Laboring Towards Labor Day (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Gerkenstein/Sarah - You're my hero! Even though you've had a hard time lately, you posted your weight and a real positve attitude that I think is contagious! Thanks for posting..."I've been through a number of personal struggles these last few weeks, but believe I am now on the tale end of it (or at least hoping I am). Either way, I did some soul searching and grocery shopping and am not giving up on myself! Cleaning up my food intake which I think will have a big effect on my weight loss." Good luck, Sarah...I'm pulling for you!
  • jklm
    Options
    Correction to current weight: I'm down 1 lb. to 210.8
    We were at my sister's and her scale had me up! Just got home and my home scale shows 210.8!
    Go Team Red!

Starting Weight: 217.8
    Goal Weight: 208.8
    7/01: 217.8
    7/07: 214.4
    7/14: 211.8
    7/25: 210.8
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm sorry I didn't weigh in earlier, I worked last night,:yawn: exercised this morning, came home and fell into the bed. Just now got up and got motivated, made some dinner, and well...checking in for the day. I got on the scale when I jumped out of bed at 4pm and I weighed 224 pounds. :noway: That is a 2 lb loss from last week....plus a few ounces I believe! :laugh: I'm happy....I didn't think I would be able to pull off a 2 lb loss, but I kept moving, and to me that is the most important thing you can do as far as weight loss....keep moving!

Hope you all had a great and successful week. Have a great night everyone. :smile:
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Go RED TEAM!
    quote]
    Starting Weight: 173
    Goal Weight: 155

7/05: 173
    7/11: 171.0
    7/18:170.0
    7/25:170.0
    8/02
    8/09
    8/16
    8/23
    8/30
    9/05

On vacation this week no gain so far.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ::::::Team Orange:::

7/25/11 129.2 --> finally the 120s! :love:

It looks like overall it will be a good week for everyone! Keep it up!

Holy geez Way to go!!! The 120's totally awesome!:drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Still need Sonja and Arlene.
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Still need Sonja and Arlene.

I have Arlene as not logging in for 2 weeks? Not sure if that's accurate, but that's what popped up a few days ago. :frown:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    woohooo moved 100 miles this month
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    7/01: 161.something
    7/11: 164.4 (sorry team)
    7/18: 164.0
    7/25: 164.8
    8/01:
    8/08:
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/05: GOAL 150

Sorry Blue team.....I weighed in yesterday, but showed a gain that I thought HAD to be wrong, so I waited until today which wasn't much better. :noway: Not thrilled to report a gain, but it is what it is. My apologies Blue team.....:embarassed:
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    That's great!!! Congrats! :)
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Alright folks, I have GOT to get my act together. I started my first 'big girl' job last Monday (I just finished school -- my PhD coursework), and of course everyone wanted to take me to lunch... and then getting into a good routine for dinner... well, it hasn't been a good week. So I'm going to post some goals for me for the remainder of the challenge, beyond my weight loss goals. Hopefully writing them down will make me accountable...?

While at work, drink only water. Get in some form of exercise 4x a week. Log every bite of food that goes in my mouth, or at least a very best estimate. Remind yourself that this is a journey, not a race. A few steps back is NOT an excuse to quit.

And for Pete's sake, Shannon, you're worth it.

Alright, selfish post over. Y'all are doing SO awesome and you have no idea how inspirational and motivating you have all been. I honestly think that if it weren't for this challenge and the obligations I feel to it, I would be totally off the bandwagon and rolling right toward the buffet by now. Keep up the amazing work!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    7/01: 161.something
    7/11: 164.4 (sorry team)
    7/18: 164.0
    7/25: 164.8
    8/01:
    8/08:
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/05: GOAL 150

Sorry Blue team.....I weighed in yesterday, but showed a gain that I thought HAD to be wrong, so I waited until today which wasn't much better. :noway: Not thrilled to report a gain, but it is what it is. My apologies Blue team.....:embarassed:

You and me both - we need to get back on the ball! I've been struggling too - we can do this together!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Awesome!!!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options

Wow! Way to go!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    And for Pete's sake, Shannon, you're worth it.

Alright, selfish post over. Y'all are doing SO awesome and you have no idea how inspirational and motivating you have all been. I honestly think that if it weren't for this challenge and the obligations I feel to it, I would be totally off the bandwagon and rolling right toward the buffet by now. Keep up the amazing work!!

SHANNON - YOU ARE WORTH IT!! Just wanted to make sure that sinks in. And I agree that the support we provide and receive here helps to keep me in line. When I know weigh-in is coming, I make sure to behave! So take a little time to settle into your new routine - hang on and make smart choices until you can buckle down again. You can do this!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the cheer!!! We are going home friday and I hope to get my act back running as hard as I was last month.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Another weekend I will be away for parties and drinking. I love these
    boat cruises but they are hard on eating and making the right choices
    but I will push on. This is our last group cruise so I hope to really crack
    down after that.

Good Luck Green Team and all the other teams.

:smile: Shannon: You are doing great, we all have our ups and downs and struggles but
    you can do this. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and get going.
    Once you stop its harder to get back at it. Keep going girl !!!!
  • jklm
    Options
    Congrats to the TEAL Team for being the biggest team losers for the 3rd week of our Labor Day challenge!
    Congrats to Shirley for being the big loser this week!
    Thanks for the chart work, Denise! Enjoy your vacation!

I'm so lazy with the heat, but I'm fighting to stay away from the chocolate chip cookies I made for my son yesterday...just put them in his bedroom. Out of sight is best! Better go drink some water, too!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Go Teal Team!!! Woot woot!
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Finally some movement!!! I'm down 1.5 lbs this week. Thank the heavens...I thought I was going to be stuck at 199 for the rest of my days.
    *****TEAM GREEN****

7/1/11 196.9 -vacation
    7/11/11 198.9 - upped calories to -1lb loss a week
    7/15/11 198.9 TOM
    7/22/11 198.4
    7/29/11 196.9 -hopefully this marks the point where my calorie bump starts working! Burned 4690 calories this week (I even took 2 days off)!!