Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sara - she is such a nice dog. We heard today that neighbor's son is flying in tomorrow from CA. Will see what happens next.

Took DH out for supper after he had a rough day at work. Ate poorly. Had a drink. Will get back on track tonight with water and PT exercises. Will do well tomorrow. Hoping I feel well enough for a walk.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Rained in the middle of the night - they predicted 10% chance..... Supposed to be dry today.

Errands and then home for day. Dog is taken care of, back under the covers for me.

Lana - how is your world? Pop by when you can.

Wave to all who follow. Will stop by later.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday

Massage was deep and a bit painful. Just got done icing my low back and right backside.:) Trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day.

Eating is better today. An egg and 1 slice of toast for breakfast. Asian cabbage salad and homemade chicken nuggets for lunch. Diet coke and water. I think supper is either going to be spaghetti made with spaghetti squash or taco cups made with wonton wrappers in muffin tins. (fairly low carb)

Not sure if I'm up to taking the dog for a walk. I could spend my day cleaning and dusting. A dog and 3 cats = always hair to clean up. I feel like shopping but not sure for what, other than groceries. I am making no progress on paying down debt. Spent $150 today on tae kwon do gear for DD and entry fees for an upcoming tournament.

Lana - let us know how you're doing when you have the energy.

Have a good day!

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options

Hi Girls~~

Checking in. All went well; I'm feeling better than I had expected, just tired. For a while I sat at the kitchen table and did some coloring.
    When in bed, I can only lay on my back for now though, which makes watching Netflix on my phone difficult.
    No real problems though.

Sending happy thoughts to all the doggies.
    I wonder what Tillie would make of the snow? Sara does Sacramento area ever get snow?
    Trying to imagine Tillie playing with the huskies!
    Well, make the $$$ while it's there on Saturdays.

Annie - Congrats on the weigh in, whichever day you settle on.
    Waves to Missy and Dawn~~

Stay warm everybody!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - So good to hear yer ok... glad you popped in.... don't overdo it and wear yourself down... you'll be up and going before you know it

Missy - glad the snow wasn't so much, this time. That is a lot snow!
    76 degrees here, today! Crazy weather! Only 50 tomorrow.. I'm not sure they looked at just one groundhog...

Annie - how is squash instead of noodles? Pasta is such a weakness for me...I just haven't tried the squash..

Yesterday was terrible for me...I didn't even think before I ate. Today is a little better.. got quite a bit of walking done...
    Kind of already slipped on no caffeine in the evening...I think I'll get back to it... the few nights I did good, I felt like I slept better...I still woke up tired and nauseated... but, I wasn't exhausted like I always am...

Well, I have no clue what's for dinner...

Check in later... have a great night all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - glad you stopped by, can you prop yourself up with pillows or use a chair to watch netflix??

Dog has no clue what snow is....it can snow every 13 years on the average and the last 2 times I saw it snow it was barely visible. Did not stick to ground

Cooking light cookbook has a breakfast toast with whole grain toast, ricotta and pistachios - I put ricotta on my list as I got 2 bags of unsalted pistachios today while buying Vitamin B12 and iron pills (iron pills at 150% only).

Luckily I have one frozen fried rice as I have no clue what to make for dinner -will have to consult new cookbook.... Edit- found a mushroom asparagus quiche recipe.....

Wishing all good eating choices for dinner.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I have a condition with my lower back: L3 L4 maybe L2, the disks in between can get really cranky (pinched nerves and leg numbness result) if I sit propped up in bed to watch TV, so I figured I'd better avoid that. However, I did get two movies in the mail on disk, so I will have to watch those propped up in bed. I'll just take breaks.
    Meanwhile I did try laying down onto my side, and that worked for a while.

Mushroom asparagus quiche sounds gooooood.

Dawn, I can't remember--why are you nauseous in the morning? What did doctor say? Sorry you have this to deal with.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - that toast sounds like a yummy recipe... something I never woulda thought of... must tell us how it is...

