WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Barbie – thank you for the weight and dumbbell information. I will check out Big 5 next time I’m in town.

Katla – what a lucky accident with the vinegar! I’ve done that as well, I keep forgetting what a great cleaner white vinegar is. And how good vinegar is for digestion – we go through a lot of apple cider vinegar at our house.

Kate – so let me see if I understand this… the plan is for you to have 2 surgeries? First to remove stones in bile duct then gallbladder? I hope they get it all done at once… and hope feel well on your holiday. In our area, anyone with gallstones who have had symptoms are considered on the verge of “emergency” surgery. I had chronic pain for several months, an ultrasound showed a polyp in the gallbladder. Surgeon said sooner or later it would have to come out as they can become cancerous, not to mention block the bile duct. So, surgery was scheduled within a few weeks.

Pip, thank you for sharing that video re the MS ride on Whidbey. Great weather for it! Hope it was a successful fund-raiser.

Machka, love the photos of your view and the nearby beach. I don’t mind the beach it’s stormy – winters on the Pacific NW Beaches are something else.

Chris – your beach walk was gorgeous! Glad you could see your friends and your mom for at least a little while.

Katiebug – so happy for the good mammogram results!

Paula – love your little watchdog! Is he all Schnauzer?

Sarah – way to go on that bicycle ride! Neat having your daughter along! Glad you weren’t too achey from it. I admire all you bikers.... I haven't ridden one regularly in decades - it quickly becomes obvious which thigh muscles are out of shape. Sitting is NOT good exercise!

Becca – love the Astoria Rocks! That is becoming popular with some folks around here. You remind me of Melissa D’Arabian from Food Network Stars – I think she had a show called $10 meals for a while? Your meals look better!

Heather – agree on hiring a landscaper/gardener to minimize injury and to haul off debris. My DH was a landscaper for years and what used to take him an afternoon now takes several days, but he still isn’t ready to give it over.

Better close for now. Load of beauty bark should be arriving any minute, and chimney sweep to arrive in an hour.

Lanette
    SW WA State - sunny and cool! Honeysuckle starting to bloom....it's a great day! <3

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I've been STARVING all afternoon today. Had various healthy snacks that didn't touch the sides! Just now had my dinner - a huge chilli! :D Luckily I only had it with roasted cauliflower. I'm docking 400 calories. Stuffed now!
    Haven't been that hungry in ages. :*

I did have one unit of Campari ( 50 mls ) and soda. I have the set of measures from Amazon. Saves me just sloshing too much into the glass. :o

Been getting texts all day from my friend up in York as she completes on her brand new apartment. She is now in there, but she dinged her new car in the underground car park. :o Her sister is with her for moral support. <3 I am excited for her. Big move from south to north at the age of 68.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Machka – What country? Since you use terms in meters – figure it isn’t the USA.

Louise – You really shouldn’t refer to this as a ‘diet’ (most tend to set themselves up for failure by doing so); it is a ‘life-style change for the better way of eating healthy’. Tracking what you eat will give you an idea of ‘how’ you eat, and what changes you need to make. First talking to your MD or a Nutritionist to find out what # of calories taken it; and, how many # of calories to burn it off is always a good idea. MFP will give you a number; but, that might not be low enough unless you do a lot of exercise. My CI (from Nutritionist) is a lot lower than that set by MFP. But, I 2 handfuls of medications and vitamins and supplements to ‘kill a horse’. Most of the medications I take have ‘weight gain’ as a side effect; so it takes a lot lower CI; and a higher CO for me to lose weight and once I do, it still will … ergo ‘life-style change’. I haven’t given up the foods I like; but, I’ve changed the way they are prepared.

Chris in MA – Can’t wait until we have our ‘sisters’ weekend later on, probably in early Fall.

Rimmy – Great loss; and, I know how much it felt for me to get out of the ‘obese’ and now back down to ‘overweight’; 2 more points, maybe 20 more pounds I will be a ‘normal’ BMI.

Heather – Will brought us a quart jar of homemade dill pickles – I ate every single one of them, one a night. I told him that I hoped he could find someone that made them and could buy a couple of jars of them. Had the real dill weed in it. I used the juice on things that I like, tuna salad, egg salad, regular salads … nothing from that pickle jar was wasted.

I love fresh homegrown tomatoes; but, I cannot eat ketchup. I put mustard on my hashbrowns, fries, or anything that ketchup would be used.

Grandkids are precious. Bea is going to be able to ‘hold her own’ when the 2 older ones try to give her trouble.
    I know when I lost my first pregnancy – It really made the ones that produced my 2 sons and they came out with no complications made me be a better mother to them. I did not want to ever lose another child; but, it was just as difficult when Louis’ daughter lost her first child when she was struck and killed by a ‘high’ teenager. Then we went through another loss when Sherry decided she no longer wanted us in her ‘life’. So out of 6 granddaughters, we’ve lost 2; both are hers.

