Options

Replies

• fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Yoga is better, more fun than Plyo's!
  • suselmiami
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. By the way, do I have to purchase some type of equipment in addition to the DVDs?
  • delmarva1
    Options
    you either need a pull-up bar or or exercise bands. The pull-up bar can be had for aprox. $30. You also need dumbells for several exercises.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning and felt nothing but soreness in my hamstrings and quads... I can't believe how sore I am right now!!! I manage not to waddle when I'm in public just out of sheer pride, but when I am at home I look like I'm in labor, I'm walking so funny... Can't wait until volleyball tonight...:sad:
  • cjbranson
    Options
    I woke up this morning and felt nothing but soreness in my hamstrings and quads... I can't believe how sore I am right now!!! I manage not to waddle when I'm in public just out of sheer pride, but when I am at home I look like I'm in labor, I'm walking so funny... Can't wait until volleyball tonight...:sad:

Oh I know that walk all too well! I just avoided going out into public at all! I could barely get off the couch but I just want to encourage you... it does get better!
  • MissResa
    Options
    CJ-I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog... I've been keeping up with your progress, and you really inspire me to keep on going. My husband has been gone for a month for training in Guam, but when he gets home, I would love to do this with him. Thanks for the support... You make me feel so much better about tottering around like an old fart:blushing:
  • jokerrn
    Options
    Well, first day of Phase 2 completed. Was supposed to get up this morning at 5am and do my first Chest, Shoulders, and Tri routine, but...hit snooze instead and ended up doing it at 10pm.

Let me say...:noway: :sad: ...I can barely lift my arms right now. So many push ups. One arm push ups in the middle of the workout?? Is he nuts? Yes.

This thing is a killer. I needed this change to recharge me physically and mentally! Can't wait to get going again with Plyo tomorrow.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Okay, so today was supposed to be my Rest or XStretch day, but I couldn't pass up my usual volleyball night... I am now so sore that I hurt even when sitting down. I'm kinda glad my husband isn't here right now, because he'd be making so much fun of me that I'd probably make him sleep in the garage.:tongue: I have Core Synergistics on Tuesday... I don't know how I'm going to get through it. Not to mention the fact that I have VB again on Wednesday night...:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I cracked up reading everyone's comments on the yoga. I have to break it up because I don't have 90 minutes available at 1 time, so I do the first part in the morning the balance section after work. It helps me to break it up, and I find the balance section relaxes me after work.
  • geo1177
    Options
    Well, first day of Phase 2 completed. Was supposed to get up this morning at 5am and do my first Chest, Shoulders, and Tri routine, but...hit snooze instead and ended up doing it at 10pm.

Let me say...:noway: :sad: ...I can barely lift my arms right now. So many push ups. One arm push ups in the middle of the workout?? Is he nuts? Yes.

This thing is a killer. I needed this change to recharge me physically and mentally! Can't wait to get going again with Plyo tomorrow.
    One arm pushups? Damn thanks for the heads up. I'll be preparing for that one. haha.

Today I have a full plate, missed legs and back so I'm doubling up today. Kenpo X today as well so I'm looking forward to it. Lots of water today so time to drink up! :drinker:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Today's goal: Do the whole bloody 90 min of yoga.
    I think the problem last week was that I just got so bored of it. I'm forcing myself through it all today, and I will not fast forward the last million vinasyas (sp?).
  • cjbranson
    Options
    CJ-I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog... I've been keeping up with your progress, and you really inspire me to keep on going. My husband has been gone for a month for training in Guam, but when he gets home, I would love to do this with him. Thanks for the support... You make me feel so much better about tottering around like an old fart:blushing:

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like reading the ramblings on my blog. Feel free to comment anytime! It must be so hard being away from your husband but I bet he'll be surprised when he finally gets to see your progress!! I hope ya'll do get to work out together when he gets home- Jeremy and I love that we're doing it together. Hope your soreness is getting better today!
  • cjbranson
    Options

Oh boy... you got to experience another torturefest that is... P90X. That was the hardest day for me, well, the day after really. I was soooooo sore! I'm actually still trying to recover from it! Glad you feel recharged... keep pushing play!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Today's goal: Do the whole bloody 90 min of yoga.
    I think the problem last week was that I just got so bored of it. I'm forcing myself through it all today, and I will not fast forward the last million vinasyas (sp?).

I have Yoga today too and I feel your pain about the boredom so I'll be right there with ya forcing my way through it. We'll be thankful later though when we have long, lean muscles!
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow...just got caught up on my reading (with this thread). Glad to see everyone's still going strong. Nice pic, Geo! Looks like things are already paying off! Keep going strong! My wife joined me during the "rest week" (:huh: of phase 1. We've now started doing phase 2 together, and it's been a BIG motivator for me to push even harder!!

I'm still getting sore in places that I didn't even know you could 'get' sore! Although, I am starting to see the results. Actually the workouts (despite the soreness) make you feel GREAT! :happy:

As for Yoga, I finally mastered the "corpse" pose. I can hold it for the first 45 minutes of the entire yoga workout!! Then I move 'flawlessly' into childs pose....I love yoga now! :tongue:

Keep bringin' it everyone!!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    As for Yoga, I finally mastered the "corpse" pose. I can hold it for the first 45 minutes of the entire yoga workout!! Then I move 'flawlessly' into childs pose....I love yoga now! :tongue:

You are HILARIOUS! :laugh: :laugh: I hope to one day be a Yoga master like you!
  • geo1177
    Options
    Wow...just got caught up on my reading (with this thread). Glad to see everyone's still going strong. Nice pic, Geo! Looks like things are already paying off! Keep going strong! My wife joined me during the "rest week" (:huh: of phase 1. We've now started doing phase 2 together, and it's been a BIG motivator for me to push even harder!!

I'm still getting sore in places that I didn't even know you could 'get' sore! Although, I am starting to see the results. Actually the workouts (despite the soreness) make you feel GREAT! :happy:

Haha! Thanks kenewayne. Glad your motivation is up even more than before. Yeah yoga X had me saying Om 'til the the cows come home.:laugh:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Now that we're all master yogi's who can do the crane? It is ridiculous! Makes me look forward to legs & back tomorrow that is for sure.:smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Now that we're all master yogi's who can do the crane? It is ridiculous! Makes me look forward to legs & back tomorrow that is for sure.:smile:

I can do it! But not hold it for that long! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Oh yeah and Plyo pushups! :bigsmile: Love it! :heart: