I hate when people scrutize my food

Options
I can't eat much at once.
Today in work we had a lunch meeting. On the way there, someone said they were hungry and I said me too. I had a little container of 2oz of tuna that I picked at. Someone in the meeting kept saying, "that's it? That's all you're eating? You want half my sandwich? Do you want to run and go get something?"
I kept saying I was fine... I just wanted a little tuna. My other coworker finally stepped in and put a stop to it.
I left there so annoyed.

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    You said you were hungry and then you were eating very little. I would have also offered to share my food with you for the same reasons. I'm sure she went on longer than she should have, but it's not hard to figure out why she said something.

Nobody said anything to the young, thin assistant in the room eating a big bowl of lettuce. Just lettuce.

How big was the bowl? lol. Unless it was HUGE I'd probably had said something to her too...like why just lettuce? and how? I'd be so bored. Bland. bleh. lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    You said you were hungry and then you were eating very little. I would have also offered to share my food with you for the same reasons. I'm sure she went on longer than she should have, but it's not hard to figure out why she said something.

Nobody said anything to the young, thin assistant in the room eating a big bowl of lettuce. Just lettuce.

You could have given her half your tuna for half her lettuce.

Lol. That was pretty funny. Although 1oz of tuna might be kind of pointless lol

That was the point! Both people eyeing each other's food! If I were a fly on the wall!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Did she talk about being hungry right before that? You appear to have taken this extremely personally. As I said, it sounds like she should have let it go, but you seem really defensive about this. And what does your weight have to do with it?

I didn't take anything personally at all. That's an odd thing to surmise. I mentioned my weight because I'm clearly not anorexic.
    Whether it's a small amount of food or a huge amount, it was rude to bring up and NOT drop. This wasn't a friend of mine.
  • gabriellejayde
    Options
    merekins wrote: »

Did she talk about being hungry right before that? You appear to have taken this extremely personally. As I said, it sounds like she should have let it go, but you seem really defensive about this. And what does your weight have to do with it?

I didn't take anything personally at all. That's an odd thing to surmise. I mentioned my weight because I'm clearly not anorexic.
    Whether it's a small amount of food or a huge amount, it was rude to bring up and NOT drop. This wasn't a friend of mine.

Size is irrelevant to eating disorders. That's also irrelevant to this thread. I highly recommend the book "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a *kitten*." Seriously, it's life changing. Rude or not, a comment about your lunch shouldn't have this much power over you.

This much power? Lol yes, because it's really effected me.
    Not.
    I found it annoying, amd rude, but it hasn't had an ounce of power over me, effected my mood or made a bit of difference to my life.
    You sound a little judgy though, to be honest. I could be wrong. But I also don't really care. Lol
  • gabriellejayde
    Options
    Your commenting on her salad is the same thing as their commenting on your tuna.

It would be, if I had commented to her about her salad. Which I wouldn't do because it's none of my business. :)