Christmas Countdown Challenge - Starting 7/25

Options

Replies

• ahoover12
    ahoover12 Posts: 6
    Options
    This is my first time to try and challenge...and I am so in!

I'm Alyssa and I am 19 years old. I work as a cashier at a local store and will start college in the fall to major in education. About a year ago, I lost around 80 pounds! The doctor then told me that i had lost too much weight and ordered me to gain some back. To do this, I stupidly went back to my old eating habits and now I am back to the weight I was before. :cry:
    But I am excited to say, that I'm fixing to be on the weight loss journey once again!

CW: 182.4
    GW: 130

Height: 5' 4''
    Waist: 39''
    Hips: 43''
    Arms: 14.5''
    Thighs: 25''
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    so what dates are our weigh ins?
  • mooky1286
    mooky1286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join this challenge! This is my first challenge since I joined MFP a few months ago, and I hope this group will help my finally reach my goals!

I'm Mari and a 24 year old English teacher living in Japan. I'm considered to be at a "healthy weight" at 5'1 and 134 pounds, but I am sick of being at the upper end of the "normal" weight scale. I do a lot of traveling, and as a result, my weight fluctuates a lot. My 25th birthday is coming up in December, so I would love to fully live a healthier lifestyle by then. And maybe lose some weight too =)

CW: 134
    Christmas Goal Weight: 120
    GW: 115

Height: 5'1
    Bust: 33.5"
    Waist: 31"
    Hips: 33"
    Thighs: 23.5"
    Calves: 16"
    Arms: 11"
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats:

Current Weight: 220.5

Waist: 41.5
    Hips: 51.0
    Bust: 46.5
    Arm: 14.5
    Thigh: 26.5
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join this challenge. I joined mfp in April.
    My name is KC. I am married and have 4 grown children. I am a junior high teacher. I have had the summer off and have been quite active over the summer. I need to keep that up once school starts.
    cw 166
    goal weight for christmas is 140
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm sandra! i don't know if this sounds weird, but now that i've lose 65 lbs, i feel MORE motivated than i did when i started, like my "goal" is actually within reach....even though it's another 65 lbs away. i can't imagine myself going back to my old lifestyle, and i'm SO excited to be "overweight" instead of "obese" by Christmas!!!

i would LOVE to join this challenge at 216.4 lbs :flowerforyou:

Starting Weight: 216.4
    Current Weight: 216.4
    Goal Weight by 12/25: 175.0

Bust: 47
    Waist: 46
    Hips: 46
    Arms: 15
    Thighs: 26

it would be awesome to be 175 lbs by x-mas!! that would be a total loss of 41.4 lbs at about 1.8lbs/week. i think this might be a tough goal for me because i've NEVER been below the 190's and that was the beginning of high school when i was 2 inches shorter lol

good luck to everyone!!!
  • deepakris
    deepakris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Deepa. Here are my stats:

Starting Weight: 132.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 132.4 lbs
    Goal Weight by Christmas: 122 lbs

I'll put in my measurements next week, because I haven't measured myself in a while. c:
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If possible id like to join! I start nursing school September 7th & something like this would be great to keep me going when my schedule changes. Currently I am 290.2, and by Christmas I'd like to be 240. 50 pounds in 22 weeks. I swear one of these days i'll buy a measuring tape..
  • cohawk11
    cohawk11 Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this challenge -- if it's not too late, I'd love to join! My name is Eve and I'll be the big 4-0 in November so I'm looking for some major motivation to start the next decade of my life in shape!! I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle -- desk job, no kids (other than 2 four-legged ones) so I find myself sitting a lot (computer, TV, etc.). I've had a gym membership for years, and have used it on and off, but started going again 2 weeks ago. I am hoping this challenge will help keep me motivated. :) BEST OF LUCK to everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

Starting Weight: 135.0
    Current Weight: 135.0
    Goal Weight by 12/25: 120

Bust: 35.5
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 41
    Arms: 12.5
    Thighs: 23

9750869.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    HI! I am Gabby and live in Charlotte, NC. Although I sigend up to MFP a while back I never really used it the regularly or the "right way". Since about a week ago I decided that I really wanted to make a change in my life for real this time and have used it every single day tracking everything I eat. I thinki this challenge is going to give me great motivation.

starting weight: 158.5
    Current weight: 157
    Goal weight: 130

PS- when you say check-in... what does that entail?

