Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    sand86802 wrote: »
    READY FOR SUMMER CHALLENGE UPDATE

I am late again and I apologize for the delay. Here are the results for this week.

A few more participants bring the total to 44 challengers. I recorded 22 entries this week. 15 were losses, 2 were stable and the last 5 were gains. In total this week saw a combined loss of 20.8 which bring the total loss since April 26th at a whooping 183.2 lbs!

Way to go everyone! Keep at it and don't give up!

Thanks for keeping track. It's a hard thing to keep tabs on, what with people having good intentions or momentary interest to sign up then forget or lose interest in keeping up with it on a consistent basis .... Gees ... that's how our diets also go ... with waxing and waning enthusiasm!

Today I ate a raw organic carrot when the munchies got into my thoughts ... and then I thought about how good it would taste to dip that carrot into some humus, or ranch dressing, or blue cheese .... and I feel pretty pleased with myself for not stocking those extras in the house so I couldn't go nuts with it. But now, just a few minutes later, I want more.

• mandaleigh22
    mandaleigh22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal:
    Oh man, soo many goals! Right now though I am struggling with something that I find to be the hardest starting out.. Night time snacking. As of today, it will be my 3rd successful day with NO night time snacking. Go me! So right now, that's my goal.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @mandaleigh22 - That was my hardest challenge as well! I found an accountability group here on MFP, in the challenge section. "No Late Night Snacking - June 2017." I found that very helpful in breaking that nasty LNS habit. Good luck!
  • alexxstarnes
    alexxstarnes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hi, new here. I could use some motivation and suggestions from people who are in the same boat as I am. I have over 100 lbs to lose please add me if you can
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tuesday goals

Get my meals prepped so i have some ready to reheat or grab and go foods.
    I am so busy with getting my dogs walked after work and my step goals...the last couple days i have had several cheat meals :(

I will get my butt in gear....fast food is not a constant alternative i should be using. Especially not twice in the same evening for 1 meal period :s
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Welcome @thehappyelf1 and @alexxstarnes

Join in the discussions we are haooy to have you here...some daily suggestions are found on the 1st page of this thread. Like today is tuesday....what are our goals.

Also we have a weightloss challenge going on. Most of us weighin on wednesdays. But anyday is good ;)

And good luck!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Goals - for this week it's simply to try to get back on track and not let the grieving for my little Yorkie/Shih Tzu derail my will power. I had to have her put down (what a terrible expression) last Friday, although I knew all week that it was going to happen. I know it was the right thing to do, but it was extremely hard. I'm afraid to weigh in tomorrow because I stress eat. I have been a little better the last couple of days so hoping for a small loss or at least not be big a gain. Jazz was 16 years and 3 months old and I had her since she was 6 weeks old. :)z7k3z4rhd34x.jpg
    She was camera shy, LOL. I could never get a good picture of her.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my cat a few years ago and I still miss him. I want to adopt another one but it is not possible yet due to my schedule.

@Nikion901 You are welcome. It has been fun and really interesting to see the pattern. Also very enlightening to notice that a lot of people go through the same things.

I will not monitor the next challenge though (if next challenge there is). I probably wont even participate. The next few months are uncertain for me right now. I want to quit my job and go to France to visit my family but that may be delayed for a few months if my foot is broken and I have to be off of it for some time. I hate being stuck and not having a plan but there isnt much I can do until I get the date of the bone scan.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier - sorry for your loss, she was beautiful and will be ever young and healthy in your memories.

Well I was trying to get approved for additional physical therapy but no dice, but the PT offers a Phase III 12 session extension for only $65 which I think I will sign up for. My heart won't be monitored like regular PT but all the medical personnel will be there so I will feel safer.
    I totaled my car 2 weeks ago falling asleep at the wheel. This is one of the symptoms of my heart disease, but I've always had problems with fatigue. Now I have to buy a new-used car for the money my insurance company will pay for my car, less than $4500. Amazingly, I found one, a 2007 Nissan Sentra with only $92K miles on it (around 9K miles/yr, nothing for Texas). It's in great shape and I should have it purchased by the end of the week. Yay. My insurance is great tho, I have until mid-week next week with my rental car paid.
    I had a 2 lb loss yesterday when I weighed in at PT, so I'm hoping that will stick around for tomorrow for our weekly weigh-in!

Consistency, vigilance, and KEEP THAT BODY MOVING!
    Tracy
    TX

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier sorry about your doggie; beautiful hair! I have 14 years old Yorkie ... wherever I go, he comes too. My husband knows ... doesn't matter where his job takes us the dogs comes too or I don't go. But he is getting old and I wonder how much longer we will have him. About 18 months we got him a "brother" to keep him company .... a black lab; they do look like an odd couple, but they get along quite well and they look so cute when they sleep together sharing the couch.

@GOINSTD12 Congrats on your weigh loss, but OMG how scary about your accident! The car can be replaced, but are you OK?

@mandaleigh22 when I want to snack at night ... I drink tons of wanter; sometime just hot water (like for tea); it fills me and helps hydrate at the same time.

@sand86802 hope your foot its not broken and you can go back soon to visit your family. Its hard not being able to plan ahead and the uncertainty.

