WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• alexxstarnes
    alexxstarnes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lost 1 lb already. I am drinking my water but it's hard to drink 80 plus ounces. Trying to stay positive yesterday U was way under calories, which is not a good thing.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    fvsp1213 – Cute dog; sign your posts with the name you prefer to be addresses as; give a location (general or specific), and then tell us a little something about yourself, family, pets, hobbies, goals, and that sort of thing so we’ll get to know you better.

Lenora

It's just me again. Forgetting to sign my post. I will figure it out. Eventually.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Becca I really like the Astoria rocks tradition. It's so magical and creative.

Hello and welcome to all the newcomers.

Well today is the day after my first big bike ride and I have huge bruises on my inner thighs and a little back pain but better than I expected. I went to the gym with my daughter for a 45 minute weight workout. Then errands, then home and just had a nap by accident.

Happy Sunday!

<3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: You're becoming an excellent food photographer and show healthy things that exceed anything I've seen in food magazines. You have many excellent talents. :smiley:

I'm having a quiet day. I'm reading Younger Next Year for Women, and really enjoying it so much more than I enjoyed the first book, Younger Next Year. I find this one far more accessible & useful than the other. Thank you Barbie, for recommending this book & helping me find a copy. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla. Thank you for saying so! I have been watching many foodie shows, and I do like to make my meals pretty! Like crisscrossing the dressing drizzles! Five years ago you would not have caught me eating foods like what I had today. That alone makes me proud of myself, and all the changes in my food cravings. My husband caught me taking a picture of my lunch today, and said, "you don't take pictures you have to eat that". He doesn't quite understand why I share what I do, eat, etc, with you all....!
    Hugs!
    Becca
    Salad maestro!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    stat for the day -
    it was a light one... I had planned to get into the hot tub but I forgot my swimsuit!!! that's what happens when u don't have a locker anymore :0(

plyometrics exercises - 24.50min, 140mhr, 110ahr, 4 sets of 10, 10different exercises = 170c
    Apple Watch- 164c
    hip almost back to normal... getting there
  • alexxstarnes
    alexxstarnes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A good day food wise, not so good exercise wise. weather, and pain got in the way. Water is my downfall Trying to get up to 100 oz a day. I hope everyone has had a good day and I wish you a good/night/morning depending on where you are

Blessed Be

Alexx Missouri USA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    I know I said I would start tomorrow but my husband had to meet with a couple of his clients so… I definitely dropped the weight amounts because of my last flareup with my back pain, Lymes disease. I will probably add my normal kettle bell workout tomorrow.

Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 45/55, 5X5X 65
    BP-1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    BR-1X5X 55

Kettlebell Swing Rest Day

May Move Your *kitten* Challenge
    On my way out the door to do a 2 mile walk total of 3 miles for the day.

