WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Barbie My DH is a serial health gadgetist. He buys all kinds of healing technology, uses them a few times and leaves them wherever he last used them. I could open a healing center lol!
    Michele thanks, I like the pool idea. I did some yoga this morning. My back felt better but it hurt my neck hahaha.
    KarenOntario Welcome and wondering Canada?
    Lanette I love Rhodos! Mine are small and sad.
    DanaLove the quote and thank you!
    Becca you rock girl!

So my daughter and I are making mushroom risotto for the first time. Hopefully it turns out. I think I am a little high on the wine fumes lol!

Windy and rainy AGAIN. Will be doing a sun dance shortly.

Have a great evening!

<3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Katla Awe thankyou for the foodie compliment! I love the layering of textures, and tastes. Tonights salad will be the pumpkin seeds, cranberries and diced strawberries with spinach, iceburg lettuce, and turkey slices on the side. I recd some poppy seed dressing from one of the food banks and I'm loving it!
    Becca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Vicki , Grand Island NE This month is simple, yet important goals!
    Becca
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    June Accountability
    Progress - Monday, June 5th

✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B23, L0, D7, AS6, BBS25 = 61)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (32g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔️4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by 12am
    ✔8. Zone work - 15 minutes daily
    ✔9. Monthly tasks bingo (24 tasks)
    ✔10. Art Challenge: Daily ICAD

Exercise. I really need to get moving. I'll do my 30 minutes today. I need to just do it. I'll probably do the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos. Those get my heart rate up.

No eating after 9pm. Thought about changing this goal to "12 hour overnight fast". Sometimes if I'm busy - I'm late to eat and late to bed. But... I DO want to stop eating by 9pm AND get to bed at a decent hour - which for me is midnight. I'm retired. I'm often up late with my sweet Mama (90). So... it's not always possible to get to bed earlier. I'm okay with that as long as I make the effort to wind down (helps Mom wind down too) and get to bed earlier.

I'm getting my zone work done. This week is Zone 2: Kitchen. Monday - I cleaned out a cabinet, wiped cabinet door fronts and cleaned to pantry door.

Also worked on my Bingo tasks... projects. Some of these tasks are slow going... inch by inch - depending on actions from other people.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi, I'm just starting back on MFP. I never really got started before so I'm feeling my way around. Nice to see an over 50 group. Do you still have room for another member?

Liz-Anna

:) Welcome, we are glad you joined us. There is definitely room for you. Please tell us more about yourself and join in the conversation. We share ideas and encouragement with each other. Each of us remembers how it felt to be starting on the journey. Many of us have been on the road for a long time and others are newer.

<3 Barbie from sunny beautiful NW Washington
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Mary I take Epson salt baths to help keep me from getting leg cramps at night.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm currently reading the book The Blue Zones Solution by Dan Buettner. Saw him on The Today Show all last week and was intrigued. It's about eating and living like the world's healthiest people. Has anyone else read this?

Cheri
    TX
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    evening ladies~
    now I sorta know i might be stretching it, but my intuition makes me think not.. I cant get to the lawyer quick enough.
    so awhile back I told you he bought Mary Chapin Carpenter tickets for up in Maine, it is dinner and the show.. on August 5th.... soooo he texts me to say oh I think im going to go to Watkins Glen this summer, well gee its the same weekend as the concert, and he sold his watkins glen tickets last year.. soooo I am guessing that he might be taking his lady friend up to Maine for the weekend and I will think he is in Watkins Glen.. he thinks he is pretty slick..(NOT) came home and didnt say a word to him, and he asked if everything was ok >:)

Been there, girl. It is not fun. They think they are so clever. Hugs.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Allie- tell him great then I'm going to the Mary Chapin Carpenter concert with a friend.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    csofled wrote: »
    I'm currently reading the book The Blue Zones Solution by Dan Buettner. Saw him on The Today Show all last week and was intrigued. It's about eating and living like the world's healthiest people. Has anyone else read this?

Cheri
    TX

I've read several Blue Zone books and loved them
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member