For the next challenge I can monitor the group's progress if no one else is available. Right now I am not working so I have the time.

Welcome @thehappyelf1 and @alexxstarnes
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier so sad for your loss. i know it is heartbreaking. what a beautiful girl.
    animals are such pure souls I know she is in puppy heaven.
  • newjax2017
    Options
    @sand, I hope you find a great job that you are happy in the environment...
    boss put cameras in the break room !? seriously!?
    and thank you for monitoring the challenge, it is my first time doing something like this and I find it incredibly helpful.

@campfirequeen I ordered a scale. It should come today and after all your good advice I was kind of scared of ordering internationally so I found a brand Soehnle with a long history and the reviews seem fine. I will let you know :) I am glad your vacation was great !!

• newjax2017
    Options
    Ready for summer 10 week challenge

Name Jo
    Age 47
    Height 161 centimetres about 5 foot 3

Start weight (week of April 19) 91kgs / 200.6 lbs
    Goal weight (Saturday July 1) 85 kgs / 187 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    April 26 91 kgs / 200.6 lbs
    May 3 197.1
    May 10 194.4
    May 17 193.5
    May 24 191.2
    May 31 192.1
    June 7 187.1
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 1

Weight +/- this week -5
    Weight +/- total -13.5

I am so so happy... i stayed pretty much consistent during my period and my weight went up up up and then came off again. yay!
    I did go over my allotted calorie goal and ate some junk but only a bit over my TDEE, so I guess that balanced with the 2 days I couldn't eat a lot because I felt unwell. (apparently when I am unwell vanilla ice cream is medicinal)

I am very much (for the first time in my life and all those years yo-yoing) learning that consistency is key.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • dmorrical
    dmorrical Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Name: Desi
    Height: 5'5

Start Weight (week of April 19): 333
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 313

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 -330.6
    2. May 3 -323.8
    3. May 10 -322.6
    4. May 17 -320.8
    5. May 24 -317.6
    6. May 31 -316.8
    7. June 7 -315.6
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: 1.2 lbs
    Weight -/+ total 17.4 lbs
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Name: Helene
    Heigh: 5'4

SW: 276.4
    GW: <260 (that would be my lowest weight since 2012!)

April 26: 276.4
    May 3: 275.2
    May10: 272
    May 17: 274.2
    May 24: 272.4
    May 31: 271.2
    June 7: 271.8
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 1:

Weight +/- this week: +0.6
    Weight +/- total: -4.6

Not happy but not surprised. This second vacation we went to the restaurant twice, not to mention stadium hot dogs and fries (GO BLUE JAYS!). I am back at it and determined to keep losing even if it is slow. I highly doubt I will meet my goal for this challenge (it would amount to almost 3lbs/week for the next month).

@newjax2017 I work in someone's house so technically he has every right to. Except his argument for putting the first 2 (living room and bedroom) was that he wanted to be able to see his mom during the day... His mom hasnt set foot in the kitchen in 6 months. I dont have anything to hide and I continue doing the same thing but it's the principle. Oh and he hasnt mentionned it at all. I just saw it when I started working on Monday.
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name:June
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 258
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 235

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 -256.1
    2. May 3 - 255.5
    3. May 10 -255
    4. May 17 -254.6
    5. May 24 ---
    6. May 31 ---
    7. June 7 -253.2
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 (56th birthday)

Weight -/+ this week:-.5
    Weight -/+ total: 3
  • birgitkwood
    Options
    @bapcarrier - I am so very sorry for your loss! Such a difficult decision to make, but also the right one. My deepest sympathies. Sending hugs, B.
  • birgitkwood
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

SW: 193.6
    GW: between 182 &185 (which will be "healthy BMI" and maintenance range

April 26: 192.4
    May 3: 188.6
    May10: 190.6
    May 17: 192.8
    May 24: 187.8
    May 31: ?? traveling and not near scale
    June 7: 189.0
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 1:

Weight +/- this week: +1.2
    Weight +/- total this Challenge: -4.6
    Total Weighloss: -116.0

After all the craziness in my life over the past two weeks, when I weighed on Monday I was up more than 6 lbs. So happy to find today that almost all of it was water weight and I now have only 1.2 lbs of actual weight gain to deal with. No problem - that will come off in no time. Life is good!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    A tough week around here. I'm so sorry to hear about you little friend, @bapcarrier , and @GOINSTD12 --I would be scared to get back behind the wheel! Are you okay?

My kid was sick last week, so I didn't weigh in last Wednesday. I think I've lost since then--all indications seem to point that way except the scale, which has been fluctuating wildly the past couple of days. I think it's water retention due to some salty food and other factors. I suspect next week will show a dramatic difference. Time will tell, but I feel great either way! :)

Wishing you all the best!

Name: tabletop_joe
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 231
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 212 (admittedly ambitious, but if I fail, I still win).

1. April 26 - 234
    2. May 3 - 227
    3. May 10 - 225
    4. May 17 - 224.8
    5. May 24 - 222.8
    6. May 31 - (skip-illness in family)
    7. June 7 - 222.4
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: -0.4