Thank you everybody for your poison ivy remedies! I have 10 spots in completely different areas on my body with 1 to 5 blisters. All seem to be going away. I am not sure if it is poison ivy. I really thought maybe bedbugs from being away on our trip. But my DH did not have any. I am seeing a new doctor tomorrow because of the brain fog I had Thursday. My daughter insists that I go and I know she will have anxiety until I do. She works in the medical field and wants to be assured that I do not have a brain tumor or early onset Alzheimer's. Brain fog is a symptom of lymes disease but I wanted to at least rule something else out.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Popping on for a quick read before I go to sleep.
    Lenora - I am glad you liked the googly eye art and the signs. The first sign is the one that caught my eye and made me laugh. "No matter how kind you are; German children are always kinder." Kinder means children in German! :D
    Heather- Your little sun babies! They are so adorable and I bet they had a wonderful holiday in Portugal. That hat on Bea! So sweet!
    Toni- I am a long time vinegar drinker. I drank it as a kid (a couple ounces a day); and I still will sneak a swallow or two while I cook or if I need a "salt" fix. Pickle juice was/is another thing I have always been obsessed with. My DH has gotten used to seeing a jar of pickles, with no pickles and only juice, in the fridge. When I was very young, I would open jars of pickles in the pantry, drink the juice out of them, and put the jar back. Boy! Did that make my mom mad. AFter that, we agreed that I wouldn't do it anymore, if she would save the juice for me.
    Sarah- It's a good thing that bruises go away and sore tailbones get better. Otherwise I would never get back on my bike for a second ride.
    Speaking of cyclists.- While I was walking this morning, I was passed by many, many (over 100) cyclists participating in a race. They had their numbers on and would give a wave and "good morning" as they pedaled past. I am thinking it may have been the Park to Park race. That takes the riders from GH state park to Holland state park and back. It's about a 30 mile ride. I love to watch people cycle by or run by or walk by. I guess I just like to see people enjoy something that they love. Bonus that it is outdoors! The cyclists made my gratitude journal.
    Well, my fingers are aching. I got everything done today that was on my list; more weeding. This time the north side of the house. I don't have anything planted in that rock bed, so it has been taken over by all kinds of weeds. All of my flower beds are in rocks, so weeding takes a toll on my hands. Like you, Barbie, I am a big proponent of repurposing materials. I will be moving the rocks out of the bed on the north side of the house, and moving them to line the back yard behind the garage (where hopefully in a year, I will be building a patio, with repurposed material from our cracked and broken driveway that needs to be repaved. I want to put Lily of the Valley in that north bed. They remind me of my grandmother. She had them growing all around her home and her cabin up north.

((hugs)) to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Alex- I like water so drinking it was never a problem, until I was told I needed to drink more. I drink 10-12 oz every hour. I usually drink it all at the top of the hour. I count the tea that I make (with water). Can't count coffee, though. It actually got easier to drink this much water after I drank so much prep for my colonoscopy. It showed me that it IS possible. You can do this! KJ
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    well I made my required amt to be able to ride in this years MS Deception Pass Classic Bike Ride!! I guess I cheated a bit because Kirby already raised over 1k and he gave me one of his donations of 45 beans.... but I got it

Not far from where I hopefully will be moving to.. Whidbey Island!
    Becca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the recumbant bike today. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of the carb burner DVD. hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Called WalMart because I found an item that they didn't price match and I can't see where it's one of the items that aren't included. Then I made the icing and iced the cake for the gal at the Green Room.

naturalhome - welcome! Congrats on the loss. Tell us more about yourself

Louise - congrats on not taking any food to bed. That's one of my downfalls. If I take anything, I get those 50 calorie applesauce cups and mix it with some unsweetened cocoa.

We put down grasseed and some straw in the backyard. I know this isn't the time to seed, but I figure what takes, takes. Vince kept saying that 3 bales of hay would be enough for our backyard. I kept telling him it wouldn't. After putting down the two, he admitted that it wasn't enough. I just said "told ya". probably shouldn't have said that. The outside of the bag of grasseed said it covered 10,000. When we didn't have enough, I told Vince that I probably said that assuming that you put it on VERY sparingly. So I went and bought another bag. I didn't get more straw since I couldn't take Vince's SUV.

I used vinegar a while ago to squelch my desire for sweets.

Becca - I'm always in awe of your wonderful dishes.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Congrats on being able to ride in the MS Deception Pass Bike ride. Since my DH is an MS sufferer, I am especially grateful for events like this. We consider you & Kirby our personal champions. :flowerforyou:

Mary: I hope the new doctor will be able to assess your situation and find ways to help. Sending good thoughts for you. :heart:

Becca: We looked at the possibility of moving to Whidbey Island a few years ago and found a lot to like about it. In the end we decided to stay right where we are. Our kids live so far away, and visiting is easier with a major airport not too far away. A few years ago there were landsides on the west side of the island that destroyed homes in one of the areas where we had looked. Yikes! I'd look for a home on the east side of the island if it wanted to live there. We both liked Coupeville. I hope things work out for you. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

KarenVA, Olivia is just precious. I love, love, love all these baby pictures. (later) So glad Barbie’s post helped you with a break through. We never know what words are going to do something for us. ;)

Lanette, that is a beautiful piece of furniture! I’m not a big antique fan per say, but have always appreciated pretty furniture. That is a keeper for sure. We still use our Thomasville bedroom suite from 46 or 47 years ago because it is so well made and still beautiful.

Barbie, great point on thinking of us as toddlers. Many of the points were true for me: hunger, tired, cold, etc.

Dana, I have driven that bridge over the Mississippi at Vicksburg many times. Did you ever drive it when there was just the two lane old bridge with the train track between them? That was scary. You might be too young for that.

Katla, I’m thinking that tomato plant was meant to be in your garden. I hope it has the best tomatoes you’ve ever had.

Pip, I love the pics of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Hope yesterday was a happy birthday for her.

Sarah, great pics and great exercise. Go girl, go.

Beth, if misery loves company, just remember that you aren’t alone in your failure the past few months. That is why I renewed my commitment at the beginning of this month to do what I know is right. I had not been to the gym in months either and was surprised how pleasant it was when I went. I couldn’t work out as long and was sore the next day but it’s a start. Good luck.

Becca, what fun to find the rocks. Will you keep them or hide them again? (later) Beautiful picture of the flowers!!! Wow.

Kay, so glad the follow up mamo was fine. Those just give us grief and stress until they are over. ((((Hugs))))

Paula, being over your calories by 25 sure doesn’t sound like much to me. I think that is great. This is not an exact science and cleaning house should take care of that. Keep up the good work.

Katla, I hadn’t heard about cleaning the counter with vinegar although I know it’s used for many other things. LOL Don’t ya just hate it when you do things like that? I know I do.

Chris, sorry about the short visit with your mom. It’s nice that you go that far to see her when she may not even know who you are. That is a difficult thing to go through with our parents. (((Hugs)))

Kelly, I love the links you shared. Thanks.

Margaret, so glad your full time job is about over. I have missed having you here more often. It was nice for a change, but enough is enough. LOL

Naturalhomeb, welcome. This is a great place for support and information as well as a safe place to tell all. Please tell us a bit more about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Congrats on the loss.

Heather, wonderful pics of the grands. All 3 of them…but you know Bea has my heart. <3 What a doll!!!!

I got a call from my bff that moved to Texas. Her DD who is having mental issues is staying in her empty house here that has no water or electricity. *sigh* The girl tells her mother that she has no food, water to drink, or anything. Her “L” son has stolen money and her prescription drugs from her and she’s about to lose it. Her mom asked if I’d go check on her and take her some food and water. The girl has also had her phone stolen so can only call her mom when she goes to the cigarette store. Mind you that she is too sick to go get something to eat but can still buy cigarettes. Anyway I picked up some things and took to her. She’s not in good shape but better than her mother thought. She is flying to Texas on Tuesday to stay with her mother, who moved there in the first place to get away from her DD and all the stress. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

So sad about the attacks in London. I never thought in my younger days that I would see anything like this. Sending prayers to all involved.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    well I made my required amt to be able to ride in this years MS Deception Pass Classic Bike Ride!! I guess I cheated a bit because Kirby already raised over 1k and he gave me one of his donations of 45 beans.... but I got it

Not far from where I hopefully will be moving to.. Whidbey Island!
    Becca

Yup we ride around whidby island
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Answering DJ,s question,I think I shall keep the little blue flower rock, but re hide the star rock. I have joined a rock group up at Whidbey Island already. I told them ( the FB group), that I would bring rocks from Astoria, to travel up there!

I have been emailing my oldest Navy son today, which amazes me. He is still on his cruise! He has been on FB off and on today. Maybe he is in port, I didn't ask, and he didn't tell. Loose lips sink ships!

Here was my dinner! If you don't care to read what I have, no worries. I get excited when I get back on the wagon. Tonight I boiled some whole wheat penne noodles, with some albacore tuna. The sauce was just a tablespoon of mayonnaise and sweet relish. I sprinkled it with some Parmesan cheese.

degyo0xcb4ch.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your day all!
    Becca
    Oregon