Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Seriously have my office door locked so no one tempts me
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't trust people that frequently brag about their good deeds.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,494 Member
    Options
    benjaminhk wrote: »

Who are you trying to convince more? Me or yourself?

I see this as a trick question, and I ain't fallin' for it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Who are you trying to convince more? Me or yourself?

I see this as a trick question, and I ain't fallin' for it.

l2tsuaj3ij90.jpg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I drove an old lady who doesn't understand or speak English (I am not a stranger to her) and her cat home so she didn't have to walk in the rain with a cat.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

TBH, I don't believe/trust anyone that brags about anything, especially if it's over and over. Their "hard" workouts, how much they get hit on, how awesome they are... etc. Who are you trying to convince more? Me or yourself?

im not just awesome... im kitten awesome!

Well of course, you are discluded from this statement!
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I think it's good to share ideas of good deeds, makes me more aware of things I can do to help people
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I drove an old lady who doesn't understand or speak English (I am not a stranger to her) and her cat home so she didn't have to walk in the rain with a cat.

That's really quite nice, and demonstrates to people with EAL or visitors that we aren't all bad/xenophobic idiots

Distrust how? distrust their deeds or just them in general? also how frequent becomes frequently?
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I have to say I sometimes hesitate to offer to do things for people because I don't want to offend them.
    Example being someone who is physically disabled, I sometimes feel awkward offering to help because I don't know how they will take it.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine--preferable, even--to feel good about doing something good.

It might be purer in some academic way if it's wholly altruistic, I guess, but I think it's better to do good regardless of motivation than not to do good because you're concerned about why you're doing it.

• MrStabbems
    Options

It might be purer in some academic way if it's wholly altruistic, I guess, but I think it's better to do good regardless of motivation than not to do good because you're concerned about why you're doing it.

That's valid point and kinda related to @Vikka_V 's. It's odd that we might stop and not do a good deed if it might be taken the wrong way. That being said the saying "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" springs to mind
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    i think i screwed up my left shoulder due to poor form

But your wrist is still good?

• MrStabbems
    edited June 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I would never suggest that someone not do good because they are concerned about why they are doing it. My suggestion would be to make a habit of doing good. Make it part of your lifestyle, do these things without thinking. If it becomes part of your routine then you won't feel the need to talk about it, but you still did it. That person will remember it and hopefully be inspired by it, do something similar and pass on the kindness.

What if, by talking about it you inspired others to go and do more good deeds so the net good deed's is higher if you talk about it that if you just did it and kept quiet...

in fact I think it might be selfish NOT to talk about it! :lol:
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    @Vikka_V wrote: »

Should have left the cat behind
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    edited June 2017
    Options
    i stopped giving money to homeless people

What about the unemployed?
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

I would never suggest that someone not do good because they are concerned about why they are doing it. My suggestion would be to make a habit of doing good. Make it part of your lifestyle, do these things without thinking. If it becomes part of your routine then you won't feel the need to talk about it, but you still did it. That person will remember it and hopefully be inspired by it, do something similar and pass on the kindness.

What if, by talking about it you inspired others to go and do more good deeds so the net good deed's is higher if you talk about it that if you just did it and kept quiet...

Yep. You're right. I am a selfish *kitten*. Lol

but we still love you L. You and your many many innumerable flaws :lol:

especially the flaws.
  • MrStabbems
    Options

Yep. You're right. I am a selfish *kitten*. Lol

but we still love you L. You and your many many innumerable flaws :lol:

especially the flaws.

qefz5fr3b0k4.jpg

All your perfect imperfections L. :*
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    i stopped giving money to homeless people

What the unemployed?

id buy you a beer or 2