WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Morning! Woke up too too early and couldn't fall back to sleep so it's time to get moving. I believe 64oz of water is within guidelines and is helping to prevent my UTIs. Also, kinda helps me stay feeling full. For me, it would be a challenge to drink anything more than that :s

64 oz is 1.9 litres.

My gynaecologic oncologist told me to keep my drinking at or under 1.5 litres to get the hyponatremia under control ... and was that every difficult!!

Normally, I put away a minimum of 3 litres of liquid a day ... black coffee, tea, diet soft drinks, water. Cutting back to 1.5 litres was like being stranded in the desert. I was as dry as dust!!

I've been slowly increasing the amount I drink again ... probably up to a little over 2 litres now. :)

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beautiful beach girls, Heather

macha what a view!

Off to do good work today, feeling better.

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning, loving photos of fur babies, grands and lovely places.

Went to hospital this morning, plan is remove gallstones in the bile duct first then remove gall bladder because there are more stones in that. Going on holiday 15-29 June so will be after that, who knows how long the wait will be, months probably.

Welcome newbies

Kate UK <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)

Love all the photos!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the landscape pictures. Brightens my day.

Heather thanks for the Granddaughters fix.

I prefer my coffee with nothing added. In my tea I might add real mint and lemon if available. I cannot tolerate artificial sweeteners. Anything that disrupts GABA for me is a no no. MSG is something else I have to avoid. I do not like stevia because of the after taste. I am fortunate that I dislike donuts for the same reason. The aftertaste negates the initiate sweet taste of them for me.

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    125419oj4wb3q90x.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Rimmy - WOW! 92 lbs down! :drinker: Fabulous job!

DH has just rung me to say Hampshire won the match! They got the last wicket just before it started to rain! We have been on tenterhooks waiting for the promised.rain all day. I've been checking the score. He is feeling great! Must have been very tense. :o<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I am officially down 60 pounds as of this morning. I guess the extra weight loss of these last two weeks is my body's way of saying thank you for the vacation!

I have been meaning to share the link for a Thai Fresh Pea soup recipe that I tried and loved. While it would no doubt be better with fresh peas, it was delicious with frozen peas. I did not bother to make the green curry paste from scratch, just used one from the grocery store. I did double the onions and garlic and used 2 tsp of the curry paste, which gave it a zing, but was not overpowering. http://oneperfectbite.blogspot.fr/2009/04/thai-fresh-pea-soup-with-green-curry.html

Becca: Love the Astoria rocks. That is the kind of adventure I would have loved to share with my kids when they were small.

DrKatieBug: Great news about the followup mammogram results!

Machka: What a fabulous view! The blue of the water is amazing!

Penny: Thanks for the water warning; I have been trying to up my water, but seem stuck around 6-7 glasses per day. After reading the signs you mentioned, I think I am okay where I am.

Tere: The chicken with white bean soup sounds lovely.

Rimmy: 92 pounds down is amazing!

Lillian: Congratulations on the weight and inches lost!

Leigh in France
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary from MN: Stop in and let us know how you're doing whenever you are able. I think of you often. :heart:

JanetR: That rock looks huge! How did your nephew transport it to Argentina??? :huh:

Ginger: It looks like you have a well thought out plan. WTG! Let us know how it goes. :flowerforyou:

Lenora: & Kate UK: I sure felt better after my "robin's egg" was gone. Gallstones are really painful. I'm not surprised to hear your friend felt much better without the "sludge." Kate, waking up afterwards I haven't had any additional gallbladder pain. It is such a worthwhile surgery for those who need it. :heart:

NYKaren: Keeping weight steady is a continuing challenge. That is why I'm still here after reaching my goal. I need all the support I can get to avoid yoyo dieting. :ohwell:

Tere in RVA: Hot flashes do go away, but they take their own sweet time about it. I've been past the hotflash stage for a long time, but I need a cool room and just enough covers to sleep well. We bought an electric blank with dual controls. DH has his side turned up and I have my side turned off. I am not a fan of electric blankets but this allows us to sleep in the same bed. :wink:

Machka: Your neighborhood is spectacular! What season is shown in these photos? :star:

Heather: I'm sending hugs and love to your childhood self, and huge accolades to the woman you have become. That takes courage and persistence. :flowerforyou:

Rimmy: Congratulations on your good progress! :star:

Lillian: WTG!!!! Great progress. :bigsmile:

Yoga today!!! My other "todo" item is making an appointment for servicing my VW. I wonder how much it will cost. Likely more than I want to spend, but I need to take good care of the car so it can take good care of me.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) I'm home from the morning dog walking....45 minutes before breakfast, 95 minutes after, over 11,000 steps. That allows me to get the stores with Jake early--gotta get groceries, more bark for the yard, and pick up some prescriptions for him. Then I'll be free to work on my front yard rock project. It will be cool again today so getting overheated won't be a danger.

<3 Barbie in beautiful sunny NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    morning peeps - getting old is not for the week, 58 is not starting out good enough for me
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla thanks! Enjoy your yoga class today. I hate taking my car to get fixed I feel like it's a waste of money but in reality we get over 200 and some odd thousand miles on our cars before we sell them.

Stronglift rest day.

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-10 X7X 30
    I also did a deload on this from 35-30 pounds I wanted to make sure that I don't aggravate my back.

June Move Your @$$ Challenge
    I already put 2 miles in and I am aiming for 5 miles total today.

Good morning ladies! It's a beautiful day outside so, I walked over and pick my dog up from the boarding for the weekend. And I am going to mow my lawn for two hours before I go to my doctors appointment this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I stayed under my allotment yesterday and did not take do any eating in bed last night either! I did not have any exercise calories for the buffer either. I have noticed that I am doing a bit more planning on how my day is going to look foodwise - hopefully, this will help me stick to my goals.

Leigh in France - Congrats on your loss!!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Katla I don't believe the rock was as big as it may have appeared in his picture. I believe he blew up the picture to show the detail. He had it in his backpack.

Janetr okc
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. At work and a little sore this morning. My lower back and right hip (where I have had bursitis in the past) has been giving me fits. My hip felt like it was on fire this morning. I am going to try to sleep on the floor for a couple nights to see if that helps. Hubby insists on a waterbed (he is such a 70’s guy), and even though we have a firm waveless mattress, I think it may still be aggravating my joint pain. It can’t just be age, right?? ;)

Tere and Lenora: My grandmother had fig trees and made fig jam. I loved it! Once we get our garden in shape (we just recently moved into our home), I am hoping to have a potted fig tree for my husband’s porch.

Machka and Chris: Beautiful beach pictures. I was tempted to try to go to the coast this weekend, but we’ve been so busy and have scheduled travel for the next few weekends, so I decided staying home this weekend was the best option.

Heather: What beautiful granddaughters! I love those suits.

Kate: I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, and it changed my life. You will feel so much better once you are rid of it!

It’s a beautiful day today in the pacific northwest. I am looking forward to my lunch hike. I brought fresh strawberries, plain whole milk yogurt, and Udi's gluten free granola for lunch today. Have I already said how amazing Oregon strawberries are??? I am going to have to track down some more. We have a few in our garden, but not nearly enough for me!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon