Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• PACO1481
    PACO1481 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How can I set up this page to show the most recent post first?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - you are so wonderful in caring for these babies and patients...I know, it makes them feel so good when they get hats or comforting things... good things to come to you!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I was just informed, as SO and I have to share a ride, that I will have to be getting to work crazy early...1 1/2 hrs or so... so, I am trying to convince myself, no better time to start C25K! I walk by all the dogs and know they would love to go for a walk/ run... now, I just need to stick with it... make myself do it... mornings are just not my favorite tune of day..I like sleep too much...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,853 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good morning All~~

No idea how to manipulate pages. I just have the first page bookmarked, and then I click on the last number "88" on my computer. OR, I keep the page open and minimized, and then refresh it. I need to come here every day. It's my life preserver.

Sara - We've been here since July 15th of last year. Feels like it's been so much longer!
    Glad your weather is cooler. Do you have air conditioning in your home? My sister does not, and she's been roasting.

Time for shower, laundry, knitting circle, then doctor's appointment, then maybe a trip to Michael's for a couple of brushes? Then maybe Trader Joe's near Michael's? If energy holds up.
    All you peeps with cars, count your blessings!

Lana

Today: 248.4
    ATH: 250
    Goal 185
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

PS - Cabana Boys have something planned for midweek happy hour. Foot massages and plenty of pillow fluffing. and healthy snacks and zero point cocktails!
  • arniedog74
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Count me in with Cabana Boys! Sounds like a great plan!

Have a great day everyone!
  • glenns1989
    glenns1989 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm new here. I've started and stopped.so many times I've lost count but I'm jumping back on journey and I'm determined to stick with it this time. I've never participated in any part of the community here but everyone seems so nice.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome Glenn~~

We're here every day. You are welcome here.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Well.. no time like the present...SO has to be at work, early in morn... guess it will depend on weather, if I try to walk dogs... supposed to rain... definitely over rain...the cool temperatures have been nice, tho...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Such a nice day weather wise. Just grateful.

3 new people coming into department. One has been trying for years.....our new boss and her are buddies. As my job is to keep my job, I say nothing except she is a nice person - this should be interesting to watch. Hope they dont ask me to train her or give her my work load. Not in the mood to learn new stuff today.

PACO - cant help you with that not a tech person.

Glenn - welcome, stop by when you can.

Dawn - if you have a crazy early start time (or do you just get there too early??) can you walk your dogs after work?

Dinner ready and I am hungry - so will crawl under Lana's Palm Tree after dinner.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I don't start work til 8:00am... but, SO now starts at 7:00am...we share a ride... so, I will be getting to work, about 6:30...so, was thinking of walking before work... I'm thinking... but, the more I think..the less motivated I get... I'll see how I feel in morning...

Good luck with new supervisor and co worker... hopefully, you get to keep to yourself without too much interference...

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Hoping for more sleep before work. Also thinking I might sleep better tonight. Just like weight loss, sleep does not follow logic.

Finished Dinosaur hat for coworker, so 3 packages for work this week. That's a record and that is enough for now.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Thursday.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning~~

Missy - I'm glad you enjoyed that yard work and that you have more freedom now with your new job. Good for you!

Dawn - Mornings can be hard when they are not your own idea! At least it is light out at that time, right? Cheering you on to get some walking in. Try it for a while - you might adjust to liking it?

Sara - Good luck with that work situation. I hope it is not too annoying for you.

BBL

Lana

Today: 247.8
    ATH: 250
    Goal: 185
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Morning didn't go quite as planned... but, I got in a good 10 min walk/jog... then, did a lot of walking in place... at least I was moving... and, the pup loved it... that's what counts to me...
    Lana- thanks for cheers! Need all I can get!

Have a great day all!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Did so well yesterday! Started out today right and then had a celebratory breakfast at DD's school that was held for all of the students of the month from this year. (waffles and omelettes) Had to be in pictures. :( Boy, angles do make a difference. Realized how chubby I am looking. Trying not to get down but rather use it as fuel to motivate myself to keep doing well. These emotions just make me want to eat. But I'm already the chubby friend and would like to be a little slimmer by the end of June when I see my high school classmates.

Tracking my points, doing a 30 day squat challenge and arm challenge, and trying to get in a couple of planks each day. I am sore from 3 days of squats! Really going to stay on track this weekend and get in some good walks, too.

Need to go back and catch up on some of your posts. Keep up the good work, everybody!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I dont think sleep will be any problem tonight. I need to eat and then who knows??

So cold walking dog this am I had to upgrade from capris to winter pants to wear to work.

Wishing all a great night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF and 3 day weekend coming for me. (Not everyone gets to take Monday off....).

If the weather report is true.... wonderful weather for next week as well.

I would usually have at work the chili with baked potato with cheese, but I had chili yesterday.... maybe just the baked potato with broccoli, tomatoes, onions and a little cheese.

Granola after dinner is creeping back in, so I need to think about making herbal tea instead. We do so well all week and then the bad habits show up again - recognize them and manage them.

Will lurk from work. Have a great Friday. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara I think that the bad habits show up when we are tired. It is good to recognize the potential hazards. Glad to hear you are getting some nice, not beastly, weather coming your way. That could mean the same for my sister, which makes her less grumpy. LOL

Today I have a major project: empty the cabinet under the kitchen sink and try to unclog the drain by undoing the cap at the bottom of the trap and try to snake it out. Somehow my drain does merge with the drain of the man who lives in the next door apartment. I hope I can stomach whatever ickadoo I pull out of there.

Reward for doing drain will be a trip to the Greek Tourism Bureau. There is a chance I might go to Greece with girlfriends in the fall of 2018.

QOTD: Are you going to stay on plan and eat healthy this weekend?

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The kitchen drain project was a dismal failure. The plumber from down the street couldn't fix it. Don't know what to do.....

Murphy's Law dictates that these failures happen on a 3-day holiday weekend. I'm going to NC on Tuesday, so this train wreck won't get fixed until I return in mid-June. I hate plumbing.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana!! Sorry your attempts did not succeed with the pipes - obviously it was not you - or plummer would have fixed it.

I nicely ignored the home made chocolate cake cupcakes that were available to me - so now I look to this weekend and wonder how to navigate without too many "oops" extras.

Place I go to on Saturdays has a grilled chicken with bbq sauce / corn and tangler onion salad with cornbread - it is enough for 2 meals and that may be how I rationalize buying it Monday?? Or I find something to make this weekend that will keep me from going to eatery after Saturday.

Right now too tired to think too hard. Person moving into empty cube is really loud - hence the Supervisor who left's comment about using my headphones - so I am recharging the unit right now. Better to be prepared.

AOTD - only thing I can think of it to make sure to walk more than I do on weekends to keep active.

Hope to fly by before lights out, will be under Lana's Palm Tree giving Lana moral support for at least trying to fix the sink.....