Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Ding a ling neighbor woke me after midnight last night so I was awake for awhile. Luckily dog let me sleep in.

Groceries, laundry, roast vegetables, make quiche or lemon chicken skillet dinner. I will have to freeze a couple meals.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

Sunday checking in.

Crabby.
    Couldn't fall asleep, then woke up too early.
    Going to go out for a stroll; the sun is out. Time to take advantage of that.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Pretty terrible diet weekend so far. All of our kids were gone from Friday night to Saturday night. DH and I were basically on a date for 24 hours, which was fantastic. We had appetizers and drinks, went to a movie, went out for lunch the next day, went shopping, took a walk, and went out for drinks and supper on Saturday night before picking up the kids. I would have stayed out of sweets but he sabotaged me with candy! Grrr!

Happy to say we took the dog for a 1.4 mile walk yesterday. Slow place. My leg/hip/back did okay. Tried out some elliptical trainers yesterday but I think that really angered my joint, so will not be buying one for now.

Just got done sweeping and vacuuming main floor of house. And dusting. Have to take youngest DS shopping for jeans this afternoon. He has put holes in every pair he owns! Probably time to go up a size anyway.

Too many carbs already today. Hoping for another walk. Like NY, MN has sun today and temps in the 50's. Planning a healthier supper of grilled hot dogs (no bun for me) and salad. Hoping to make veggie cups for breakfast tomorrow. Encouraging DH to eat them for breakfast or at least bring along to work as late breakfast or lunch.

Really have to stop making excuses and just buckle down or spring/summer clothes won't fit.

If you focus on results, you will never change.
    If you focus on change, you will get results.

During Sunday School class today, teacher talked about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Realize that is what I'm doing with my diet.

Enjoy your day!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Done with errands, dog did well at vet, back in another 30 days, she is under 10 pounds which puts her at overweight but not obese.....

Laundry, knitting, cooking. What to do with the beets I got Friday?? Roast is easiest......

Love all this walking - sun was out but cloudy. Father in SF going to Museums and he said it stopped raining, so coming my way......

Will stop by later
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    77 Degrees today.... too bad I'm such a hermit to get out and enjoy it...
  • ASalner
    Options
    Forgot to say elderly neighbor, her dog, her son, and her daughter-in-law left last evening to drive back to California. I actually shed a few tears. A mixture of relief and sadness. Son will be back in a couple of months to clean the house and put it up for sale. We will keep an eye on the house for the time being.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Annie- it makes sense that you would be emotional. You care for her and her pup. I hope that you hear from the son, to know they are well. You have done a wonderful thing. She was lucky to have you and your DH to help.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

May forego the quiche and just have eggs for dinner a couple nights a week.

Annie - glad your neighbor is on her way with dog, she has had so many changes in her life recently that the dog will be a comfort. You and your family have been great neighbors. Walking is my one form of exercise (cleaning house counts too in the exercise log), glad you were able to have a nice long walk without a bad after effect.

Dawn, I stayed inside most of the day watching movies/dvd and knitting. It rained a good part here, but nothing wrong with hiding out for a day/weekend.

Lana - hope your day went better and getting out in the sun helped. Nice cup of hot chocolate??

Dog is ready to go out and I will call it a night soon. Fell asleep after having hot chocolate and curled up with dog in blankets. Luckily way to spend time.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • cfausset85
    cfausset85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is like my umpteenth time and my second MFP account due to not being able to log in to my first account anymore.

Anyway, I weigh about 219, my high weight is 235. Last year I lost about 45 pounds, gaining all but 10 of it back. I began meal prepping again yesterday and am really wanting to stick with it. I have a killer leopard print swimsuit that is two sizes too small that I hope to fit into sometime in the summer.

I gained a bunch of weight back because I let my anxiety and depression get the best of me. My son was diagnosed with a digestive/allergic disorder, my phobias of storms (I live in Oklahoma) got really bad and a lot of stuff happened in my personal life that sent me spiraling into comfort foods, insomnia and poor planning again.

I just invested $50 into meal prep containers and loaded up on lean meats and veggies and nutrition packed whole grain foods during our last shopping trip. Plus, with good psychiatric care, I feel good about this round.

If I can take a positive view on falling off the wagon, at least I know since I've done it before, there is no excuse as to why I can't do it again.

I hope to gain some friends by posting here. And I hope to offer some support too if I can.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ASalner wrote: »
    Forgot to say elderly neighbor, her dog, her son, and her daughter-in-law left last evening to drive back to California. I actually shed a few tears. A mixture of relief and sadness. Son will be back in a couple of months to clean the house and put it up for sale. We will keep an eye on the house for the time being.

Aw, good and sad at the same time. Things change in life--hard for me and many of us to deal with.
    It's a long way from Minnesota to California!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

cfausset85, Welcome !!
    That is a pretty photo of you.

This is a good group to hang out with. We are all of us having our ups and down.

