May 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I've never really had a pooping issue before, but now that I'm doing a longer run I'm a bit paranoid and wait to go before heading out. I've been fine during my runs, but I've noticed the rest of the day I'll have cramping like I have to keep going. Anyone else experience that? It's like my bowels are on overdrive :neutral:
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I didn't realize pooping before a run was that big of a deal for so many. LOL I never even consider it. Of course I live a completely unscheduled life. I run "whenever I get around to it" and I poop whenever I need to, not at a certain time. LOL I can only remember once that I thought I really needed to get home in a hurry! Now my bladder on the other hand....if in doubt, always pee again before heading out the door.

Sooooo..... night before last, I jumped out of bed and hurt my knee. It was fine the next day but then I did the same thing again second night in a row! This time it was worse and I had to hop back to bed on one leg! Again, I feel fine today. So no clue what's up. I've had a sharp pain on the inner edge of this knee cap for probably 2 years but it doesn't hurt when running/walking/squatting/jumping. I can't reproduce the pain ever. It just comes at random when I'm moving about the house. I guess I'll just keep on as long as it doesn't hurt to walk or anything???
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat I've been struggling with the same thing without even running that far. Sleeping more definitely made a difference. But I couldn't keep up the early bedtime. I really need to get back to it. Problem is I like to doze off watching tv and with lights on! I have to turn everything off for my husband to get the point that I've really gone to sleep for the night and not disturb me when he decides to come to bed. When I was taking it seriously and shutting everything off, he actually started joining me for the earlier bedtime. Somehow we both got back off track. Anyway, I've noticed I feel really tired and want to quit during my warmup but then I'm okay once I start running. But I don't say that to encourage you to ignore your body signals. Just to say that if you sleep some more and improve your diet and all, you may find staying active helps too, within reason. Maybe stay close to home or your car, that way you can always bail out if you need to.

@amymoreorless Love the carbivore pic!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty IBS-D "runs" my life. Always near a potty, or throw away socks and a wooded area.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

@amymoreorless I don't know what I hate more the bugs in my mouth or up my nose ha ha

I had one kill itself once by flying into my eyeball. I had to run I think around the last .5 mile of my run with it there, before I had access to a clean tissue from my car to get it out. I will take a bug in the mouth or the nose any day of the week over having a repeat of that experience :s:s:s

@KatieJane83 You win! Eyeball bugs are much worse! I am now inspired to wear sunglasses on my next run instead of my usual visor.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @zdyb23456-dont you hate people like that. I have been sick 4 times this year already, and 3 of which was because someone coughed im my face, ugh (2 of those were a special needs kid I have to tube feed) Im so over being sick

As far as this pooping subject goes, I can not dictate my runs based on whether I have pooped or not. I have IBS-C and if I didnt run until I pooped first, I would almost never run, ugh.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

@amymoreorless I don't know what I hate more the bugs in my mouth or up my nose ha ha

I had one kill itself once by flying into my eyeball. I had to run I think around the last .5 mile of my run with it there, before I had access to a clean tissue from my car to get it out. I will take a bug in the mouth or the nose any day of the week over having a repeat of that experience :s:s:s

@KatieJane83 You win! Eyeball bugs are much worse! I am now inspired to wear sunglasses on my next run instead of my usual visor.

Lol, it was kinda traumatic
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    ha ha we are like old people discussing our bowel movements

• GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Date : Distance : Total
    05/01 : 4 miles : 4 miles
    05/03 : 4 miles : 8 miles
    05/06 : 4 miles : 12 miles
    05/10 : 5 miles (walk) : 17 miles
    05/11 : 4 miles (walk) : 21 miles

Foot still painful today. Surgery end of July so likely won't do great until Fall
  • Freck135
    Freck135 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in for May!
    Goal: 50 miles
    5/1-2.5
    5/3-6.0
    5/6-6.0
    5/10-4.5
    5/11-5.0
    Total: 24 miles
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    So, I found a loopish route that intrigues me....but it would make my last 20 mile run be on a 21 mile course.... LOL.... If all goes well I'll have 3 20 mile runs instead of the 2 scheduled. If not, well, I'll make a good showing of it!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ thanks for the reply. I'll see how the pace goes the next couple of weeks. Planning on a potential 10k race at the beginning of June.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    May 1- Rest
    May 2- 14.2
    May 3- Rest
    May 4- 14.5
    May 5- 18.8
    May 6- 8
    May 7- 23.3
    May 8-Rest
    May 9- 15.7
    May 10- Rest
    May 11- 15.7

110.2/300km

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 4.6 run + 4.8 walk
    5/2 - 1.0 run + 7.1 walk
    5/3 - 5.1 run + 3.9 walk
    5/4 - 0.0 run + 5.1 walk
    5/5 - 5.2 run + 4.8 walk
    5/6 - 5.1 run + 1.8 walk
    5/7 - 0.5 run + 5.6 walk
    5/8 - 5.1 run + 3.8 walk
    5/9 - 0.0 run + 5.8 walk
    5/10 - 4.6 run + 5.9 walk
    5/11 - 5.0 run + 5.5 walk

Totals so far - 36.2 run + 54.1 walk = 90.3 miles

A good run today, even if my legs felt a bit heavy. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow morning, need to see how my hip is feeling. If it's iffy then I plan to do some strength training.