Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    AOTD: I blew it, today. Dang Girl Scout cookies... blah... not sure what's been going on with me, lately..I have not had much of an appetite for over a week, now...I get hungry, but barely eat anything, or feel nauseated after I eat... breakfast, lunch are protein or fiber bar... fruit snacks... biggest meal is dinner... and, it's really not much of a dinner... stress.. maybe? I really don't know...

Annie - hope you feel better..

Lana/cfausset85 - good luck with sewing! I just can't get the hang of it...I want to... brain just doesn't catch on...

I contacted an old friend of mine, today... she is a really good person and I really miss her.. it made me feel good, to know she thought of me, too..she was the person I went with, to my very first WW meeting..she had wonderful success, I did not..I hadn't spoke to her in 10 years... we both gained our weight back (I lost mine, 3rd time at WW) she mentioned, that she just joined WW again... she is very motivated and I believe she will do well... but, she is same as me... she struggles with doing it alone and her BF likes bigger girls..I told her about MFP... but, I don't think she is big into APP's... maybe, we can somehow keep each other on track... it's worth a try...

I also found out, that a cousin I love dearly, is currently over 200lbs...I knew she had never been able to lose her baby weight from her son, over 6 years ago... just didn't realize she had gained more... she will be 28, in April and is just barely over 5' tall... it worries me, as we have diabetes in our family..I just don't know how to mention it without her getting offended (her mom told me her weight) her mom told her she'd help her, but my Cousin is so stubborn and hard headed, she won't accept help..we have talked before...I try to give her suggestions, she acts like she listens... but, she truly doesn't...I just worry

Well, gonna veg out for awhile...
    May be back later...

- Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Dawn - making someone go on a diet is like leading a horse to water. Your cousin will have to get there by herself.
    Your friend from WW can still stop by and post here if that is something that would interest you/her.

Today I am eating a lot of dry cereal. Want something crunchy and I could do a lot worse.

Paycheck was better than my bad math, seems we get a little extra for doing weekend work - in addition to the overtime or straight time pay. Keeps those checks from bouncing.

Ground one of my plastic teaspoon measuring spoons in the garbage disposal and had maintenance man come out and pick out the pieces - luckily I didnt need a new disposal.

Found some nice glass food containers (plastic lid) to take Shepherd's pie to work this week.

Heading for the lounge chair under Lana's Palm tree. Snoring will start soon. Hope everyone has a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I agree.. with my Cousin, I think I just want so much more for her in her life... not just her weight... but, I think she would feel better about herself and maybe make better choices.. although, a lot of it has to do with her maturity level and I can't help with that, either..

As far as my friend..I will mention this group and how supportive everyone is... would be nice to have someone close to me (not geographically) support me and I can help encourage...

Shepherd's Pie sounds yummy... have not had that in a long time...

Glad you didn't need a new disposal! Those things scare me...

Have a good night, all!
    Sleeping in tomorrow!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning. Dog let me sleep in a little after our after midnight pit stop, so I am lucky. She just finished her first course (liverwurst with medication) she is still licking to make sure it is all gone and then she will be in here with me. Her 2nd course is her dry food / with water source in the bedroom.

Was always told not to put hands down garbage disposals, so I found the handle of what broke and then decided it was not in my best interest to do more.

Groceries then home.

Dental appointment tomorrow - made a snack using 2 cereals (the one cereal Cooking Light recipe used is too hard and it was annoying to eat so I bought a low sugar substitute), dried cherries and pistachios (used raw almonds instead - recipe says that is one serving (6 cups of food??) I made one serving 2 cups. Tempted to drizzle chocolate on top, but it stands well without it. I mention the dental apt as I am not sure the dried cherries will be my best friend with temporary crowns..... Hence the shepherds pie for meals.

Will stop by later, dog is done and with the clear skies, it has gotten colder again, back under the covers.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

CF - I love hearing about your "haul" at the church yard sale! I can just imagine the feeling of getting a stack of good fabric for a fraction of the retail cost, plus the proceeds go to the church. What could be better?

Dawn - Glad to hear about your old friend. It's good to be in contact with someone who is motivated - It can be contagious in a very good way. As for your cousin, hopefully one day she will find her footing for weight loss and exercise. We can never know what turmoils go on deep in another person's mind that drive their eating behaviors.

