WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Well, I had a nice granola cereal for breakfast, and then ate it again for lunch with some strawberries. This morning at the laundromat, I started feeling awful. I think I am just a bit backed up ( I know tmi, but how else do I explain it??). Had a bath, because my back is hurting, then napped until 1 pm. Woke up to have my second small bowl of cereal. Nothing sounded good. Crazy me.

No pictures today folks. But life will resume its merry way soon enough!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Evening Ladies~
    Long day at work today and I am tired... didn't eat to much .. not in the mood I guess..
    Thank you all for your war stories.. about cheating husbands... I am going to do my damndest to be civil , and get through this with grace and decorum .. but it is like a slap in the face.. and let me tell you I am gonna fight the fight until I get what I want..
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Ginger, your plan sounds like a good one. Good for you and good luck.

Paula, cute fur baby. We have a stool by the front window for ours to get on in order to see out.

Heather, what a cute picture of the girls on the beach!!!

M, absolutely beautiful pictures. What views.

Kate, that doesn’t sound good to wait. My gall stones turned into pancreatitis which they said is dangerous. I hope you don’t have more pain if you have to wait.

Rimmy, we love hearing what is going on with everyone. Don’t worry about being a hog. Lol That is my problem but it’s with food. Congrats on the great loss.

Lillian, a huge congrats on getting where you are. Go girl.

Allie, I’m so sorry for what you are going through. If there is anyone in the world that doesn’t deserve that, it’s you. Hang in there and hopefully it will be over sooner than later. ((((Hugs))))
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had to skip a little and skimmed a little as I got behind. It’s been raining here for 3 or 4 days but should be over soon. I’ve been enjoying spending time with DD and her sweet dog. Yesterday I took BFF's DD to the airport to get her flight to Texas. Later, DH and I went to her house and picked up the car to bring here so the son wouldn't steal it. Hopefully soon we will ship it to Texas and get it out of our driveway.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Becca: What is the name of your favorite flower? I think I want it to be mine too! Absolutely beautiful! <3
  • CricketsGirl
    CricketsGirl Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks, Katia. I posted just before you with a bit about me. I'm really looking forward to retirement. My 'good' energy is early in the day when I'm leaving for work and gone by the time I get home so I have to really push myself out the door for a walk. How many of you are retired or close to it?
  • alexxstarnes
    alexxstarnes Posts: 21 Member
    Did good today, managed to get all my veggies today by adding spinach to the shake in the am. 50 minutes in the pool, I rocked this day! I am happy that I could do this! I can do this! I am a Badass! 2adtoz3ireoz.jpg
  • alexxstarnes
    alexxstarnes Posts: 21 Member
    I hope everyone had an awesome day. So far I am meeting my daily and weekly and monthly goals. over 100 oz of water today second day in the pool. I have more energy since I started this program. What does anyone know about enzymes? Pluses? minuses? any problems with them? Any Brand suggestions? Thanks for being here this group is awesome!

Alexx Missouri
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    Thanks, Katia. I posted just before you with a bit about me. I'm really looking forward to retirement. My 'good' energy is early in the day when I'm leaving for work and gone by the time I get home so I have to really push myself out the door for a walk. How many of you are retired or close to it?

I retired from my 5 day a week job last August, having put in nearly 20 years in county government. Worked as part-time casual help on and off in another county department starting last November and am currently on "hiatus".

Love being retired - like Barbie, I'm also a morning person and aim to get a long walk in early in the morning sans dogs.

One of the biggest adjustments for me was being home full time with my DH who retired 6 years ago... and figuring out how to have our own space, adjusting to each other's eating and napping habits. Naps are great, by the way.

Good luck! I am very happy no longer "working for the man" B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    Becca: What is the name of your favorite flower? I think I want it to be mine too! Absolutely beautiful! <3

Its a pink fuchsia!
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Vicki in Grand Island - thanks for sharing your struggle! I know for me it is harder to share the trials.

Liz-Anna- Welcome! I am new here, too - you get lots of support!

Michele in NC - Otter pops are like popsicles. I like the ones from Costco. They are bigger and time taste better that the little ones from grocery store. One big one has 40 calories.

I'm grateful to report continued loss! At the gym today, I noticed I have steadily increased my speed to keep my heart rate in the zone! I have been exercising faithfully for over 9 months and have increased frequency and length of workout. Now that I am going faster, I may just work I that and keep time to 45 minutes plus cool down. I do like seeing that 400 exercise calories on my MFP log!

Louise in Vegas
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Hi gals,

I was called in to work today for a little and it through me "off" a little. Had a nice little nap earlier (rare). Not been eating as well for about a week but now that the meds will be back to regular dose tomorrow planning to charge on through with workout and meeting calorie goal.

Really enjoying hearing from the newbies. Stick with us!

Carey - Good job!

Allie - Do you have to prove T's affair in court to get what you deserve? Any chance he will cave in out of a sense of guilt?
    Thinking of you as you walk this journey.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Toni in Tennessee
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Lanette – I think it is too hot for Rhodos to survive down here. We have different kinds of azaleas that bloom for a short period of time about the time the pecan trees leaf out (sort of can tell that Spring is actually here with no frost by watching the pecan trees). Can’t keep a ‘bleeding heart’ alive either. I don’t know why some shops even carry them. I’ve been nursing my lipstick plant which entails me putting it under the Cypress Tree (hanging up) and totally ignoring it unless it get really dry, we haven’t had that problem, enough rain to keep them alive. I’ve got a huge Staghorn fern in a hanging basket out there, too. I’m in Zone 8 and other than ‘tropical plants’ most things will thrive here. But, my orchids are doing fabulously out on the porch.

Mary - Gee, I’m not Allie; but, I think I would have someone follow him and take pictures. Don’t think I would miss the concert to do it. Someone he would not recognize; but, I would be vicious if my DH had taken up with another woman. One thing to remember is ‘ask’ for a lot more than you’ll take … you can always ‘settle’ for something more reasonable; but, you can’t ‘go up’. It is certainly ‘ok’ to be viewed as being unreasonable; when you ‘know’ you are; but, just trying to have as many bargaining chips as possible. Also, if one gets ‘alimony’ it should ask that it be named as ‘settlement’; so they don’t have to pay taxes on it, he will. I know someone who did that and got alimony until she retired. But, she got what she wanted because she PUSHED for it. Also, be prepared to go to court if need be; but, normally that is not recommended. Don’t forget any portion of retirement he might have put up during the marriage. Yep, DH takes up with another woman, he won’t be able to ‘keep her up’. I’ll have all the money, I’d have his ‘Florida’ home and he could just ‘stick it up his’ …. **$#&)*^$

Michele – I put a lot of Epsom Salt in my bath … it is really cheap. Enough that I can feel it before it finally melts. Usually not in hot, hot water; but, warm enough. You won’t find me in a ‘cold bath or shower’ on purpose.
    When I was test-driving my HONDA, the salesman took me on a route where there was a near 45° curve (not really that sharp; but, sharp enough) the speed limit 45mph; he told me to keep it at that speed when I was going around the curve; that car ‘hunkered down’ and made it … I was more scared that he was. We have several really bad curves around here; and one I would really like to go up in a small plane to see how curvy it really is. I can take it at 55mph and never cross over the center line. BUT, if you are in the passenger side, you feel like you are going to fly off into the field.

Dana – I do think that Joanna puts ‘her’ spin on decorating, like a ‘signature’. Actually, you need to ask the people you are decorating for what they like, don’t like, colors and so on. If they are going to take all the furniture out of the house after they have their party to show it off; then, she should be able to take what she has and work it into the space and still have it look like it belongs to them. I ‘like’ the gray and crisp white; but, it is a ‘trendy’ color. Not long ago she did one up with either navy or dark green and it was such a refreshing difference from the norm.

Yep, sometimes someone has to kiss a lot of frogs to find their prince/princesses … it can be done. What you are probably talking about is ‘no-fault’ divorce (most states have this; it used to be that when a man took a wife, she literally became ‘his’ property and getting a divorce was a HUGE deal; because you had to lauder your ‘dirty’ linen in court. That’s bad, because no woman should have to stay with a man who beats her up, physically, mentally, or emotionally.

Becca – Beautiful flower … is it a ‘bleeding heard’? Or fuschia?

Felicia and others – and then there are blended families and sometimes when you have to be with ‘ex’s’ and ‘their new spouses’ for ‘dance recitals’, ‘graduations, ‘weddings’ and even a few ‘funerals’ … it can still bring up mixed feelings. But, now that step-daughter has turned her back on her Dad (after she took all his and his brother’s inheritance); we don’t even consider her to be ‘alive’. Ten years with no birthday card, Father’s Day card, or Christmas card, no calls, no invitations, (but that also is on our side as well). She won’t even be notified if something happens to him before me. That might be ugly; but, she is the one who turned her back, not him.

Garnetann2014 – Thanks for the recipe for a de-skunking; while we’ve been very lucky out her in the country, Cracker has not run up on one.

Mia – I had some surgery years ago that meant I had to be bound up; and, when they finally took it off 4 days later I had the worst blood blisters; painful – couldn’t raise my arms above my elbow; every move rubbed them and they’d rub and split open. Had to wear one of Louis’ T-shirts for the next week and not go out. I’m surprised they did not cause more problems; but, never cut open.

Janetr ok – Mia is going blond. Wasn’t her hair first a bit darker?

OK, I am going to ‘try’ to post a couple of pictures … maybe they’ll work.
    Never mind, I can't even 'find' them. GGGRRRRrrrrrrr!!!! Guess maybe when I have my technician online he will 'maybe' show me or write the directions down on 'how to do it'. This happens all the time. It's gotten old.

Lenora
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Welcome Liz-Anna. I'm from Thompson in northern Manitoba, originally from Regina, Saskatchewan. I have 2 children, 1 step-daughter, 6 grandchildren plus 1 adopted grandson, a husband and a dog.

Allie - stay strong dear.

Janet okc - Mia is a little doll. Thanks for posting the pic.

Garnetann - thanks for the recipe to remove the skunk smell. My daughter and her fiancé just bought a farm and will probably need this information soon - 2 big dogs and 3 city raised kids - one of them is bound to have a run in with a skunk.

Lanette - post pictures of your "just looking" mini Schnauzer puppy if you decide to get it.

Very quiet evening in my house. DH had tooth extracted today. They gave him diazapan to help him relax in the chair, so he is now sleeping soundly on the couch.

Hugs everyone. Take care of yourselves.

Paula Y.
  • coastalgosgal
    Lenora. The title on it was a pink fuchsia. It's gorgeous isn't it!?
    Becca

lcx7o4h02pv7.jpg
    7qstb0ukya7n.jpg
    94ac8uiggu76.jpg
    The last pic is some sort of tube trumpet flower

Becca