Becca – YUMMY salad … I could eat it right now!

Tere in RVA – The man who grows enough tomatoes to supply the entire county and still sells a lot to local restaurants and 2 huge fig trees and he does not even charge us for the figs. I think the one on the front near the street has the best ones because they are smaller; but, we pick as many as we can (hopefully before the birds get to them).

Katla – My surgeon asked if I wanted to ‘keep my stones’. Not hardly! Glad for them to be ‘gone’ and did not want to have a reminder of the pain the caused. They looked like chunks of gravel (just not quite as rough).

Felicia – II think I am going to see if Mr. Vernon will let us take a couple of cutting off his tree; they root very easily. My boss’s Dad gave us 2 in pots; and, we planted them in our back yard in Albany; but, the lady would bought the house re-did the entire landscape of the yard.

Lenora
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    My gallstones were a whole lot of yellow pyramids!!!! The surgeon had never seen anything like them.I still have them. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Heather your gallstones sound amazing. Almost like the star one sees if cutting an apple across the seed pods.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Today's lunch salad: fresh spinach, whole wheat penne pasta, 1 oz tuna, with poppyseed dressing! Tonight is some homemade lasagna. I am feeling so much better these days!
    Becca
    k34797w2y2s3.jpg
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    9 days and still sick. I made a Dr appt. but can't get in to see him until Wed. morning. Airplane germs for sure.
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Awe get better Danaree!!
  • coastalgosgal
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Premade my two pieces of lasagna. Hopefully they will settle down some and not over flow! I am fixing my husbands now.
    acl98fh7imwe.jpg

Peavhes. Ooh I'm jealous! I wanna homemaker husband! Mine does empty the dishwasher every morning though. I shall take him!

Becca
    Oregon

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    Oops Peaches!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Pip: Getting older is a consequence of life and it includes wear and tear on body parts. They need more maintenance and are easier to damage than they were in the past. Being weak is a consequence of injury, sickness or lifestyle. A person can get stronger and more resilient, but she can't be superwoman and does face injury from time to time. You are a warrior and warriors are active. Injuries happen sometimes. I hope you're feeling better soon. (((HUGS)))

Lenora: I absolutely agree with the advice you gave to Louise. If a person wants to be successful staying at a healthy weight it requires a permanent lifestyle change, not just a temporary diet. :smiley:

Yoga today was wonderful. One of my fellow students has decided she loves yoga and wants to teach. She's taking classes on teaching yoga and is now teaching some of our classes. She is doing amazingly well. :bigsmile: Tomorrow we will take my VW to the dealer for its 200 thousand mile service. $$$ :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche

• weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lenora and Katla - is there another Louise in this group? I have not referred to being on a diet.
  • GingerSnaps718
    GingerSnaps718 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Enjoyed reading about you all.
    Goals for June:
    -To exercise 5x per week. Biking @ least 10 miles per week & Walking
    -Record meals each day @ 1200 - 1500 calories per day
    - Do something fun once a week that is not connected to doing work.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    June Accountability
    Progress - Sunday, June 4th

1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B8, L46, D18 = 72)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (35g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔️4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔️7. In bed by 12am
    ✔8. Zone work - 15 minutes daily
    9. Monthly tasks bingo (24 tasks)
    ✔10. Art Challenge: Daily ICAD

Carbs. Had a cup of Red beans and rice for lunch. High in carbs and fiber. So I went over my 25g limit. I'm okay with that once in a while.

Challenge.. No go. I did not get up and out today. Just couldn't make myself. Got to bed earlier but woke up at 6am with twitchy legs. Drank some water and went back to bed - without my CPAP. Woke up late feeling groggy. I get twitchy legs on a rare occasion - once every couple of months. By "twitchy" I mean restless. I have an urge to move them to shake the feeling.

Thunderstorms this evening.
    -- Ginger in Texas
    Note to self: pp 1, 5, 8, 11, 12.
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Felicia Hello and I hope your back feels better :)
    Leigh Congrats. What an accomplishment. I don't know if you remember the weight equivalent chart but 60 lbs = an elephant's pe___. I hope you are not offended. I thought it was funny. I attached it below again.
    Alexx Wow 100oz, I can hardly get my 64oz done, good for you!
    Mary I suffer from brain fog too on and off due to a concussion. It is quite unsettling, fingers crossed for you!
    KJ thanks for the encouraging words
    DJ Hey and thanks. Mental illness is devastating on the family - they are in my thoughts

Did a Leslie Sansone video this morning. We had salad, a small piece of garlic bread and 4 vegetarian meatballs in my homemade tomato sauce. It was very good.

It has been raining here on and off since March and is very depressing. All I want to do is eat bad stuff and watch Netflix but I won't. I am more tired than usual and our house is still cold inside and we are too cheap to turn the heat on because it is JUNE for pete's sake!

Send me your warmth and I will send you my love!

Have a good night everyone.

Sarah.

84f7b1o08lo2.jpg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)