Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Filling up on water so I don't binge eat tonight after a crazy hectic day at work
  • tbudro
    tbudro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    karenleona wrote: »
    Filling up on water so I don't binge eat tonight after a crazy hectic day at work

Ditto!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @cellosmiles thanks for the recipe; reminds me of a frittata, which I love and you can make it so many ways. I love eggs and cheese, so anything with those 2 is a winner for me .

@RunningOnWontons I am terrible with TV shows; I get hooked up so easily and then I spent nights binging … right now I am watching Designator Survivor, but since I am staying on a temporary apartment I don’t have unlimited wifi, so I have to just watch a bit every day. My first night here because of the jetlag I watched like 8 hours of the show and sure enough I used the whole internet GBs of a month .. ouch! I am going to check out that show that you mentioned … hopefully by then I will have found an apartment and I have decent internet.

And I am the same with keeping in touch with people, then I get this guilt for not having written or called … so its not just you.

Welcome all new joiners and re-joiners! @skinnyjeanzbound I lived in Chicago for 6 years … not exactly in the city, but in the Ravinia area and I loved it! At first when I just got there I wasn’t sure about it because I was coming from NYC, but the area was so beautiful with the lake, the city is so nice and that “light” pizza called deep dish LOL … I do miss it! I have not been in a couple years, so hopefully I can go back sometime to see my friends.

I know I am late with my weight for last week, but here it is anyway as reference:

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 - 182.1
    3. May 10 - 181.0
    4. May 17 (*) - 177.8
    5. May 24 (*) - 176.5
    6. May 31 (*) -
    7. June 7 (*) -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.3
    Weight -/+ total: - 11.8

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato (and as regret to have discovered, amazing bread too!)
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Good morning! I took a MFP break but I did not realize two weeks have already flown past me! I am feeling it, too. It does make a difference as compared to when I am consciously tracking and planning meals over throwing it all to the wind. I know my weight will be up at this week's weigh-in.

So, my struggles are personal and they are impacting my ability to stay on track with this program. I feel a bit on the defeated end, if I am truthful. However, I'm not going to stay there long because its not going to change anything. So, I will get myself up, brush myself off and get going in a more positive direction. Nothing to do, but march forward. Today, will be a success. I will track. I will watch what I eat. We are going to my daughter's home for a small barbque. The husband wanted to grill, and so we will have chicken instead of burgers and hot dogs. I prepared a lite pasta salad. He bought potato salad and corn on the cobb. I will not eat either of those items, even though I would love them. I am also going to try and get a walk in with the grandson. So, I call that a success. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in. This mornings scale weight is 1 lb less than my start weight on 4/19. That means all that extra weight I had at this past Wednesday's weigh-in, plus a bit more, has left my system. Hope to never be seen again.
    I know that, given what went on the past 2 months, I won't reach my goal for this challenge ... but it sure would be great to finish up 10 lbs lighter than this morning.

It's Memorial Day here in the USA, and in my area it's raining. The rain is supposed to be gone by noon and then we are to have a bright and sunny day. I think it's appropriate that the sky is crying in the morning, as our flags fly at half-staff until noon, in memory of all the military that has died while serving.

The first war that really affected my awareness was the Vietnam altercation, later renamed Vietnam War. But I was born during the WWII and heard many details about it, both from my own family and from what was taught in school or published. War is hell.

What's hellish also is the laborious and difficult task of losing weight! But, like our military, I will prevail.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx I love politically themed shows. Sometimes it seems that reality surpasses the best that the writers of those shows can come up with, though! I've been meaning to watch that one.

@Nikion901 Yes, a very solemn day indeed. It is ironic, I think, that for many it just marks the beginning of summer. Definitely a day that should involve some introspection and rememberance. And I'm certainly feeling very thoughtful at the moment...I read the poem "In Flanders Fields" last night (I'm sure there are plenty of other, more original or personal, ways to commemorate the holiday, but I always read that poem to myself) and it just leaves you thinking. And so this morning I reflect on WWI and how that war changed Europe and our world forever.

Thank you to all veterans out there.
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Monday checkin

Feeling good today. My weekend finished strong and i made my step challenge goal. Had to do 1 extra walk last night just before midnight....but i made it !!!! Avg 10000/day. I did just over 71k for the week ;)

I just joined the fat2fit group challenge for June in this forum. So here is hoping between you AWESOME folks and that big group challenge..that i will pull off some more extraordinary weight losses for June!

My hubby flies home on June 27th. So i have just less than 1 month. Hoping for about 2lbs per week for the next 4 weeks! I know I can do it!
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started the thread late but I have my weigh-ins for the dates
    Start weight (week of April 19) 211.7 lbs
    Goal weight (Saturday July 1) 199.9 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    April 26 209 lbs
    May 3 208.3
    May 10 207.1
    May 17 204.9
    May 24 205.1
    May 31
    June 7
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 1

Weight +/- this week +0.2
    Weight +/- total -6.6 lbs
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Monday check in: Spent Saturday in the ER (first time in 22 years), thinking I had a UTI in my kidneys. It turned out that my kidneys were screaming because I was deydrated. Upon my temporary stay, they did find a small gallstone (it's not blocking anything) and that the muscles in my back are really inflamed, so they put me on muscle relaxers and pain killers. I can deal with the back pain, and thankfully since the 1000mL of IV fluids, my kidneys aren't screaming, but wow. What a day.

Weightloss is still bouncing in its plateau between 248 and 252. Been here for 2 months. Hopefully I break through and start losing again.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @JeanieWww --wow, glad you are okay! I hate those plateaus, but I like to think if them as my body "practicing" maintenance for when I finally reach my goal weight. :)

@cellosmiles --great job with the steps! I got a fitbit a few months ago, and I love the little reminders to move. I've found that on days when I'm working, I get about 7k in my normal routine and with a dog walk and a run, I'm at 10k. On the weekend, however, I'm much more sedentary--even with walking the dog and going for a run, I'm lucky to get 6k steps. On the bright side, now that the weather has turned nice, mowing the lawn gets me close to 19k on its own. :)

@RunningOnWontons --I teach "In Flanders Field" as part of a war poetry unit for my 11th graders--it's definitely the most patriotic of the 8 poems we study, though I love them all for different reasons. I LOVE "The Americans"! I binge watched it a couple of months ago to catch up with the current season. Another favorite is "House of Cards" which I just finished in time for the next season which begins tomorrow, I think. I've also been watching "Designated Survivor" since it began--I'm not sure that I'm loving it, but willing to give it a few more episodes before deciding to ditch it. I'm currently trying to avoid starting anything new until school is out in a couple of weeks. I suffer from insomnia, and like you and Niki, I will stay up until all hours watching a series once I get caught up in it.

@happygirlxxx --The area around Ravinia is beautiful--I have a couple of friends who live in Deerfield and I love their neighborhood. I cannot afford that Northshore zipcode on my teacher's salary, so we live a bit further west in Lake County north of Chicago. I grew up in the city though, so I still always say I'm from Chicago and that city holds my heart. If I could afford it and handle the commute, I would still live in the city proper.

@jande159 --welcome to the thread! I got your friend request, but as a HS teacher I have a very strict 21+ policy with all social media friend requests. It wouldn't matter anyways--I almost never post on the newsfeed or interact with MFP contacts outside of the this thread, so you miss my presence on your wall. :)

Monday Check-in:
    I spent Memorial Day at home doing some gardening. I have a bunch of hostas that needed dividing and re-planting, and I'm happy to say that is no longer on my to-do list. The weather is gorgeous here, so I'm going to take my dog, Gunner, for a 2nd walk this evening.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:
    Total weight loss:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options

@jande159 --welcome to the thread! I got your friend request, but as a HS teacher I have a very strict 21+ policy with all social media friend requests. It wouldn't matter anyways--I almost never post on the newsfeed or interact with MFP contacts outside of the this thread, so you miss my presence on your wall. :)

Correction:
    I almost never post on the newsfeed or interact with MFP contacts outside of this thread, so you WON'T miss my presence on your wall. :)

• jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal: find the ring that slipped off my finger yesterday evening because it's too big now!!!(no worries, I never left the house so I know it's around here somewhere, probably in the bed covers!)
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thank you @sand86802 for tracking! Amazing how much we the group has lost!
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goal - Make it through this week without a gain. Last week of school and kids bring treats and today is our faculty lunch at a mexican place. I think I'll stick with Fajitas. Friday is a job interview, My 19 yo DD is moving out this weekend, so food + stress hopefully equals no gain. I'm going to really try to get my exercise in this week and watch/plan food as carefully as possible.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Tuesday Goal - cook that chicken today!
    Goal for this week ... Tuesday through Monday ...
    1 - finish changing the spare bedroom from an office to a spare bedroom with office space.
    2 - laundry
    3 - finish changing the furniture in the master bedroom that became necessary because of goal #1
    4 - finish decluttering the kitchen and finish the scrubbing of it that I did not complete last time this was a goal.
    5 - cut the grass and do more yard weeding, also trim the shrubs that just finished blooming
    6 - start propogation of some of the cuttings from the shrub pruning.

Talk-talk ...
    Yesterday I had a taste for beef, which I rarely get a taste for, so I listened to my inner self and went to the store. I came home with a 5 ounce strip steak and 13 ounces of 85% ground beef. I turned that steak into dinner yesterday and this morning I made an old-time favorite based on a recipe my mother used to make ... kind of like little individual meatloafs, or flat meatballs ... we called them Kotleti. This time, however, I added shredded carrots to the mixture. That little bit of meat, some vegetables, an egg, a bit of bread soaked in milk ended up making 9 little pattie boats. I was so proud of myself for sticking with making them small. The two I ate for lunch weighed in at 4 ounces total. That, with a half of a baked potato and a serving of cucumber/tomato/onion salad have made me a happy girl. The meal came to 496 calories. It was my first meal of the day at noon today. The meal came close with macros to fit my current percentage spread,43% carb, 38% fat, 19% protein. I could have skipped the potato, but didn't want to. Now, to see if it will hold me until 6PM ... trying really hard to find food combinations that don't drive me to snack. Those snack drives end up making me go over my calorie goal almost every day. So far, it seems like fruit is the culprit, and I've had to give up my favorite breakfast of porridge with berries. I've tried the porridge at lunch, and it works the same at that meal as earlier ... I want to snack again within 90-120 minutes of eating.
  • cellosmiles
    Options
    @jam5660 hope you find your ring. YIKES!!! i put mine away for now because of the same thing.

@Nikion901 sounds like your beef meals were yummy. Dont forget to eat breakfast! And that poor chicken is still waiting for you. :o oh think of all the yummy things you can make with it B) I am sooo jealous!

Tuesday goals.
    1. Finish washing the dishes. Made huge progress but i didnt make it thru the stack from last week and of course i cooked more food this week, so they are piled high again.
    2. Think of 1 or 2 meals to prep and cook that will get me thru this week. I ran out of fish and am down to a bit of chicken and 1 pork chop in the freezer.
    3. Continue making my step goals.
    4. Keep tidying the trailer.
    5. Drink water. Drink water. DRINK WATER!

If anyone has chicken breast or pork chop ideas let me know. I am currently lacking inspiration this week. LOL
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Tuesday goals:
    1. Cook the nice steaks in my fridge and limit my portion to under 6 oz.
    2. Have dinner al fresco to enjoy all the gardening I did over the weekend.
    3. Set up the badminton net and play for at least 1 hour.

@cellosmiles

Chicken breast is tricky because it dries out so easily. This is a big hit in my house:

http://pinchofyum.com/slow-cooker-creole-chicken-sausage

I use chicken sausage and only 2 breasts, which feeds 3 people for at least 2 meals. I also always include okra and celery and many other veggies--the beauty of Gumbo is that you can use whatever you like. Though I think the okra can't be left out; I use frozen.

Use low or no sodium ingredients as much as possible so you can control the salt level to your preference. That can get out of hand quickly with this dish.
  • cellosmiles
    Options
    @tabletop_joe oooo that sounds yum. My hubby will love that if i make it for him. He normally cheats when i am down in arkansas and uses a package mix. I live in canada and we dont usually eat that kind of dish. But its delicious. Only question is...i saw the recipe and where do i find creole seasoning. Or what makes up creole seasoning that i can make it myself? I am not sure i can find in our supermarkets.

And i think i can serve him the rice. And i will just eat as is with extra veggies.

I think he sometimes adds shrimp too if i am not mistaken. <3
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    @cellosmiles

My fella is also from Arkansas too, what a coincidence! We're planning a visit down there in late June. He's the Gumbo chef too, which usually mean it's molten hot spicy!

Creole seasoning is great to have around because it's great on steamed veggies, eggs, or just about anything really! I've never blended my own, but this seems like a reasonable approximation:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/38214/creole-seasoning-blend/

It seems to be made out of a lot of common spices, but if you don't have all of them, it's likely cheaper and more storage space preserving to buy a jar rather than gathering the individual ingredients. It's commonly available here in the northern US and can be found in the spice aisle or maybe even the world food aisle--but if it hasn't hopped the border to Canada, you can no doubt find it online. There are many brands. I buy the Tony Chacheres brand and it serves the purpose!