How much caffeine do you drink?

Replies

• canihazcarbs
    canihazcarbs Posts: 18 Member
    3 cups coffee & three cups tea later in the day. I feel the antioxidants help me stay well.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    All of it.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Caffeine is caffeine is caffeine. Not that many people have mentioned that you can buy it in pill or powder form. You can then make your own monster juice by adding it to, well, juice. People will treat you like a junkie, but there it is.

Be super careful with the powder, you don't want to accidentally hit LD50
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    I think I am going to cut back.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    csoriaa wrote: »
    I drink no more than two cups of coffe per day, the effect over my sense of hunger it's not so high, but I see a lot of people that drink soda (Dr. pepper, Coke, etc) it doesn't matter if it's diet or Zero, you will not loose weight if you drink soda (even diet). I started to lose a lot of weight once I stopped to drink diet soda.

You will lose weight drinking diet soda. I drink a couple diet root beers most every evening in lieu of beer and I lose weight just fine...everyone I know does.

As to the caffeine question, I have 3 or 4 cups of coffee in the morning. I don't have any after about 8:30/9AM
  • PositiveChange2013
    PositiveChange2013 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm a huge coffee drinker. I'll have two sixteen ounce cups as I'm getting ready for work in the morning. Once at work, I'll average six to seven 12 ounce cups. I haven't seen any effect on appetite or weight loss. Maybe I'm just numb to the effects of caffeine.
  • FlyingBeagles
    FlyingBeagles Posts: 19 Member
    ~32 oz of coffee

Basically two grande from Starbucks. Initially, I was ordering sugary garbage drinks. Then I got hooked on black coffee and now I use it as a hunger suppressant (and I like black coffee).
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    I have a latte in the morning during my work week.... Coffee (Ice caps especially with tons of sugar) sends me into overdrive. I can't stop talking and seem to tell stories that I normally wouldn't share. Occasionally people have bought me coffee just to see me spin. If I have one too late I won't have a great sleep.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    KayHBE wrote: »
    I have a latte in the morning during my work week.... Coffee (Ice caps especially with tons of sugar) sends me into overdrive. I can't stop talking and seem to tell stories that I normally wouldn't share. Occasionally people have bought me coffee just to see me spin. If I have one too late I won't have a great sleep.

Haha my post count here shoots up with rambling replies when i've had too much coffee! I can usually recognise my "I had too much coffee that day" posts. And the typos.. my words per minute goes through the roof lol
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    I have about 6 cups of coffee a day

Same here but it makes me really sleepy.
  • weluvmike69
    weluvmike69 Posts: 8 Member
    Swimmer, here; 2x/week, sometimes I can squeeze in a Third/week, mostly Twice though. EXHAUSTING swims though; Fairly certain I go 1000-15/Swim!! Maybe more though, I don't have an exact figure nor do I have a Way to measure, Yet!! I'm not giving up, still working on Developing an app to go along with this one!! Probly could Utilize some expertise of Anyone who's willing to help!!!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    On average, 2 cups of coffee in the morning (7am). Green Tea (maybe 2-3) thru out the morning. Diet Coke at lunch. Sometimes a cup of black coffee if I'm out after dinner.

No affects either way.
  • weluvmike69
    weluvmike69 Posts: 8 Member
    See, I'm Actually NOT a caffeine drinker, like NO SODA, nor Green/Black Tea. But, I LOVE my Morning iced Coffee, thing is though; and I Know it's wrong but I drink it by the Gallon!! Not Litteraly, but it's iced cold-brew coffee, drink it cold, plus a Fatty Creamer by the Huge cup-full!!

See, I Know it's Not good; For me, 'tell that to my taste buds' though!! Plus bc I swim my physique is Still Svelt!!

I just Think it's bad, maybe it's Not!! That was the motivation in my OG post, to kinda ~Test-The-Waters of This Forum!!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I have a least a litre of tea a day (two enormous mugs :)), a couple of home made cold brew coffees, and a diet coke. The coffee suppresses hunger for a short time but I don't have any sugar in it as that makes me jittery (and I like to be able to taste my coffee!)
  • Mark_Joseph
    Mark_Joseph Posts: 101 Member
    One or two a day. However I may consider stopping soon. I feel like my body is too dependent on the caffeine. In fact, I find myself sometimes drinking coffee in the afternoon to keep myself up to finish the day.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I have about 6 cups of coffee a day

Same here but it makes me really sleepy.

Me too,I wonder why?
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    I drink 2 cups of coffee, one right after the other, every morning when I wake up. I'm not a super intense intermittent faster, but I find taking the time to drink two hot drinks kind of tides me over for a couple hours after waking up so I'm not overeating throughout my day. It lets me time my meals nicely. Also, a super energy boost to get my day rolling! If Im having a long day, a third coffee around 2pm usually does the trick for me. Nothing past 3pm though or I have trouble sleeping
  • queerpenix
    queerpenix Posts: 47 Member
    If I'm having a craving for caffeine I'll either have a sugar free Red Bull or mix my protein shake with 4 shots of espresso!
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    I have 2-3 cups of coffee a day. I drink soda very rarely since regular has way too much sugar and artificial sweeteners tend to give me migraines or stomach aches depending on the type.