I hate when people scrutize my food

Options

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I can't assume whether someone is eating 500-3000 calories a day just by 2 oz of tuna or a leaf of lettuce. Who knows what they had for breakfast or will have at home. We are so busy at work, so many of us hardly have time to eat during the day apart from snacking here and there.

Exactly what I thought.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    briohne128 wrote: »
    Its all kicking off on this thread haha. I have the opposite problem. If I eat anything even slightly unhealthy my co workers will say 'I THOUGHT YOU WAS ON A DIET'. So I know how annoying it is when people your not even close to comment on your food!

OMG I hate that
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    OP, have you had WLS?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I've read through the comments. Respectfully, OP it seems like you are very defensive, even after mentioning you don't care what people think. Even when people mention an eating disorder by looking through you diary, you get very defensive.

I agree it was very rude of the lady in the meeting. Totally agree. I'm the type of person that would have politely told her to mind her business right there in the meeting. But if you do have an eating disorder, it's better to seek help than denying it.

Good luck.

Defensive seems a natural reaction given the thread title and subject.

Assuming an eating disorder with no information other than that offered in this thread seems a very unnatural reaction. At least it would outside MFP.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've read through the comments. Respectfully, OP it seems like you are very defensive, even after mentioning you don't care what people think. Even when people mention an eating disorder by looking through you diary, you get very defensive.

I agree it was very rude of the lady in the meeting. Totally agree. I'm the type of person that would have politely told her to mind her business right there in the meeting. But if you do have an eating disorder, it's better to seek help than denying it.

Good luck.

Assuming an eating disorder with no information other than that offered in this thread seems a very unnatural reaction. At least it would outside MFP.

I agree in a way. But it wasn't just the information in the thread. If she's logging correctly, she isn't even eating 700 calories a day. That's where the eating disorder question came from. It seems logical. Not judging by any means. It's a valid concern. Her intake is very low, given 200 pounds isn't morbidly obese.

Edit: I do agree that outside of mfp and not knowing her eating habits, it was very rude and disrespectful to point it out in a meeting.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

Good luck.

I agree in a way. But it wasn't just the information in the thread. If she's logging correctly, she isn't even eating 700 calories a day. That's where the eating disorder question came from. It seems logical. Not judging by any means. It's a valid concern. Her intake is very low, given 200 pounds isn't morbidly obese.

Edit: I do agree that outside of mfp and not knowing her eating habits, it was very rude and disrespectful to point it out in a meeting.

I appreciate the concern from people here, since you can see my diary (unlike my coworker), and this is the appropriate place to comment.
    I don't have an eating disorder. I had surgery a month ago on my esophagus.
    Just saw my doc yesterday and I'm doing great.

That's awesome! Glad you received good news... I truly hope that this lady learns manners... (doubtfully but one can hope). We have one in our office that is very tiny who feels the need to comment on people's food and everything. I know some who quit eating in the breakroom because of her. It's very aggravating and rude. You seem to have a great attitude and know you well enough to know you're doing what you need to. :)