Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a swim suit.... in about 5 yrs... although I was smaller, I still was incredibly self conscious...I've not been comfortable in swim suits since I was too young to know I should care... this year is not looking too promising, either...
  • cfausset85
    cfausset85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I haven't worn a swim suit.... in about 5 yrs... although I was smaller, I still was incredibly self conscious...I've not been comfortable in swim suits since I was too young to know I should care... this year is not looking too promising, either...

I used to feel that way. Since I was a chubby kid, I would wear a sports bra, baggy t-shirt and a pair of oversized shorts instead of a swimsuit. Been that way for years. A couple summers ago, I avoided the swimming holes and pools altogether. But that meant my kiddos missed out too. I found myself feeling guilty and a little selfish when we wouldn't go to the pool parties my daughter was invited to. So I went and bought myself a very flattering halter swim top and comfortable swim shorts. I probably took my kids to the pool once a week last summer and it really was a relief to stop caring about what I thought other people might be thinking about me, and to just enjoy the time with my family.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    cfausset85- shorts and t-shirt are always my "go to" swim attire... sadly, we live at the Lake, but very seldom swim... sometimes we go to the Creek... if I had little ones, I would hopefully not be selfish and deny them enjoying a swim...I would prolly take them, yet never get in the water, myself...I tell myself all the time that I want to get a suit that will cover me, yet I will feel comfortable in...I just can't cover my legs enough.. they are my biggest concern, next to my belly...
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »

oh my gosh, same here! I LOVED swimming as a kid, but once I hit my teenage years I was too uncomfortable to wear any sort of suit. I'd be so happy to get comfortable enough to wear at least small swim shorts and a tankini or something. This won't be my summer, I can guarantee that, lol. I am, however, hopeful that next might :) And if nothing else, this year I'd like to at least be more comfortable in t-shirts and *gasp* maybe even decide to wear shorts
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Back to work day. Lost post looking back, luckily it was not an essay.

QOTD: What will be your focus today in your weight loss journey??

AOTD: Exercise. Rain has shortened dog walks and so I need to get my regular walking back in place.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options

Good morning everyone! Sara - thank you for the QOTD.

AOTD: Pre-planning my food. I do well if I lay it out for the day on paper in the $2 composition book-journal.

*tossing handwritten journal and beach bag onto favorite chair next to Miss Tillie's (her's has the umbrella).*

BBL

Today: 240.8
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Cold is still kicking my patootie. Probably should have skipped eye makeup today. Eyes are watery and can't stop sneezing and blowing my nose. Ugh. But I am at work.

AOTD: Pre-planning and pre-tracking my food for today.

Back/hip/leg are irritated today. Probably too much walking this weekend (which doesn't mean I walked a lot and it was all slow - but body isn't ready for it yet.) Feeling very impatient today with this SI joint of mine!

To add insult to injury, that "time of month" appeared this morning. :( The only good news with that is I'll have an excuse to break down and take ibuprofen if cramps or headache get too bad. (Have been trying to avoid it with back issues and trying to deal by stretching instead.)

Will lurk from work. At least the sun is shining. Have a good day!

Annie

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie~~

Sending healing vibes up north-west to you. Your cold will hang around only a few days.

Lana
  • cfausset85
    Options
    AOTD- light exercises. I pulled a muscle in my back a couple weeks ago when it spasmed sporadically and I could barely even walk the first couple days after. I haven't been released to do anything hardcore yet but I can get in a little walking this afternoon since we will have such bizarrely nice weather for the season. That in addition to my housework should keep me active through a chunk of the day. Also, I'm prepping frozen fruit bags for my lunch smoothies. I do better if I have a smoothie at lunch time. I can get a lot more of my fruit and veggie content in beverage form that way, plus some added protein. And it kills my sweet tooth for the rest of the day.

A Salner- I feel you girl. Cramps are the worst. Sending good vibes your way.
  • bsbprincess
    Options
    Sorry, I'm new :P What does AOTD mean? I'm sure it's clear as day but I can't figure it out
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sorry, I'm new :P What does AOTD mean? I'm sure it's clear as day but I can't figure it out

QOTD=Question of the day
    AOTD=Answer of the day
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Record high temps here this week... then, back to 40- 50's by the weekend... ugh... not sure they were looking at the right groundhog, when he said more winter... I'm ok with warm weather... just afraid summer is going to be more unbearable than last... gonna be hard on the doggies for sure..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Downpour this morning caught some people without umbrellas, they havent predicted any of this correctly lately.....
    At least no flooding for dog and her walks. Tonight may be another story

bsb - no dumb questions get asked here, glad you asked.

AOTD update - Got my minutes in this morning with dog and at work. I feel I am lucky if I can stay within 100 calories of goal.

