7. June 7 - 253.8
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: -0.8
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -8.8
    Weight -/+ overall total: -32.0

:| This is me trying to be happy that I lost 0.8 pounds this past week and didn't gain. I have no one to blame but myself for what I am doing (or not doing). The disappointment isn't that I lost a small amount, but the bad decisions I consciously made that prevented me from losing more. How much COULD I have lost??

I tend to throw everything out the window on the weekends. This past weekend I succumbed to an invite to Golden Corral, coincidently after watching TV ads all morning for their "brunch" menu. Yeah, they got me! Their ad campaign was successful. Although I thought I was making good choices based on the caloric postings they now display for each item; once I started logging, calories were adding up fast! A pound of feathers is still a pound! A tally of 1200 calories is still 1200 calories - regardless of the choices! Let's say 1200+ calories because I am not sure I captured everything I ate.

I probably would have been fine if I stopped there, but nooo. Then there were the fries at a fast food drive-thru on my way home from the nail salon before we went to movies Saturday night. At the movies... FIVE snack size $100 Grand candy bars and a Coke!

When all was said and done... a 2400+ calorie day! And did I mention that the food for brunch wasn't that good? So DISAPPOINTING!!! I wasted calories on mediocre food at best!! I mean, if you're going to "spend" 1200+ calories on ONE MEAL - shouldn't it at least be something that is so good that you savor every bit? Something that is simply ORAL-gasmic?? Meh, it wasn't worth it!

I struggle on the weekends, period.

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Start of Challenge Weight: 238.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 228.4
    Lbs to Lose for this Challenge: 10

04/10: 238.4
    04/17: 241.2
    04/24: 240.9
    05/01: 239.8
    05/08: 237.8 <<<mini goal weight: 235.2>>>
    05/15: 240.6
    05/22: 241.9
    05/29: 240.2
    06/05: 240.9 <<<mini goal weight: 231.8 >>>
    06/12: 244.8
    06/19:
    06/26:
    07/03: <<<challenge goal weight: 228.4>>>

I could offer up a lot of reasons why I had such a large weight gain this past week ... over 4 pounds, because I certainly did not eat enough calories to support such a large increase in weight. However, I know I did not do anything towards effective weight loss with the food choices I made this past week which included: 1 pound of whole wheat bread, 1 pound of ground beef, 3 Hershey Chocolate bars, 2 packages of Vortman wafer cookies, plus a McDonalds sandwich and fries for lunch one day, and a Wendy's chili for lunch on another day ... however, I did do good also, like getting lots of exercise and eating less fruit but more fresh vegetables and salads. It really depresses me to see that I have increased my weight to just so close to my starting weight for this year. Makes me want to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head ... but I won't. I'll just keep plugging away at it until I get it right!

• Nikion901
    Options
    OOPS - posted the wrong challenge ... this one is not due until Monday! Here is our challenge for me this week.
    Ready For Summer 10 week Challenge

Name: Niki
    Height: 5’3”

Start Weight (week of April 19) 241.2
    Goal Weight (week of June 28) 228.4

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 241.6
    2. May 3 239.0
    3. May 10 238.4
    4. May 17 241.0
    5. May 24 244.6
    6. May 31 241.0
    7. June 7 244.8
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week: +3.8
    Weight -/+ total: +3.6
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Name: cellosmiles
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (Apr27): 248
    Goal Weight (July 1): 228 - see my husband again

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 248
    2. May 3 - 243
    3. May 10 - 240 B)
    4. May 17 - 239.5 :D
    5. May 24 - 239
    6. May 31 - 236.5 :o
    7. June 7 - 235 :)
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1.5
    Weight -/+ total -13

I am coming along. But sabotaged myself a lot this week. I have 7 pounds to go for my goal and i might not make it with my sabotages :/

But i will pull myself together and get some meals prepped!
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 199.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 185 lbs (aka out of obesity)

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 197.4 lbs
    2. May 3 - 200.2 lbs
    3. May 10 - 199.6 lbs
    4. May 17 -194.2 lbs
    5. May 24 - 192.4 lbs
    6. May 31 - MIA
    7. June 7 - 194.4 lbs
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week:+2.0 lbs
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -5.0 lbs
    Weight -/+ overall total: -27.2 lbs

So I went MIA again ... Seems to be a start in the wrong direction. Missed last week's weigh in and now am up a little bit over two weeks ago (although that weigh in was a fluke and was probably more accurately 194-195).

But this past week there have been some big changes as far as my exercise routine is concerned. Let me put out a disclaimer here before I go any further -- I may be a crazy person!

So, instead of weighing in last week, I signed up to run a half marathon (13.1 miles, 21.1 km) on September 17th and I figured I'd want a training race sooooo I signed up to run a 10K on July 1st while I was at it!

So needless to say, my exercise routine has switched from being more weight training based to now being heavily running based. I've got a 16 week training program that I'm following to get me to the half marathon distance by September which has me currently running 5 times a week with a total weekly distance of ~20K and will slowly build up to running >40K a week about 3 weeks before race day.

I'm not worried about running the 10K, currently I can get through 9K of straight running and still have a few weeks to train. But, the thought of a half marathon in 3 months certainly seems more daunting.

As far as weight loss goes, it hasn't been very good for the last few months. Based on what I've read, that isn't necessary going to change a lot over the course of my training as weight loss typically slows when you're putting your body through the intensity of training for a longer race. Plus more workouts also calls for more food (fuel) to help with recovery and muscle development. I've accepted that I'm not likely going to see a rapid weight loss transformation happen over the summer and I'm okay with that. I'm excited to try some different goals and see how far I can push myself. Plus who knows, a few years ago when I trained from <1K of running to 10K I ended up dropping around 25 lbs over 4 months so I may still see some great weight loss during training too.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19 or 26): 195
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 180
    I will weigh on Fridays:

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 192.2
    2. May 3 - 192.4
    3. May 12 - 192.6
    4. May 19 - 193.3
    5. May 24 - missed
    6. June 1 - 193.1
    7. June 7 - 190.2
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28

Weight -/+ this week: -2.9
    Weight -/+ total: -2.0

Consistency and vigilance are the words for this challenge for me, along with "KEEP THAT BODY MOVING"!
    Well this was a good week! Finally! Good news :)

Tracy
    TX

• jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Jennie
    Height: 5' 3

Start Weight (week of April 19): 224
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 214

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 223.2
    2. May 3 - 219.2
    3. May 10 - 219.2
    4. May 17 - 218.4
    5. May 24 -219.4
    6. May 31 - 217.4
    7. June 7 - 216.4
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1
    Weight -/+ total: -7.6
    Total weight loss: 38.6

Totally forgot to weigh in yesterday, I rolled out of bed and hit the ground running and before I remembered to step on the scale I had eaten breakfast and had 2 big glasses of water so I was already up like 3 lb and wasn't gonna do it. So there you go.
    Late Wish Wednesday: that TOM had waited a few days so I could have put my lowest of 215.6 on here before it wrecked havac, but maybe next week.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday: helping and going through therapy with my nephew has brought a lot of stuff to the for front of my mind, the big one being anxiety and how it affects life. Looking back over my life I see and remember some things that stand out making me think I am a natural anxious person because I don't have any trama or big life changes that would have created that in me. It's just small things like at 5 I use to lay awake at night and worry that if there was a fire I couldnt excape my 3rd floor bedroom, heights were/are a problem. At 7 I remember being told we were going to the beach so I ran to my room, put on my bathing suit and started doing pushups so I would look good(and I was willowy at that point) then put deodorant all over myself because I didn't want to sweat. Where I would get such thoughts at 7 I have no idea!! But the anxiety + weight issues really stick out now. The anxiety that taints just about everything in my life because I'm obese is staggering. "Don't sit in that chair, don't wear that, they arent going to like you, you can't do that, you won't fit, you would look ridiculous," and on and on and on. I am very blessed that this anxiety isn't crippling or anything, its just how it makes me think and view the world and limit myself.....as if being obese isn't limiting enough!!! So even while I try to reach my goal I am working on exposing the lies my anxiety tells me and embrace the truth. Starting with I am worth it, I can do this!!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,865 Member
    Options
    I think I am headed for disaster tonight. DH is off today so that right there says my guard will be down. But also I have been too "good" today and not eating enough.

-1lb/wk = 2050cal\day

Breakfast: 300 of 400
    Morning Snack: 50 of 200
    Lunch: 236 of 500
    Afternoon Snack: 80 of 200
    Before Dinner Snack: 70 of 100
    Dinner: ? of 650 (Actually have 1314 left over for dinner)

It's not too late. Maybe I can pretrack something and stick to it. It's worth it. I am worth it.