Coincidently I too have a leopard print swimsuit that is currently 2 sizes too small. Hmmm. Maybe we can help each other!
    ( I am with you on the appreciation of good psychiatric care! )

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good morning,

Dog up and fed, this is what happens when I try and go to bed early, she gets me up earlier the next morning.

Hair apt and toes today took day off but it is also company holiday. Will make the chicken skillet dinner with red potatoes,mushrooms and lemon.

Cfausset, welcome. Stop by and post when you can. My bathing suit was so old it fell apart. Just is. We can still keep you on the road to that bathing suit in the summer. Have you considered trying aroma therapy for storms? Our weather here in CA has been bizarre this year and thunderstorms normally dont happen, but we have had it all. Funnel cloud sightings and thunderstorms with hail. Lavender is an excellent relaxing aroma. Essential oil is harder to find (online think Amazon or a natural food store) or candles scented Lavender. Rose scent also works and Vanilla extract (not artificial)- wear like perfume is not as effective but if you have nothing else in your house.....There is also a Lavender Tea that is used to settle the stomach like Chamomile - Lavender has been used since the Middle Ages by herbalists (just a fun fact).

Dog is taken care of. Raining until Wednesday, so they say. Back to bed. BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Weigh in - no changes up or down this week. Victory for me in a way.
  • ChelseaSmile22
    ChelseaSmile22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have heard the term serial starter and that is exactly how I feel. But I am looking for some motivation and support to make this my last start to Learning how to live, cook and be active and healthy. If anyone is lookign for someone to also cheer them on and celebrate the Non Scale and Scale victories big or small. Add me as a friend.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi all! :)

haha, I'm so glad I found this post. I'm a serial starter... have been since I was 12, and I'm now 30... I've gotten a close to "goal" but never seen what it looks like. I've gained quite a lot back after that, and I'm closer to my highest adult weight (220) than to my lowest (160) and I'm looking to get back on track. I think I'm at 195 or so, but I need to weigh on Saturday and keep with that.

I've had no motivation but I think I just need to push myself. Usually losing weight in the first week is enough to keep me going.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - congrats on the good weigh in! Steady as she goes.....

Welcomes to the new peeps!

Gotta get going. BBL.

Lana

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Today's weight: 240.8
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • cfausset85
    cfausset85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tilliesmommy, I'm actually very scent sensitive. Almost all strong scented candles, oils, perfumes and potpourris give me severe headaches and lavender actually makes me ill- sick to my stomach. I have been seeing a massage therapist for my tension and stress which I carry nearly exclusively in my neck and shoulders.

I have been practicing deep abdominal breathing exercises during my stormy stress panic attacks. And we hope to get a dog soon as a therapeutic addition to our family, and as a furry companion.

LanaCabana- yay for swimsuit twinkies! And thanks for the compliment. I typically take 30+ selfies and choose two or three to keep haha.

bsbprincess- same here. Seeing the scale drop in the first couple weeks helps tremendously to keep me on track. What's been harder than anything is just to get going again. I was so extremely motivated before and then just retreated and withdrew from everything and everyone.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    cfausset85 wrote: »
    bsbprincess- same here. Seeing the scale drop in the first couple weeks helps tremendously to keep me on track. What's been harder than anything is just to get going again. I was so extremely motivated before and then just retreated and withdrew from everything and everyone.

I understand that all too well! I struggle with anxiety and depression sometimes. I guess I'm sort of lucky that they're always sparked by something so it's not a constant thing. I just need to be more healthy in my ways of working through those times. Today has been great so far: A P90 workout, a 30 min walk, sticking to calories, and loads more water than I have been drinking

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Set off smoke detector cooking dinner. Dog does not appreciate it. Luckily it did not blare long.....

Back to work tomorrow = yawn.

Cfausset - hope a therapy dog helps. Massage therapy - good for you!

Welcome bsbprincess and ChelseaSmile - we started 2017 with questions of day/ week. They will pop up again soon. Stop by and post when you can.

Rain rain rain, last full day of it for awhile. See sunshine icon in weather report. Just grateful.

Lana - mailing card tomorrow, which means maybe Saturday.

Might be crowded with all the newbies under Lana's Palm Tree tonight, but the Cabana Boys have been bored for too long - stop by and and lounge near Lana.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Terrible, horrible cold hit me yesterday with a vengeance. I spent a lot of the day on the couch and even took a nap (which I never do). So much for getting a lot of stuff done on my day off! I did do my PT earlier today. Managed to do 1 mile on the treadmill tonight and a little faster than yesterday, but still pretty slow. Lots of water on board along with one cup of hot chocolate. No other sweets for the day. Not much appetite.

Hoping to pay a few bills tonight and do some additional stretching for hip and back.

Swimsuits! I will need a new one this year but would like to see 10 lbs off before I go shopping. Sigh.

Have a good evening.
    Annie