better than a pair of shoes you can fall in love with!!!

@skippygirlsmom love the pic of Skip!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May goal: wear sunblock

May 1: sat on my okole. All. Day. Long.
    May 2: 3.13
    May 3: 6.06
    May 4: 4.08
    May 5 rest
    May 6: 4.15

Total: 17.42

@kgirlhart : I also won my age group in my first ever 5k: I guarantee you are now hooked!
    @snowyne good job on your first 5k also!
    @wishiwasarunner congrats on your pr
    @MNLittleFinn Glad to hear the shoes felt so good

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:
    exercise.png

upcoming races:
    Volcano Rainforest Runs 10k 8/19
    BlockThe Sun Run 5k Oct 14 (https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017) (physical and virtual options available)