Only possibly a physician can pull off telling a person that they need to exercise and lose weight. I wish more doctors would do that and try to "reach" people. I would have liked to have heard that. Decades ago, when I was only at 185, my new cardiologist asked me (didn't TELL me) "do you feel that you are overweight at this 185?" I said "no, not really" *slap forehead* DUH! Of course I was overweight at 185, even at 6 feet tall. I was oblivious! I should have been 170 at most back then.
    Gah!

Sara - Regarding your garbage disposal: IF it is bugging you that there's still broken pieces down in there, is the circuit breaker panel for your apartment IN your apartment? If so, turn off the circuit breaker for the disposal, test that the power is indeed off, and take a flashlight and safely go digging in there. Garbage disposals are weird, dark, scary places, but a bright flashlight can help that.

Time for shower and brunch here at home.

Lana

Today: 240.2
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185 or 175?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - maintenance man took care of disposal he has pliers and flashlight. Said the motor sounded okay and smaller pieces just get processed through. Brunch at home? Jealous - details and did James join you?? Did you get a card?

Got all the ingredients for Shepherd's Pie. Store I have gone to for a long time has a new "parent owner" and I have not purchased ground beef in a long time - wow was that a wake up. They no longer sell 90% lean.... found 85% like the recipe called for and considered myself lucky.

CF - I second Lana's comment, win-win- win. Someone got to clean out space, church made money and you know how lucky you were and will make wonderful things.

Herb tea this morning, may have to cut back on coffee for a while...

• LanaCabana537
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sara - as of yesterday, no card yet. It's NYC, and mail delivery stinks. Probably Monday!
    Are you anywhere near a Trader Joe's? They sell 96% lean ground beef.

Brunch was just me. Nothing fancy, it's just that I was eating it more towards lunch time, so I called it brunch and it sounds better. ;) Two fried eggs with some sautéed onions and melted shredded cheese on top, OJ; milk, english muffin with peach/applesauce on top, coffee.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2017
    Options
    All this talk of shepherds pie has me thinking I may toss together an improvised Lazy Lana's shepherd's pie sort-of dish and nuke it. I have in the fridge the aforementioned ground beef, already cooked. There's Bob Evans mashed potatoes. I have cooked carrots, corn, onions, and I have some leftover gravy. Hmm....dinner is planned, now to count and track the calories!

Thank you for the inspiration Sara!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - I will see my Cuz in April...we always get on weight loss topic... so, I will try to give her thoughts...I know, it's all up to her... but, if she brings it up, can't hurt to give ideas...

Sara- yer snack sounds yummy...I don't know if I could have passed on the chocolate...

Well... still struggling with Girl Scout cookies... ugh... hopefully, SO will eat them all quickly.... he's good at that & I don't mind...

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - !!! Girl Scout cookies!!! Oy! Some of them are real trouble. Good thing you have SO to hoover them up for you. :pensive:

Sara !! Upstairs neighbor just knocked on my door. Greeting card :) was mixed in with their mail.
    Thank you for happy face! :*

I took a walk over to the park/pier on the Hudson and watched the Norwegian Getaway sail away. IPhone says I walked 2.3 miles! Yay.
    Time to "window shop" a cruise on that ship. I've never cruised on NCL, but what could be easier than going on a ship that is right down the street, thus no flying? It's just a dream right now. I would have to lose at least 15 pounds: none of my cruise clothes will fit now. A motivating idea.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday

As usual, too much eating this weekend - especially with MIL's bday yesterday. Maybe if I would just work 7 days a week I could keep my diet in line. Even though scale showed a loss on Friday, I feel like my face looks rounder than ever.

Massage yesterday was good. DS in college is home this weekend and caused some drama on Friday night, so needed the massage on Saturday morning. Happy to say he has agreed to try a different therapist/counselor. He will call tomorrow to make an appt for when he gets back from his college choir trip. (leaves March 2nd and returns March 13th.) It is anxiety/depression, lots of negative self-talk, speaks/texts without thinking when he is upset or angry. He feels very alone and talks of nothing making him happy. Recent breakup is not helping and the drama Friday night was in relation to the breakup. He has finally blocked/deleted the girl's stuff from his social media and has sworn to have no more contact with her. Some of this is immaturity, but it's going to start causing him real trouble in real life if he doesn't learn to think before speaking or texting! I worry for him and try to support and make suggestions - but not make excuses.

