Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, posted but maybe didnt hit post reply?? Lost 0.8 which considering my week is a gift.

Dont realize how nice bathing is until you cant. Enjoy Lana.

Will lurk from work.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Waves to everyone!

Lana - Yay for shower! That's a huge step!

Sara - Congrats on weight loss! Always good to see numbers go down...

No plans for today... just hangin with the pups...

Picked up some B12, yesterday.. hope it does something for me.... guess I'll see...

Be back later...
    Have a good day
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good Evening,

Missy!! What great news! :) So happy for you. Glad you can celebrate with your fiance. When does it start? Having a "normal" work schedule is such a nice change. I worked retail and wow, it does take a toll.

Heating quiche in toaster oven. Have a snack of granola and pistachios for later.

Someone left a bag of chocolate hearts on my desk. They stay unopened. Another lady brought a bag by, could I keep them for her?? Child in me said "what am I your mother?" but as I have 4 bags in there already, what's one more????

Wishing all a great evening. Will be in Hammock under Palm Tree watching squeaky clean Lana in her lounge chair - who is probably sleeping after her shower.

• arniedog74
    Options
    Missy - Congrats! I know that will be a huge stress relief for you... enjoy that heart shaped cake! You deserve it!

Sara - stay strong with the candy...SO got me a box... no matter how many times I ask him not too, he just can't help it...I am not being as good... just gotta log it and move on...

Lana - hope your shower relaxed you and you are able to rest well...

Somehow, I got my Macros dead on, but not near enough Calories... not sure how I did that.... or, what to do about my calories...

Well, time to head to bed...
    Everyone have a good night..
    - Dawn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options

oiihhzbj84gd.jpeg

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Stupid early TUESDAY morning~~

I couldn't sleep, so I am up knitting for a while, then back to bed.

Sara - Congratulations on the great weigh in!

Missy - Big, big congratulations on the promotion and daytime hours! This must be thrilling and a big relief too!

Waving to Dawn~~~

Happy Valentine's Day to All who lurk or stop by~~

Sara? What do The Boys have in store for us at Happy Hour today?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Lana - you were up early, dog wakes me up when she wants outside....last night it was around 12. Which is why I go to bed so early....

Dr. appointment today. Hoping for a better result than last time. I have hot chocolate waiting as a reward for going.

I hope to be curled up with a hot water bottle tonight, so I will have to send the memo to the Cboys out around lunchtime.

Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Weekend was pretty much a train wreck, except for the deep tissue massage that has really helped my back and hip. :) Yesterday was better, except the girl scout cookies arrived! Sigh. Must get back to tracking and focusing. I'm afraid I'm going to go to my doctor appt in April with a 10 lbs gain! Slacking on PT since things are feeling better, but reminding myself I need to keep at it even when referral ends in order to try to avoid this flaring up again. I may have to consider adding massage once or twice a month to help prevent future flare ups, as well.

Today should be pretty good. Potluck at work but I am skipping that as I have to go home and let the dogs out. Found out yesterday that neighbor's son will not be leaving California until Wednesday and is driving to Minnesota. I'm guessing we will see him Friday. DH left him a message yesterday but got no response. We learned the travel news from the social worker, who got it from the hospital. Bought more food for the dog as she was running out. Leaving the receipt for neighbor and her son but doubting we'll be reimbursed. And that's okay.

I was kind of hoping we would get to keep the dog but my gut-feeling is that they will take her with them. :( Now I have the itch to get another dog but honestly, we don't need any more hair in the house! So, I'll put it out of my mind. I just think my dog would like a playmate.

DH gave me a cute little "Outlander" inspired bracelet for Valentine's Day even though I told him "no gifts". My mom says "He's smart enough to know that you love when he gives you a gift after you say 'no gifts." :)

Missy - congratulations on the promotion!

Sara - congratulations on the great WI. Good luck at the doctor today.

Better get some work done! Will lurk from work.

Annie

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dr apt went okay, got BP to come down below 140/90 at the dr office (no small thing). Hot chocolate on tap for dessert.

