I hate when people scrutize my food

Options

Replies

• DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm about to open a can of tuna for second breakfast ... wanna share? ;)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    What makes me nuts more than people commenting on the AMOUNT of food I'm eating are those that comment on WHAT I'm eating...like, "what IS that?" or, "Ew! That looks gross..."

How about "STFU" and "GFY"??? Your "Starnuts extra-special unicorn mocha choke-a frappa crappa chino soy lo fat double shot gr-aaahh-day ever what the fark" looks like a real hipster delicacy, no doubt. (Ever notice that, apparently, the more words you need to describe your drink order, the cooler and hipper you are??)

The other thing is people who say they "don't believe" in things that are clinically or scientifically backed up by studies, even if all the data isn't in yet. When someone says, for example, "Oh, I don't believe in probiotics..." I always respond with, "We're not talking about Santa Claus or the friggin' Easter Bunny!"

Wait what? There's no Easter Bunny?
  • meredithkav
    meredithkav Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I NEVER comment on people's food. I don't ask what they have, I don't say it looks good or doesn't look good, I never say "Wow, that's a lot!" or "Wow, that's not a lot!"

You know why? It's none of my effing business. Just like what's on my plate is none of theirs. I absolutely despise when people comment on what I am eating. It happens to me all the time and it annoys the living crap out of me.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My husband used to have a coworker who would come over to his desk, open his drawer, and inspect the contents of his lunch and comment on how healthy it was.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    My husband used to have a coworker who would come over to his desk, open his drawer, and inspect the contents of his lunch and comment on how healthy it was.

:huh: People need a good dose of MYOB! I blame social media. Unless I'm posting my lunch on Instattentionseeker, I'm not inviting comments. Grr. And get off my lawn while you're at it!

Oh, but your grass is so pretty
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Do you know what. To be quite frank I would have said something too. That is nowhere near enough period.

Nonsense. It's perfectly enough if it suits that person. Perhaps she eats 10 lots of 100-200 cals throughout the day. You don't know so can't comment whether or not it is enough.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I NEVER comment on people's food. I don't ask what they have, I don't say it looks good or doesn't look good, I never say "Wow, that's a lot!" or "Wow, that's not a lot!"

You know why? It's none of my effing business. Just like what's on my plate is none of theirs. I absolutely despise when people comment on what I am eating. It happens to me all the time and it annoys the living crap out of me.

I might say something looks or smells good but then the other person things I'm fishing for an invitation to share. LOL. It probably is best to just shut up about what other people are eating
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Do you know what. To be quite frank I would have said something too. That is nowhere near enough period.

Nonsense. It's perfectly enough if it suits that person. Perhaps she eats 10 lots of 100-200 cals throughout the day. You don't know so can't comment whether or not it is enough.

except if you look at her public diary you'll see she eats 500-600 calories per day.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

:huh: People need a good dose of MYOB! I blame social media. Unless I'm posting my lunch on Instattentionseeker, I'm not inviting comments. Grr. And get off my lawn while you're at it!

You must be picnicking on someone else's yard! Just don't critique their lunch, ok?
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

except if you look at her public diary you'll see she eats 500-600 calories per day.

OP also just stated that she's under a doctor's care for recent esophagus surgery.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    Options

But, a coworker is not looking at her MFP diary
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    unless the coworker is also on MFP - I know I have real-life friends and coworkers on here
  • DJ_Skywalker
    Options

You must be picnicking on someone else's yard! Just don't critique their lunch, ok?

I will if they are having anchovies on their pizza .... anchovies do not belong on pizza
  • wizzybeth
    Options

I will if they are having anchovies on their pizza .... anchovies do not belong on pizza

Neither does pineapple!
  • wizzybeth
    Options

And she did explain why - she recently had surgery on her esophagus!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

She's already explained that, but your statement is not true. You would see that she logs 500-600 calories per day. You wouldn't know if she eats more and doesn't log it. You wouldn't know if 500-600 is an appropriate amount for this person, especially since on page 1 she stated she ate so little for medical reasons.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

Neither does pineapple!

Yes, and Yes! (BTW, do you know where pineapple and ham, or 'Hawaiian' pizza was first made?? Ontario, Canada. Go fig-yah...)