Frozen Amy's Lasagna (light and lean) in oven. Wanted to make eggs/Canadian Bacon, but I already had my sweet potato for snack - and I am lazy tonight.

Annie - hope you are doing better tonight.

Lana - Are there any chairs under the Palm Tree in the shade? Sunlight is so blinding here because it has been so long and the air is finally clear.....My dog has her own umbrella?? Figures, my dog gets all the perks. That's what having a fan club is all about.

Miss T birthday is next month (11) - any ideas for dog gifts is appreciated.

Wishing all a good quiet/pain free evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Get to see what my supervisor has planned for me today in our monthly meeting.

#1 chemotherapy hat is done and I will show manager, she is talking to person in our Cancer Center tomorrow and I want her to see what I plan to donate - so nobody is misrepresented. #2 is halfway done.

Frustrated with my inability to get to next decade down on scale, I realize I am wearing a size I have not seen in almost 20 years and still fit into them. Each day if we do something towards our health, we will get there.

Hate to admit it, wouldnt mind a little eye candy walking by today. Will have to pay attention!

Wishing all a great day. Will lurk from work.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Sara - you are so consistent with your planning! Your focus is something I covet! You will get that scale down. I know you will.

On that note, I feel your frustration. But I know I have not been focused and have not stayed on track. Really trying this week. I wasn't perfect yesterday, using my bad cold and "time of month" as an excuse. When I finally tracked the damage the sugar was way too high. (Fully-loaded pop will do that to you.) Headache again today but will try diet pop with caffeine to see if that helps. I switched to decaff coffee and I think that is part of why I'm getting these headaches in the morning - along with the sinus pressure from the cold.

Still feel pretty crummy today. Wish I could have stayed home and rested. But saving sick time for when I might feel worse than this.

Back/hip have been kind of wonky again. Grrr. Feeling very impatient with the healing process. Also acknowledging that this seems to be a chronic problem and wondering if this flare up will ever actually go away? Some days are better than others. I had felt like maybe I had some answers and was on the road to recovery, but not so much today.

Nice weather yet today. A snowstorm moving in tomorrow night. :(

Make it a good day!
    Annie
  • bsbprincess
    Options
    Thank you, arniedog and tilliesmommy :)

Annie, feel better!

I'm afraid today will be exercise-free. On Monday I started P90 (not P90X, lol), and although it says beginner it's been a bit too tough for me. It feels more intermediate. We're talking walking push-ups on your toes, and the modifier isn't even going to her knees. Now I could do those on my knees but overall the starter workouts are a bit too tough. I'm limping around, and everything really hurts. I'm going to start a different program once I can do things freely again. I'm all for pushing myself and being sore, but 6 days a week of something that is clearly above my level doesn't feel smart.

Happily sticking to my calories still! I know I have lost in the past just calorie counting alone so I won't let this discourage me.

Hope you all have a great day :) And thank you to all the sweet welcome messages
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies~~

Flying through, getting ready for knitting therapy session over at MSK. Will walk there for exercise.

*tossing beach bag onto chair next to Miss Tillie, who, yes, has her own chair, umbrella, and team of Cabana Boys*

Will look for Eye Candy for Sara later.....

Lana

Today: 241.6
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie I had chronic back/ hip problems and I went to an expensive place (Good Feet Store) and was fitted for inserts in my shoes - I have had them for maybe 10 years and so just a thought.\

Shhh at work, BBL
  • cfausset85
    Options
    Agree with good fitted inserts and even good shoes for hip and back problems. Feet and knees too. It won't solve everything, but it is helpful when your arches or ankles are weak, as are mine.

I blew it on my sodium today and I really feel like I need to be more careful on that. I had pizza for lunch and am going to eat my prepped lunch for dinner instead (if I'm not too bloated to actually feel hungry) but I regret the lunch choice. Pizza and donuts are my enemy.

However, I've been released to exercise again but I really have to watch my form so tomorrow I'm starting my routine again. Gonna focus on that positive as opposed to my lack of will power around pizza.

bsbprincess- I'm telling you Zumba is a blast! It doesn't focus on strength so much but it still will have you aching and sweating. I do my calisthenics and strength training to upbeat music to really get me moving. It also helps that I have a 3 year old and 5 year old who like to cheer me on and sometimes get in there with me and try to do what I am doing. Haha. Remember that still muscles=stiff muscles. Try to stay moving, even if it is slowly. Do you have a foam roller?

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Leftovers for dinner. Tomorrow's special at work is Meatloaf on a stick with cheddar cheese potatoes. No clue how I will track = do the best I can and enjoy.

Mostly sunny today which is a wonderful change. Dog got a full walk this morning.

Will be in lounge chair under Lana's chair after dinner. No eye candy today = but maybe I wasnt looking??

Wishing all a great evening.