Lady from another department left a bag of goodies for me for Valentine's Day - mostly not food. Cutest little pink dog. It is not a dog toy and it is staying at work. What my dog doesnt know wont hurt her.

Dog walk, knitting and maybe a little reading.

Oh - I did hear from the Cboys - chocolate Fondue tonight under Lana's Palm Tree.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sign me up for chocolate fondue!
    Happy Valentine's Day to all!
    Today wasn't too bad... we had Subs for lunch, lotsa veggies...
    Very surprised stepping on scale, today... down 1lb! Didn't think I was doing so good... guess I did something right... now, if I could just figure it out and keep it up...

Sara - glad Dr appt was ok... yer secret is safe with us...we will never tell Miss Tillie about other dog in your life..

Lana - hope you were able to get some more rest...

Annie - sure hope neighbors son gets there, soon... how can he not already be there? I just don't get people...I hope if he takes dog, he does care for her... hate to think he'd give her up...

Off to find something for dinner...
    Check in later....
    Have a good evening
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh, Annie - Dawn has a good point. Maybe you could let the neighbors know that you'd be interested in taking the dog, if no one in the family is able to care for it. They won't know unless you say something.

Sara - Chocolate fondue - a brilliant idea, along with massages and pillow fluffing.....the best!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Valentine's Day fall out- chocolate everywhere!! :s Only had hot chocolate yesterday, but not sure how saintly I will be today.

Get to stand up in department meeting and give reflection - Director admin assist was my neighbor until recently so she asked if I would.

Paper just hit and dog is letting me know, time for dog's "paper dance".

Hang in there. I will lurk from work.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - stay strong! If you eat a piece or 2, it's ok... just put the bags out of sight... the chocolate will not win!

Have a good day everyone!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2017
    Options
    *only one eye open......*

...morning Ladies

Yesterday I figured it out: I am allergic to the antibiotics they gave me! Took the last one of the 5-day course this morning. That is done. Last night I took a Zyrtec antihistamine to counter the maddening itching everywhere.

Weight is at 241.0 this morning. My ship must turn around today. No salty foods; no crappy sweets.

BBL - In the Loop! needlework group today at MSK.....

Waves to Dawn, encouraging pats on back for Sara and meeting at work.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Feeling very disappointed in myself today. Just so mad/sad that I gained back these 10 lbs and that I am making no headway on losing them again. Letting stress get the better of me.

I know how to do this. Why can't I stick with it???

And then I get stressed that none of my spring/summer clothes are going to fit. :(

Sorry for the pity party.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - at work so short message. Start with one habit that you can change.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - I know that feeling all to well...I get so excited when I lose weight, then I gain most of it back, then I can't get the motivation to do the right thing... it's so hard.. no matter how much I tell myself I can do it, I just get stuck... like Sara said, change one thing...I have yet to try that myself...I'm good at saying what to do, not so much at doing it myself... don't beat yourself up... don't give up... you will figure it out and will feel so much better when you do...

Check in later....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Quiche in toaster oven. Long shower after dog walk.

Annie - when you get stressed and want to eat - can you do something else? Knit/read/call someone? Just a thought.

Lana - drink more water and flush that stuff out of you, I hope your anti-itch medicine is working.

Will be snoring in the hammock soon- wishing all a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - here is one for you.

If you focus on results, you will never change.
    If you focus on change, you will get results.
    Jack Dixon.

Something for all of us to ponder.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Annie - here is one for you.

If you focus on results, you will never change.
    If you focus on change, you will get results.
    Jack Dixon.

Something for all of us to ponder.

Sara - this is a brilliant jewel we all need right now.

My change will be an experiment in fighting the urge to have sweet baked goods and chocolate (rewards and soothing items)
    I am going to get some hot chocolate in packets. (I did this down in NC but not here.)
    Then the change will be to look to having the hot chocolate as the dessert/treat/whatever at the end of the eating day (another change) instead of the big brownie, almond croissant, and chocolate cookie that I bought today at Pret A Manger "to make myself feel better" Gah.

Keep swimming......keep swimming.......keep trying......

Lana