Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Side note: Sara has 666 posts! :o>:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Lana - I can almost top that - my weigh in was 166.6---- easy to remember.

Also if you track the money you dont spend on such luxury desserts, because you wont have them as often, you can then put the $$ aside for a non food treat.....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - what a coincidence with the numbers in your weight! Spooky.

You are right about the $$$ spent. These binges of mine are never inexpensive. But, like drugs, at the moment that it's happening, no non-food treat in the world can over-power the craving for the food treat.
    And the worst of it all is that I have been having a chocolate craving, but it is almost impossible to find a well made chocolate baked item. They all have almost no true chocolate flavor. So even for all of my distress about going off plan and buying something I shouldn't eat, it doesn't even satisfy me, because there's no real chocolate. Gah.

I WILL figure this out.

Off to bed with me......Good night everyone~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Lana - I can help you with your dilemma - chocolate is never as good in a baked form - why? because it is diluted with something else, hot chocolate is probably the only exception I will make to that rule. So go and get yourself some excellent hot chocolate that you can take home and make and eat a piece of fruit with your hot chocolate.

As for 666 we were all at that number or will be - but thank you for bringing it up.

Woke up right before the thunder started, not something we get here- so dog too spooked to got outside. I hope that changes before I go to work. What a year of weather we have had- these weather forecasters will remember this year well - what a shame they cant be more accurate.....

Off to take care of breakfast. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - What you say makes sense about hot chocolate. The only chocolate dessert I've ever had is some flourless chocolate mousse thing in a restaurant on 46th Street, and even though it is far from fancy, I cannot afford to eat there except maybe once every other month. The owner gets her cakes from some supplier in New Jersey, so I am "safe" Ha Ha.

I will investigate making my own hot chocolate mix, as then I can control how much sugar is in it. I do not care for the artificial sweeteners available in the mix packets......

Plastic surgeon check up today, then breast cancer group therapy: good stuff.

I need to plan today's meals.
    B: Eggs; L: salad; D: meat/mushroom gravy/veg is the basic sketch

BBL

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Lana

Today's weight: 240.0
    All time high: 245.6
    Lowest with Serial Starters: 208-ish
    Goal: 185 or 175
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Good PT appt. Making progress. Of course, it feels irritated after doing all of the exercises but should relax soon enough.

Scale back up 1 lb, so not holding out hope for a good WI tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind words yesterday. The sweets and breads are my downfalls. I really need to find a way to cut-back or cut out wthout feeling so deprived. Liking the idea of having a treat (sugar-free chocolate pudding or hot chocolate) in the evening as a dessert/reward for staying on track. Will explore that idea more.

Plan for today is not so good. Breakfast was an egg and a piece of toast with PB. Coffee with sugar-free cramer. Lunch will be an asian cabbage salad mix (little or no dressing) and possibly an egg for some protein. Supper is a meal called "Chicken Yum" which is chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, cheese, and stuffing on top. Will have steamed green beans with that. I have had one salted caramel today and one girl scout cookie. Planned snacks are cucumber slices, pepper slices, and string cheese. Lots of water.

My brother is also on a fitness and weight-loss journey. He posted on Facebook last night how consistency is key. He went through a 15 day stretch of weighing daily and tracking all of his food and exercise. The scale didn't budge for 15 days. But now it's going down again. It was a good reminder for me.

Good luck with your follow-up appt, Lana!

More later.
    Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - before the day gets away - good luck with dr visit and your group therapy....

purchase European hot chocolate mixes - they do not use artificial sweeteners as they are into richness and not sweetness. American culture leans towards sugar - so if you make your own there is a Dutch brand Droste cocoa that is just the cocoa and you have to make yourself - most of the boxes I have seen are just the cocoa -

Annie - one meal at a time.

will check in later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - My grocery store has a very poor selection of such things, and I went there before getting home to see your post. They had only Hershey's and Ghirardelli, so I bought the Ghirardelli 8 ounce resealable packet of 100% unsweetened cocoa. The only ingredient is the cocoa, and it has hot chocolate recipe on the back: it says 1 1/2 TBSP of cocoa, one cup of milk, and 1 1/2 TBSP of sugar.
    So, I will make mine with one teaspoon of sugar, taste it and see if I can get away with that or only 2 teaspoons of sugar.

