Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• HayItsRenee
    HayItsRenee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When there are 20 treadmills available, and you run right next to me (maybe as a competitive thing idk).
    People watching me work out or stare.
    Being lazy and not cleaning off the machine.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    reneeelc wrote: »
    When there are 20 treadmills available, and you run right next to me (maybe as a competitive thing idk).
    People watching me work out or stare.
    Being lazy and not cleaning off the machine.

☝️this...being stared at, I mean zoned into the crotch, while doing abduct/adduct & hip thrust. Very unnerving & creepy
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    This evening some chick had moved her yoga mat into the Smith machine and was blocking the Smith machine and weights doing yoga. Key info about 300 ft away is a whole room for yoga and cardio and stretching that was empty. She was using it not to work out but to flirt with the admittedly hot guy working over at the bench press.
  • Prettyhaitian0218
    Prettyhaitian0218 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    One thing I do hate is when people look at me while im working out. Like don't you have something better to do than look at me. I'm not a machine you can work on nor am I weights.
  • Prettyhaitian0218
    Prettyhaitian0218 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Another thing that annoys me. When a female come to the gym with makeup on and her workout outfit matches her jewelry. Like are you actually going to work out or are you looking for a date? I'm just saying
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I dont get annoyed when someone asks me how many sets i have left. I get it that everybody wants to get their sets done in a timely fashion.

What annoyed me the other day was an older guy coming to ask me if i was using the power rack. I just grabbed it bro. He says "I was gonna do rows with this bar". I then pointed him towards the t-bar machine then he got all pissy with me, even though i grabbed the rack first, like wtf.

He them philophisizes to me "thats the difference between us older guys and you younger guys..we're more flexible." all huffed up. I was gonna go all science on him and tell him he had it backwards. I just let him go. Smh.

Dont get angry at me cause i was at the rack first.

Oh yea, pet peeve. When people hog the rack your whole session.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Another thing that annoys me. When a female come to the gym with makeup on and her workout outfit matches her jewelry. Like are you actually going to work out or are you looking for a date? I'm just saying

I see that plenty at my gym, even the young girls go up and down standing around looking as though they are in the park.
  • yoherbs421
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

I see that plenty at my gym, even the young girls go up and down standing around looking as though they are in the park.

I dont mind that one bit, they are obviously looking to look good. Eye candy at the gym is good, serves me as a mojo inducer lol.
  • kaizaku
    edited May 2017
    Options
    yoherbs421 wrote: »

I dont mind that one bit, they are obviously looking to look good. Eye candy at the gym is good, serves me as a mojo inducer lol.

You should get a job at the gym, even as a janitor. Eye candy all you want :lol:
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    katadx wrote: »
    Stupid question, but do most people wipe down those textured metal dumbbells? I've only had experience using the smooth shiny ones (which are easy to wipe down) but with the metal grippy ones I'd be concerned about rusting or something like that. Is wiping these down typical gym etiquette?

I've never wiped down a dumbbell or seen someone wipe down a dumbbell.

But I've seen people putting their dirty foot on it while killing time in between sets.

Tens of thousands of hands have touched every single surface in the gym. How many of them do you think forgot to wash their hands after visiting the bathroom?

Everything washes off in the shower, not worth worrying about :)

Exactly. Are all the anal individuals who are so concerned about every surface in the gym, wiping every handrail, armrest, etc in public buildings, transportation and so on? How about the germs left by the last person who went directly from concluding a major transaction in the stall, bypassed the hand washing, and started touching those items?
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    There's a girl with a nice big booty at my gym and she goes and does her booty exercises wherever there's a crowd of men. Not jealous but who goes to the gym with full faced makeup and hair done and leaves the gym without a single sweat. I look like a sweat dog compared to her for sure.
  • yoherbs421
    Options

You should get a job at the gym, even as a janitor. Eye candy all you want :lol:

Lol the perv janitor! No 1.5 hours is good!
  • yoherbs421
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Stupid question, but do most people wipe down those textured metal dumbbells? I've only had experience using the smooth shiny ones (which are easy to wipe down) but with the metal grippy ones I'd be concerned about rusting or something like that. Is wiping these down typical gym etiquette?

But I've seen people putting their dirty foot on it while killing time in between sets.

Tens of thousands of hands have touched every single surface in the gym. How many of them do you think forgot to wash their hands after visiting the bathroom?

Exactly. Are all the anal individuals who are so concerned about every surface in the gym, wiping every handrail, armrest, etc in public buildings, transportation and so on? How about the germs left by the last person who went directly from concluding a major transaction in the stall, bypassed the hand washing, and started touching those items?

I have no idea what this machine is...its not even a machine. This device where I do my leg lifts, I need my elbows to support my body weight while I do leg lifts. And I swear its giving me these itchy little fluid filled sacs on my elbows. Im pretty sure its from doing leg lifts, its the only time i rely on my elbows like that.

Absolutely everything should be wiped down! especially if anything doesn't appear visible. Microbes are still there. Wash your hands ALWAYS!! And if your hands appear clean, use hand sanitizer.
  • yoherbs421
    Options
    There's a girl with a nice big booty at my gym and she goes and does her booty exercises wherever there's a crowd of men. Not jealous but who goes to the gym with full faced makeup and hair done and leaves the gym without a single sweat. I look like a sweat dog compared to her for sure.

Sweaty chicks are hot too! LOL Makeup girl obviously wants attention aka the big D.
  • kaizaku
    Options

Lol the perv janitor! No 1.5 hours is good!

:lol:
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

I have no idea what this machine is...its not even a machine. This device where I do my leg lifts, I need my elbows to support my body weight while I do leg lifts. And I swear its giving me these itchy little fluid filled sacs on my elbows. Im pretty sure its from doing leg lifts, its the only time i rely on my elbows like that.

Absolutely everything should be wiped down! especially if anything doesn't appear visible. Microbes are still there. Wash your hands ALWAYS!! And if your hands appear clean, use hand sanitizer.

Just curious, is this your process in the case of any public area? There are a lot of places dirtier than a gym.
  • yoherbs421
    Options

Just curious, is this your process in the case of any public area? There are a lot of places dirtier than a gym.

Yes! I wash my hands all the time and I look for hand sanitizer everywhere! Now at the gym I wipe everything before and after use.
  • jamangie
    jamangie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE LOL
  • kaizaku
    Options

Some are attention seekers. Want guys to stare. Then call them pervs. Nothing new :lol: