Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today was a much better day. After a very rainy day yesterday, it was sunny and beautiful. I got 8 miles of walking and am well under calories. I know its going to be harder to walk as we get into winter. My reflective gear will help at night. If it's just too bad to walk outside, I will use YouTube walking videos and my pedaller. I don't expect to have such a high total for several months until spring comes again. I know I went over calories too much in October, but even on those days, when I closed out my food log, it showed that I should have a loss. It never showed a gain. I'm really going to work on the all in challenge this month.
    I hope that we all have a good month. Thanks for the inspiration and support.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye—I also had too many days over in October. :blush: Looking to do much better in November.

@soosun—welcome back from your vacation. I also use the “delay” method when I’m looking to snack; especially if I think it’s not due to hunger. At work, I try to force myself to wait until after lunch to sample any treats, but haven’t been as good at this lately. Thanks for the reminder of that strategy. :)

@bap—welcome :D

@robin—yes, the kids are much better at the online programs than I am. Plus, this is our second round at doing this, so we’ve worked out all of the bugs—they are just being irresponsible. Happy to hear the shot in your hip gave such good results and you are up and about again!

@laurie—thanks, I’m feeling pretty much back to normal tonight. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I also got through the rest of the papers (minus the 3 now who still haven’t submitted online), but didn’t get to the vocab. It’s not a big deal as I can just put it on 2nd quarter.

Sunday Share:
    For the newlings, I’m Karen a HS English Lit teacher from Chicago. I’m usually more active on the thread on weekends, but was down with a bug and then lots of grading. Welcome to all.

For my November challenge, I plan to stay under 1680 calorie goal (this already includes my exercise calories) every day except Thanksgiving + 2 other days. One I will be this coming Saturday as I have a gala to attend. I’m not sure what they will serve for dinner, but I will still try to keep it as healthy as possible. However, I know there will be cocktails which will probably put me over calories. The other day will probably be our 2nd P/T conferences on 11/13 b/c dinner is provided by our Booster organization, plus the faculty all go out for drinks afterward. Both days I will strive to still keep the calorie count reasonable—not planning for either day to be a “free-for-all.” Just being realistic that it will be hard to stay under those days.

I would also love to be more consistent with exercise, but with all of the meetings plus 2 nights of P/T conferences, I know it will be difficult to commit to any type of “normal” gym schedule. Instead, I’m going to commit to getting there as much as possible. I’ve also already decided I’m not signing up to run my usual Turkey Trot this year. Money is tight with my husband out of work, so instead, I am committing to running an 8k on my own on Thanksgiving morning. Weather permitting, I will run in my neighborhood, but if it’s nasty out, I can still go to the gym and run on the treadmill b/c it’s a 24/7/365 facility. My hope is that committing to this will help motivate me to get to the gym more between now and then.

Oh, and one positive side-effect of all of my recent inactivity due to grading, meetings, and illness—my shoulder is almost back to normal. :smile:

November All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 2/2 days (goal is 27/30 days)
    Workout: 0/2 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k on Thanksgiving Day

Grading Goals:
    1. 63/66 AP essays
    2. 3/60 M1948 vocab 2

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE (barely)
    Mon--walk gunner ? meeting, but not sure how late
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--rest day P/T conferences
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @RobinsEgg ... I use a Mac. There was a template under Education that I used as a springboard and customized for my own purposes. There probably is something like that in PC land also. I just keep a copy of the form on my desktop so I can access it easily.

Won't post todays results until Monday morning check-in ....

Welcome all newcomers.
    Niki

PS - just notices that this morning one of my typos was for my attendance checkmarks ... it was 5 out of 6 = 83.3% ... duh!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Those of you that had a loss in October…CONGRATULATIONS! There are have been some major losses, but in my book any loss is a win.

@Newbies…welcome! The best way to get a lot out of this thread is to participate every day. There are wonderful people on here that always give you a “chin up” or can help you figure out a problem you are having.
    @JNettie…I’m so excited for you. I loved the feeling of Jacob bouncing around/punching me.
    @Teresa…hope your foot gets better soon.
    @Karen…I agree. I need to adjust my workout times constantly to fit into an ever changing schedule. I do believe it was like Kelley said that sometimes if you work out too close to bedtime, it’s hard to fall asleep. I must be so deprived of sleep because it never affects me that way. HA! Love the speed dating idea…very inventive!! Hope you feel better.
    @Kelley…hope that chiropractor can help.
    @Tom…I missed it on Saturday and I’m not disappointed. I cannot do clams. When I was in Biology, my partner and I were beginning the dissection of the clam and he pressed on the muscle to “feel” it and the formaldehyde squirted directly from the clam to my mouth. Can’t look at a clam without grossing out. 
    @Robin…sounds like the 2 day rest period definitely did you some good. That’s quite a productive day! Reminds me that I want to get a thorough cleaning done to my van before it gets so cold that I need to pay someone to do it. I agree with you about the time switch. I know it started for farmers so they could do chores in the light, but since they all have lights on tractors now (for the most part) I wish it could stay an hour ahead all year long. When working in the office, I hated that I would go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

AFM…once again had a pretty busy weekend. Parent/Teacher conferences, Halloween and major cake baking on Friday. Saturday there were regular chores, the gym and Michael’s birthday celebration at my Mom’s. Sunday, I had to sing at both the 8:00 and 10:00 services, Girl Scouts from 2-4, ice skating from 5-6 and youth group from 6:30 – 8:00. I watched one TiVo show and then read two chapters in my book and went to bed. Glad that weekend is over. Next weekend will be smooth sailing as my husband and kids will be out of town from Saturday – Monday. Whoo—hoo! What to do? What to do? 

Fitness Goals.
    • Friday: Trick-or-Treating with Emma and then on my feet for most of the evening getting those cakes done. - DONE
    • Saturday: Lift - DONE
    • Sunday: Rest - DONE
    • Monday: Jenna’s Workout
    • Tuesday: Vote and Lift
    • Wednesday: Jenna’s Workout
    • Thursday: Lift
    • Friday: Rest

Household goals.
    • Get through 5 packed boxes.
    • Finish hanging pictures/plaques etc.
    • Go through my closet and put away summer clothes and donate items.
    • Organize bathroom closet.-DONE
    • Organize baking/decorating supplies. - DONE
    • Schedule a carpet cleaning.-DONE
    • Paint Emma's dresser.

ALL IN CHALLENGE
    • Meet my calorie goal (2000) most days. I am giving myself Thanksgiving plus two other days (TBD – but I’d guess it’ll be Saturday the 8th when I go out for drinks )
    • Work out at least 4 times a week. My schedule is to plan for 5.
    • Drink my 8 glasses of water at least 25 of the 30 days of November.

Here's to a successful November for us all!!
  • Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    Definitely in with the "All In" Challenge-I'm going to be all in with my exercising-I have my DVD player set up now in a dedicated room so I have NO excuses!! Goal is 29 days since I missed the 1st day. :)
  • Hotapplepie35
    Hotapplepie35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone , Today I decided I no longer want to be 200lbs overweight so I am going to join this challenge and give it my all. :D
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~I’m so sorry you were feeling sick over the weekend, glad you are feeling better now.

@Laurie~Sounds like you had a great weekend! I never heard of schools closing on Election Day; enjoy your day off tomorrow.

@Tracy~I say enjoy the peace and quiet around the house this weekend while DH and the kiddos are gone! :wink:

AFM~Yesterday was an epic fail, only because I was lazy and didn’t track everything—the weather cooled off and except for a session with my trainer, Zoe and I snuggled and napped all afternoon while watching HGTV. I will do better today. This afternoon is my first Airrosti therapy on my Achilles; we’ll see how that goes.

November “ALL_IN” Challenge:

The goal is to meet my calorie goal (2055) daily with the exception of my birthday (it’s Thursday but may not do anything until Saturday) and Thanksgiving. I know one more will be in there as sometimes last minute dinner and/or Happy Hour invites pop up.

Good Days: 1/30
    Bad Days: 1/30
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 0/30

Exercise Goals:
    Sunday~Trainer DONE!
    Monday~Rest Day (Chiro)
    Tuesday~Trainer
    Wednesday~Pilates
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Rest Day (Chiro)
    Saturday~Cardio or Swim
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy NATIONAL HOUSEWIFE’S DAY
    Each year on November 3, millions of people across the country celebrate National Housewife’s Day. This day was created to make the day a special one for the “stay at home” mom, as their job taking care of the children and the home is a 24/7 one, that sometimes does not get the “thank you” that is much deserved.
    -
    The term “housewife” is an old term stemming from the days when most families were supported from one income. The father worked and the mother stayed home to take care of the house and the children. Times have changed and it is not always possible for one parent to stay at home, even though it is still preferred by many. In today’s society, typically two incomes are needed to support a household. If a mother is able to stay at home, the term “stay at home mom” or “domestic engineer” are favored over the term “housewife”.
    -
    Today, honor the “housewife” in your family or a “housewife” that you know.

“People only see what they are prepared to see.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Howdy, I had a great weekend. Hubby and I got a few things ironed out and went out on a real date Saturday nite. Dinner at my favorite restaurant (Rosemary Salmon Salad - Yum)
    Then to see Gone Girl. Great story line, I just wish it had been edited a little better.
    Did well with Trick or Treat as we did not dole out this year.
    @tlh0407 - Yikes I remember those days when my children were busy busy busy.
    Too all - It is truly inspiring how we are all on board with this All In Challenge.
    Progress - Food 2/2, Fitness 2/2
    o:)B):D
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Morgori wrote: »

Thank you Tom! I've always wanted to know when/why/how Halloween started.
    Very insightful.

Sorry, I'll expand on that, I read about Soul Cakes after because I had never heard of them and on that page it says about origins of Halloween.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_cake

I'm genuinely shocked that it started over here in England. I thought it was 100% American.

Learn something new everyday....

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Monday checkin ..
    Calories at or under goal 2/2
    attendance checkmarks 10/12
    Weight ... not down this Monday check in ... goofed it up yesterday with too much sodium and calories closer to maintenance than lose 1 pound a week. Still within my goal, but more than I've been eating.

It's all a learning process every day.
    Niki

Welcome newbies ... only one bit of advice ... be kind to yourself on this journey.
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Calories under goal, watching sugar and carbs and staying in line.
    woke up today feeling light headed so drank more water water water and ate some deli roast beef and thin swiss cheese. More water, then ate breakfast of plain greek yogurt with fresh strawberries sugar free strawberry preserves and whole wheat almond crunch cereal with no sugar. Felt much better. The yogurt parfait is becoming my go to breakfast. Waited two hours then had snack of think cheddar and two slices of low carb bread. More water. Finally feeling no so shaky and ready to get some exercise. I am all in, still thinking about that food video and will watch it again.
    Kitty sitting is going well; Dulcy seems to adore my lap. haha
    Great to visit and see how everyone makes a plan and sticks to it. Great weight losses in October. Now for November; I am excited to weigh tomorrow as was up last week after vacation. Sigh. Never go back!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ooops, I did it again! I was up half the night, (couldn't sleep because the kitchen window kept falling open. Lots of cleanup the first and second time. After that, I just removed and everything from around that window. Anyways...) I didn't feel like making breakfast and decided to have " a few" chips. The bag is now half gone, and so are most of my fat grams for today. (I know it isn't "Thursday Truth", but I'm tempted to call today a total loss already and figure putting it on here now will help me "put on the brakes").
    Monday Checkin - I was under in calorie and fat yesterday, and under calorie all week before that. I will be under calorie and fat today. ( So let it be written, so let it be done!) I'm also thinking I should add stretching exercises to my "all in challenge". I do them most days, but I should be doing them everyday. When I stretch, I feel better all day. When I feel better all day, I move more during the day.
    My husband had some teeth removed last Wednesday. He has temporary dentures, and has to remove them before eating, so he has been on soft food. I've been cooking with V-8 and salsa a lot. I really believe I could make regular veggies soft enough for him to eat, but he'd rather not. Of course, if I give him a choice about veggies on any day, he'd rather not, but eats it when it is on the table. Maybe I should make enough just for me tonight and see if he takes any... I hate to force the issue. (Not that I ever "force" him to eat. I just put vegetables in when and where I want them and he can eat them or not...) I have never had a tooth out, and don't really know how he feels. He really may not be able to eat the veggies.... or he just doesn't want them.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @helenatrandom Don't throw the towel in for the day. Just make it a good afternoon and forgive yourself for the "breakfast" As for toothless hubbies, mine face planted from his bike this summer so I know a bit about the frustration of making soft food for a while. It will end though and he will get back to normal. My guy looks so much better with teeth again! LOL
    Me? so far doing well with all in on Calories. 2 out of 2 under. Exercise goals...well...I guess I need a push. Seeing Lori tomorrow will help I am sure.
    Boy, do I have the "hungrys" today. Is it the time change??
    Don't forget to vote!
  • Dcharnice
    Dcharnice Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely ALL IN!! I WILL NOT LET ANYTHING OR ANYONE GET IN MY WAY…. INCLUDING MYSELF!!!! Let's do this! !!!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yikes! Lost my entire post! Okay, here I go again.

November All-In Challenge Up-date:
    3/30 days under 1350 calories
    2/30 days cardio AND 2/30 days 10,000+ steps (done today already!)
    1/30 days weight training

This 10,000 steps thing is harder than I thought. Saturday evening I only had 6,000 so I went for a 20 minutes walk, hurting my bad knee and foot, and still needed 2,000 more. Off to Anytime Fitness for a quick turn on the elliptical and my 10,000+ steps. Sunday was my day of rest but still managed 7,000.

I, too, am excited to see so many embrace this All-In Challenge. Because I have this unrealistic goal to lose 20 pounds by December 31--I need foot and knee surgery--I have to stick with it. Just wish Halloween KitKats and this stupid plateau hadn't happened.

Tom: It's nice being appreciated! Been a housewife for 46 years, raised a husband and 3 children and worked outside the home when all were grown up. There's no retirement for me, but hubby retired 14 years ago and rules his kingdom from his lift chair. His remote is his scepter. :# Glad there's a day recognizing us domestic goddesses.

Kaye: You are an incredible walker! 8 miles! For a woman of a "certain age," you are amazing. I'm green with envy.

Newbies: Welcome one and all. Check in often. Support, encouragement and advice is free :) . You can do this!

Rain's acomin'--can't wait! Worked outside for a couple of hours putting away patio furniture cushions, cleaning out the pool box (pesky squirrels had a party under it!), moving things around in prep for the wetter, cooler weather. Bring on the storms! I'm ready.

Till tomorrow.

GrammyWhammy>Marsha

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I had a long weekend at work and didn't write a dime of business. Very frustrating!! Then this morning I have this long talk with hubby about letting go of my need to control and letting God decide what I need. So, this morning my first two customers of the day bought big time. Go figure!! :D

As for the all in challenge I actually was all set to do great and then sorta of blew it on day one. However, I am back on track today (minus some small Tootsie Rolls!) and intend to stay focused as much as possible.

I want to stay within (100 calories) of my daily calories and to walk more. My Fitbit was really motivating when I first got it and now I don't pay much attention to it. So on days I work I will do my best to get in 8000 steps and on my off days I will get in 5000. This will push me and hopefully next month I can up the number.

Calories:
    Good Days: 1/30
    Bad Days: 1/30
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 1/30

Steps:
    Goal Completed: 1/30
    Goal Failed: 2/30

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    No time for personals as I still have some grading I’d like to finish tonight. However, I’ve caught up on reading and love seeing what everyone is doing for the All-In Challenge.

Monday Check-in:
    I’m off to a good start. As much as being sick was awful, that day of super-low calories (b/c I slept all day) helped me to reset in terms of my weight. I had been flirting with 190 the entire month of October even though my ticker is set to 183. However, this morning the scale read 185. My goal is to see 183 on the scale by the end of November and then to get to 180 by New Year’s Eve. I know that’s ambitious considering I haven’t really lost any weight in over a year (other than gaining and losing the same 5 lbs). However, I feel like the only way I will get the scale moving is to really challenge myself—and November is All-In—right?

I didn't get home until after dark due to another work meeting, so no walk for gunner. And though I was feeling much better today, 36 hours of sleep Friday night to Sunday morning really wreaked havoc on my sleep cycle. I didn't get to sleep until 3am last night and was up at 6 this morning, so no gym again today. Tomorrow I have no meetings, so plan to come home, walk gunner, go vote, then on to the gym.

November All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 3/3 days (goal is 27/30 days)
    Workout: 0/3 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k on Thanksgiving Day

Grading Goals:
    1. 64/66 AP essays
    2. 22/60 M1948 vocab 2

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE (barely)
    Mon--walk gunner ? meeting, but not sure how late NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--rest day P/T conferences
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for the "All IN" I hit my calorie goal 3/3, and my cardio also 3/3. (Don't do weight training yet.) I plan to give my self some leeway on Thanksgiving and one or two other days this month as I have company coming for 2 plus weeks.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    All-in report. 2/3 under calories, 6.8 miles walked today. Still falling short on the water. Just need to make it a habit!
    Goals are looking good. If we can all hang in there, this should be a very successful month.
    Onward and downward. Kaye