Bad memories, experiences you had as a child which still haunts you, reminds you till this day

Options

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My parents put me in the care of my grandparents as they didn't have money to put me in creche/daycare. So my *kitten* grandpa used to molest me. Stick his fingers up my private parts and threaten to rape me. Thankfully, he died when I was 5. He wanted me to wear Indian clothes and not frocks or skirt blouse. Thats the reason he gave me when I asked him why he was abusing me.

So many filthy people in our midst who you never expect to do this kind of thing.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Let's just say that it happened when I was 7 and I still require therapy to this day.

Grandparents too? Damn.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    and my kid is b itchin coz i grounded him from his phone

:triumph:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    and my kid is b itchin coz i grounded him from his phone

You are so mean
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Not really traumatic but it still bothers me to this day. When I was 13, I was eating breakfast and my Dad just walks by me and hits me for no reason. He then says that he hit me because I was chewing too loudly. For other reasons too, I hope that dude dies slowly of any kind of cancer, doesn't matter which one.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Not really traumatic but it still bothers me to this day. When I was 13, I was eating breakfast and my Dad just walks by me and hits me for no reason. He then says that he hit me because I was chewing too loudly. For other reasons too, I hope that dude dies slowly of any kind of cancer, doesn't matter which one.

Damn man, jus for that?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Can't think of anything. Could be my memory, but I tend to remember all the good things.

Spent 3 months in a burn ward and almost had my arm amputated, but I can't remember the details. Can only remember the hospital staff that was so kind to me.

I guess that's probably the worst thing.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

Damn man, jus for that?

Yup, I can also tell you another story on how one time when I was in high school I came home from school and I don't remember the specific reason why but me and my Dad got into a fight and it was in the bathroom and he started hitting me. I was so scared from him hitting me that I literally peed my shorts. My Mom was worried for me and was telling him to stop. I was pretty embarrassed and hurt both physically and psychologically. Luckily there was no one else I knew that saw it. I can tell everybody so many stories....my childhood was.....a roller coaster, there were good times and bad times....usually bad times. My Dad wasn't always mean but he was abusive. Now I don't care whether he lives or dies.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Can't think of anything. Could be my memory, but I tend to remember all the good things.

Spent 3 months in a burn ward and almost had my arm amputated, but I can't remember the details. Can only remember the hospital staff that was so kind to me.

I guess that's probably the worst thing.

It seems your experience was a good one. A normal life..
  • glitterng
    glitterng Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sexually molested from age 3 to 8, when I was old enough to finally tell someone, by my godfather. Then by my brother-in-law from 11 to 15 when I finally figured out a system to get him to stop. Weight, to me, meant safety for the longest time. To this day it still is an unconscious motivator to sabotage myself when I get close to goal. Rediculous, I know. I've just started paying attention to my health and trying to achieve a healthy weight again, as my physical state is pretty bad and not looking to get any better until I do something about it. I will focus on my health improvements instead of how my body looks and strive to overcome that little scared girl inside telling me fat = safety, thin = bad men doing bad things to me.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    glitterng wrote: »
    Yes. Sexually molested from age 3 to 8, when I was old enough to finally tell someone, by my godfather. Then by my brother-in-law from 11 to 15 when I finally figured out a system to get him to stop. Weight, to me, meant safety for the longest time. To this day it still is an unconscious motivator to sabotage myself when I get close to goal. Rediculous, I know. I've just started paying attention to my health and trying to achieve a healthy weight again, as my physical state is pretty bad and not looking to get any better until I do something about it. I will focus on my health improvements instead of how my body looks and strive to overcome that little scared girl inside telling me fat = safety, thin = bad men doing bad things to me.

Get revenge. If he's still around. Go to him and give him a punch on his face. :smiley:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I was molested from the time I was 8 to 14 from my best friends father. He'd been in my life since I was a baby and had me so brainwashed I believed he loved me. My mother told me everything she should have and still it didn't register until I was older and he began to rape me. He then proceeded to take pictures of me in the nude or in "doll like" clothes and sell them to his sick friends. I still can not take a full body shot nearly 20 years later and hundreds of hours of therapy unless I'm inebriated. When I realized what was going on was wrong he threatened to kill my parents and even worse his daughter my best friend. He was a police officer and constantly would make sure to tell me no one would believe me. So in an attempt to end it all I tried to take my life. It was after which it all came out. From there I became downward spiral of self hate. Drugs, alchoal, eating disorders more suicide attempts. It wasn't until I became pregnant that I realized I needed to get my life together and stop letting this POS hinder my life. In many ways my son saved my life. Now I am a child psychologist and I work with kids everyday who have suffered the same trauma. I don't know if I will ever be able to say I'm okay. But I'm helping kids when I needed the help the most. And in seeing thier strength it strengthens me.

Awe sorry to hear that. So many sickos amongst us.
  • Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy
    Options
    I have lots of bad memories and trauma. Nothing I really care to share here, and nothing that "thicker skin" could have taken care of.
  • Succubus666
    Succubus666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I saw my little brother get hit by a pickup truck and dragged underneath it for at least 30 meters. He was ok, just had a concussion.

Holy crap! That must have been traumatizing. Glad he is ok
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    When I was 7 years old my dad was dying from brain cancer. He stayed at home where my mother cared for him 24 hours a day. One day, he threw up all over himself and my mom yelled for me to get a wet washcloth so she could clean him up. Stupid me grabbed a rag from a pile of dirty clothes and wet it for her. As she used it to clean his mouth, he got sick again. I had given him a dirty rag soaked in Pine Sol.
    I was a little kid, but still to this day I feel guilt and shame. Like somehow I was contributing to his pain. Consciously I know better, but the memory still brings me to tears.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    For me, one in particular affects me till this day. The guilt that comes with that it's something I can't get over. Even though justice was served, I still can't help but feel guilt for not speaking out sooner.
  • thieambe
    thieambe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was legitimately about to get all deep here with my alcoholic father and all the issues I have now because of it but pea soup wins and now I can't even.