My group therapy was good today, but it goes to show that some women are going through so much worse things than I am.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Ghiradelli is a good brand - enjoy.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Quiche for dinner, sound familiar?? Coworker left a bag of lemons on my desk so I am trying the skillet chicken with lemon dinner (four servings) this weekend from Cooking Light cookbook.

Rain, rain, rain - oh wow what a year. I got really lucky and it was not raining walking to/from work and I was grateful.

Crawling over to hammock under Lana's Palm Tree and bringing Miss T - she got into a growling match with a dog that is normally friendly - but there was food on the ground the other dog wasnt allowed to "have" making her kranky. Luckily no dog was injured - but will walk up to this dog slower next time.

Snoring soon, wishing all a great evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Quiche! You girls are lucky!

Now I want quiche....will buy it though. I don't have enough energy to actually make one. Come to think of it, I've never made a quiche in this apartment. My oven is where I have to keep many pieces of cookware. I'd have to put it all on the bed to use the oven. Oy!

Meanwhile, I have discovered my new favorite special drink: Poland Spring makes a strawberry flavored seltzer (no sweeteners, no calories) the strawberry flavor seems to give it some sweetness, and then I put a maraschino cherry in it. Looks good. Breaks up the monotony of always drinking plain water.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF!! I work 4 hours tomorrow but not until 10am, so I can get all my errands done before hand. My dental work will be costing me a pretty penny and so this will help a little.

Got my fruit/veg box. I wont be taking sweet potatoes to work as it isnt freezing at my workspace anymore. But I did get sweet potatoes in my box. Fry them up with sausage and have with eggs....

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Glad you have the possibility of getting some OT. Yes, dental work is staggeringly expensive.

For me, the scale is heading back down; I guess the stuff in my system from surgery is clearing away!

Today's weight: 238.8
    Goal: 185?
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I like this so much, I think I will repost it often. Sara, thank you for bringing it to Cabana Beach.

If you focus on results, you will never change.
    If you focus on change, you will get results.
    Jack Dixon.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - good job!! Go Lana, Go Lana.

Quiche for dinner and lunch (at work) tomorrow. One more piece left after that. Next recipe is lemon chicken serves 4.

Glad I have Monday off as a holiday - I took it off for my hair/nails, so it worked out.

Tired. Want to sew the knitting I have done this week to complete the hats, but eyes are too tired. So maybe read/knit a little.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed.

Wind took down a couple branches in the trees outside my place, as far as I can tell nobody/nothing was hurt. The 2 trees grew into each other and so the wind finally took the branches down.

Back to sleep. Regular errands on tap. Taking lunch to work to limit snacking. Will stop by after work later.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everyone!

Sara - have a good half day at work. See you at the Healthy Happy Hour with The Boys.

Missy - Must give credit: Sara found that excellent quote. Pats on back to you for getting to that gym three times this week. That is huge, especially in the winter time.

Into the shower with me. Breakfast with my friend James at the diner this morning. A good start to the day with no cooking or dishes to do.

*hat and bag on favorite chair for later*

Lana

Today's weight: 239.8
    Goal: 185
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lana - I have a dare for you - make 2 quiches - why 2?? The ready made pie crusts are usually 2. Share one with your friend James. You could almost halve the salt intake by making it yourself. You have better control over salt if you make food yourself.

Hoping for nap time with dog. Back later.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sara - So true about the salt and the quiches. Years ago, I used to make quiches; they had the cheese and the bacon and the onion, and they were cholesterol monsters. Now, though I should look for recipes that are more mild and loaded with vegetables and lower fat cheese and maybe somehow less eggs. I had better do this soon, before April or May when it will get very hot in the apartment.

I so want to go splashing in the health club pool. I think I have another 4 weeks to wait to do that. The incisions are still quite new. Going to look at the calendar.........
    Poo.......March 25th. MARCH! Gah.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lana - you can make a vegetarian quiche using 2% milk and low fat cheese. The Cooking light recipe used the lower fats milk and cheese and I did not miss it. The "monster" in your former quiche was probably the full milk/cream and bacon.

4 weeks is not too long.....

My first chemotherapy hat that I knitted turned out okay. I have a lot of dark brown so I figured to make a hat the color of someone's hair, might be a good thing. Started #2 today.

Time to curl up with Miss Tillie. Wishing all a great evening.