Thanks and I am glad to be part of something great! :)
  • chrisraem
    chrisraem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello all, hopefully its not to late to join. My name is Chris and I am 27 years old. I have recently gotten engaged and am going back to school full time so a very exciting and busy time in my life. I use to be a very active person but due to my weight gain I have became somewhat insecure and not so willing to participate in the activities I once loved. I have been able to loose from time to time but find it hard to stay motivated, I'm hoping this challenge will help. My ultimate goal is to start running again and have a healthier lifestyle. Plus the fact that my birthday is also in December makes this challenge perfect for me. :wink:

SW:212
    CW:199.6
    Goal weight by Christmas:165-155

I'll work on getting my measurments and make sure to post by next week.
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm Stephanie! I have over 100 pounds to lose so I'm excited for this longer challenge.

I hope it is not too late to join...I started MFP about 1 month ago...I have lost 20 pounds to date and am motivated to keep going (although I haven't reached the point where its easy yet...)...Wait...does that ever happen? :wink:

Current Weight: 259.9
    Goal Weight For 12/25: 211

211 was my pre-preganancy weight (which has only gone up over the last NINE years since my daughter was born)...
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I could use the extra motivation especially since I really want to get on track and stay on track and end this year feeling/looking great! :)

SW: 140
    GW: 115 - 120
  • gennybunny1
    gennybunny1 Posts: 209
    Options
    *bump*
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi I'm in. I am currently 160lbs my goal is to loose 1/2 lb a week so by christmas, hopefully, i will be 149lbs.

I have not lose anything for a very long time, it will be good to get closer to my goal.

waste:31 inches
    hips:44 inches
  • nhill2733
    nhill2733 Posts: 20
    Options
    Posted last week about wanting to join but forgot to post my measurements so here goes...

Bust 50.5
    Thigh 32
    Arm 16
    Waist 49
    Hips 61

SW 292
    CW 290
    GW 250 by Christmas or more!!
    Final Goal Weight 140 - there is size 8 in here just dying to get out!! Good luck everyone :)
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ok i now have my measurements:

Bust/chest: 40
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 39 1/2
    Thighs: 23 1/2
    Arms: 11 1/2

Ready to go!!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in......

My name is Debi I'm 45 years old, I have two boys ages 23 and 26
    Two grandsons 5 months and 2 1/2 and one granddaughter 2yrs.

I have been doing very well with MFP but the challenges really help
    keep me focused.

Starting weight 188
    current weight 142
    goal weight 115

measurements are bust 42
    waist 37
    arms 12.5
    thighs 28
    hips 38

I'm 5'1"
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am in, I am katy, 28, 2 kids, 5ft 5.

SW 192
    CW 142
    GW 122

Starting inches

Waist 31
    Hips 37.5
    Fattest bit of belly 36
    Calf 14
    Thigh 22
    Arm 11
    Bust 36
    Below bust 33.5
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hopefully, I'm not too late in joining. My girlfriend (Cohawk11) said "Let's do this!" so here I am.
    My name is Christine. I have 3 incredible boys, 2 adorable dogs, and 1 marvelous hubby. Like my bf, I have a desk job. I started doing yoga again in the mornings this past week (how many times have I had to say that, "...started doing [exercise] AGAIN...") because I my blood pressure was too high (even on my medication) and I have been feeling really down. Starting this has really helped me feel better, even in such a very short period of time! I also started using [again] my Biggest Loser video for the xbox, and am enjoying it very much. I'm thinking about getting Zumba for the Wii. It's been too hot in KS to do anything else outside. Anyway, I'm glad my bf showed me this challenge. I'm hoping being able to talk with others will help me eventually reach my goal. Good luck everybody!

Starting Weight: 188.0
    Current Weight: 177.3
    Goal Weight by 12/25: 150

Bust: 41.5
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 43
    Arms: 13
    Thighs: 22.5