Lana -I am self diagnosing...I don't know the true reason I am nauseas...I read an article about Adrenal Glands and that was one symptom...(that is just one of several that I have) because I know I'm not eating right, I don't expect to feel 100% better... starting with no caffeine in evening, trying to eat more protein and less carbs... which has always been a huge struggle for me...

• arniedog74
    Options
    I have a question... does anyone know, if your feet are hurting to the point of burning, is that a sign of maybe missing some vitamin...they're even cramping...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning.

Dog is up and fed, which means I can jump under the covers again.

Dawn - Webmd is a good place to check for your feet question.

Will stop by later after errands are done. Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Oatmeal is cooking,

Lana - I know of people who have body pillows but they are not cheap and I am not sure that is a long term solution. Hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy your movies.

Dog walk then grocery store - eat breakfast first....
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I never think about Web MD.... thank you I will check it out...

Doggies woke me up... my girl is just an itchy mess... this is gonna be a rough summer, if we don't have more of a winter... feel so bad for her...so, got them all taken care of and snuggled back in bed, watching some mindless TV...

Check in later..
    Have a great Sunday
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dreary rainy Sunday here in the Big Apple. I am staying in today.

I slept like a rock last night! Yay.

Weigh in however was ghastly: Will blame the surgery for the baked goods and the 5 pound gain in 4 days.
    I think I can get out there walking in a few days. I'm allowed to do that.

Coloring and goofing off are the plans for the day. It seems I can lay on my sides now! Whoopie! Sara - I do have many pillows that I do use as "body pillows". They help enormously!

Lana

Today's weight: 240.6, I never thought I'd see the 240s again. Keeping calm.
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185 or 175?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Groceries, shower and now dishwasher going. Reading until Dishwasher done??

Got pre made pie crusts - in foil tins. Will have to go buy a pie pan - recipe for crust uses rice/cheese and egg.... so now I have 4 pie crusts in freezer - quiche down the road...... (they had a 2 for $XX price).

Hoping for a lazy day here will bake sweet potatoes and then use hot oven for quiche mid day.....

Lana- so long as you dont run out and eat based on the scale, you are in a good place. When the storm of your cancer/surgery lessens your body will cooperate. Please see below and know that you are still moving.

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit". Conrad Hilton.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sunday

Slept in and then picked up DS from college and went out for a brunch buffet. Ate way too much. I did check the scale this morning and had gained .4 lbs since Friday. Have decided Friday will be my official WI day. So, now the food-fest must end and back to eating right. DS is now asleep on the couch while I work on his laundry. :)

Back is feeling fairly good today. Need to do PT exercises soon. Waiting until I don't feel so full from brunch.

Have not seen any sign of neighbor's son who was supposed to fly in from CA yesterday. Hmmmm? I told DH to call the social worker tonight if we don't see any sign of him by then. Neighbor's dog will also need more food very soon. We will pick some up if necessary.

Younger two kids are not playing nicely today. It is irritating when the 6 year old behaves better than the 13 year old!

Looking forward to a quiet day.

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - it is ok to have a day where you don't worry so much about what you eat, or the number of calories for the day... just get back on track, tomorrow is a new day...

Hope there's signs of neighbors son, soon.. surely he will be there to help his mom, even if it's just to get her in a home closer to family... and, care for her dog that I know she loves and I'm sure is terribly confused...I feel horrible for the pets, they don't understand when their loved ones aren't well....

Have a good Sunday
  • LauraWest26
    LauraWest26 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone, just looking through some of the many comments everyone seems so lovely
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Welcome @LaurieWest26 this is a very lovely group... only support and encouragement here! Stop by when you can..

- Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Quiche turned out very well, so now that I have 3 more pie crusts waiting......

Enough calories left to have almond butter with granola after dinner.

Annie glad you found a good weigh in day. Monday helps reign the weekend a little. Keep the social services posted on the neighbor - thank you for being such a good neighbor for her.

Lana - hope you are resting well.

Time for dog walk - wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Monday Feb 13th

Good morning everybody~~
    Just checking in.

Hello to Laura!

I get to take a full head to toe shower today~~how cool is that?

Lana