Trying to make decision on what I want to do for Lent. No sweets/pop seems obvious if I can really make myself stick with it. Lose a specific # of lbs? Commit to reading a devotional each day?

Lana - I understand the clothes not fitting. I am worried about spring/summer clothes. Thus the need to set a # goal for weight to lose during Lent.

I hate to say it, but I brought some work home this weekend. Time to look at it.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Really wanted to do taxes before month end, but probably not considering. Just a matter of sitting at computer.

Shepherd's pie is good, probably should have thinned out the potatoes more, but still tastes good. Have my 2 lunch containers filled and cooling off.

Window is open and fan is on, it was sunny and I didnt want smoke detector to go off and it is nice to be able to air out

Lana - glad you got card, CVS has better cards.... just saying.

Recharging my mp3 player for Saturday work as I write.

I saw Girl Scout cookie cereal at the store and thought -wow what a sell out, but then so many things have changed.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    New GS cookie....S' Mores... so yummy! So bad...hahaha
  • cfausset85
    cfausset85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey all, woke up feeling like death this morning... made the mistake of accidentally leaving the windows open the other night when it fell below freezing after being in the mid 70's during the afternoon. At first it was just a scratchy throat and post nasal drip but now it is worse. Gonna get my neti pot out and nip this in the bud. I know my sinuses and at the smallest sign of anything, they will fill with nasty little bacteria unless I get it all cleaned out quickly.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the appeal of girl scout cookies? I sold them growing up and even then, I never really understood the craze. I loved the idea of teaching young girls about business and economics, which is what the sales of the cookies started out as, but nowadays, it's every mom and leader setting up shop in front of the big box grocery stores which teaches the kids absolutely nothing. Plus, the cookies are overpriced imo. Maybe it's my aversion to mint and chocolate together, and the texture of coconut. Samoas and thin mints used to be the best selling cookies and both were things I hated lol.

Sara- I snacked on cereal today too. I love crunch in my foods. Gotta have it!

• arniedog74
    Options
    cfausset85- sorry you're not feeling well.. hope you're better soon...I wish I didn't like the cookies as much as I do... thank goodness it's only once a year!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Fell asleep early and woke up not knowing if it was Sunday or Monday.

Weigh in - up a pound - that TOM just shake my head. I didnt have cycles like I do now when I started WW and now it is a whole different kettle of fish. One week at a time.

CF - I find if I dont run my humidifier I am in a mess too. Hope your Neti Pot does the trick.

I agree- the object of selling cookies is to help young girls learn skills not watch their mother's do it or have it be a contest as to which mother sells the best. One more thing- what skill do girls learn when their mother's take the list to work - act helpless and someone else will do it for you?? Nobody selling at work this year. Luckily - my coworkers know I buy and dont eat so they swoop down on me like vultures - another wonderfully learned habit.

Change subject, dental visit today. Hoping to get enough of an early lunch as my apt and time is right through my lunch. So I have my lunch salad and hope that works (praying no belching at dentist!!).

Will stop by when I can. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

Dentist appointment for me too. Checkup, full set X-rays, and night guard adjustment.

BBL

Lana

Today: 240.0
    All time high: 245.6
    Goal: 185 or 175?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

What started off as a small headache blossomed while doing my taxes - tylenol will be working soon.

Missy, put your OT money on something extra special for you. I know you are saving for wedding, but just a little something.....

Lavender oil, hot water bottle and dvd - extra fluffing for me cboys and extra brushing for Miss T please.....

Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - hope head feels better... taxes are good at causing headaches...

Missy - Sara has a good thought...you deserve something special for all you deal with at work...

Friend that started WW is having a hard time getting started... says it's more confusing than it used to be..we did the Point system...I liked that.. very simple... things always hafta change... not always for the good, either...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Missy! ca-ching! OT ;)

Sara - Jeez I hope you can chase that headache away!

Dawn - My favorite WW program is an old one they had in place in the late 1980s I think it was. Food was either a Milk, a Fat, a Vegetable, a Fruit, a Bread, or a Protein, and there were some "Floaters" each day, with the caveat that "Fat Doesn't Float". It was a simple way to make sure you had a balanced diet every day. You checked off boxes throughout your day. Simple, simple, simple.

Lana

*on lounger reading by the light of the tiki torches*