Rach, m.p.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think I am headed for disaster tonight. DH is off today so that right there says my guard will be down. But also I have been too "good" today and not eating enough.

-1lb/wk = 2050cal\day

Breakfast: 300 of 400
    Morning Snack: 50 of 200
    Lunch: 236 of 500
    Afternoon Snack: 80 of 200
    Before Dinner Snack: 70 of 100
    Dinner: ? of 650 (Actually have 1314 left over for dinner)

It's not too late. Maybe I can pretrack something and stick to it. It's worth it. I am worth it.

Rach, m.p.

Absolutely true. And, there's nothing "good" about not eating enough. Been there, done that. For me, losing this much weight requires that I do sustainable things that I can keep up with...for forever. I go out to eat and don't withhold food from myself if it's a special occasion. And let's face it, going to a restaurant with one's husband is a special occasion, right? (At this point in my life, anytime I can get someone else to cook for me is a special event. I live it up). Just eat within your calorie budget the rest of the week; you'll be fine. :smile:

I am fighting off a virus this week. June colds/sinus infections suck!!! So that's my Thursday truth! I'm going to just consider this a "bye" week (sports term, I think? Not sure if that's right) and try to hang in there until next weigh-in.

• teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Name: Teresa
    Height: 5' 8"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 298.5
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 275

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26- 296
    2. May 3- 293.6
    3. May 10 -291.9
    4. May 17 - 291.6
    5. May 24 - 288.4
    6. May 31 - 286.2
    7. June 7 - 285.2
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 1
    Weight -/+ total: -13.1

Still losing but a little slower. I think i will go back to try and lose 2 pounds weekly again. Its been cold this week so no swimming and the change in calorie intake did slow me down a little. hoping for a better week :)
  • Nikion901
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... Anyone ever watch the Dr Oz television show? Anyone catch it today? I did, at least a part of it.
    He had Chris Powell on, who has a new book out ... you might recall Chris Powell as being the trainer who was on the reality show "Extreme Weight Loss".

The topic today was "How many calories should I eat in a day to lose weight" and they discussed finding your 'calorie type' ... taking into account 'calories in; calories out' and somehow taking into account metabolism. Truthfully, I didn't get that part but was interested when they discussed the kind of food to eat based on the sample days menu shown for each 'type' ....

Still ... the information provided is realistic. You start with your current weight ... multiply it by 8 and then add 200 calories ... this gives you a safe approximation for you 'calorie type' ... and if you wanted to add calories for cardio exercise it is 100 calories for 30 minutes walking. .... The end result will put you into a weight loss phase ... where you know that if you are eating that amount of calories you will lose weight.

The 'type' was broken down further into 3 categories "low", "middle" "high" ...
    low = under 1500 calories
    middle = between 1500 and 1800 calories
    high = 1800 calories and above

One tip they talked about was consuming a little bit of dietary fat 20 minutes before going to have dinner ... a diet root beer with a tablespoon of heavy cream to make a 'root beer float' ... it's tasty and the dietary fats 20-30 minutes before dinner help you to not overeat at dinner. Dr Oz wanted something 'healthier' so he tried a teaspoon of coconut oil in hot water ... which tasted pretty awful.

If you want to hear more about it ... check out the Dr Oz website.

PS ... I did the calc for myself and noticed that, for me, the calorie calculation ended up with what is actually maintenance calories instead of weight loss calories because I am extremely inactive. I actually find this to be true for me no matter which calorie calculator formula I use. And, it fits in to the range of calories my doctor advised me to follow.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Name:karen
    Height: 5'11

Start Weight 329.8

Goal Weight (week of June 28) 310

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 327.4
    2. May 3 326.4
    3. May 10 330
    4. May 17 327.4
    5. May 24 away
    6. May 31 326
    7. June 9 326
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ total: -3.8

Struggling... seems that i need to be more accountable to someone on a DAILY basis. I find that i very loosely follow a meal plan for 4 days then struggle to stay on track for the next 3 days. This obviously only keep me from gaining but does not help me to lose properly and i do a lot of see-sawing.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @karenleona - are you tracking your food on a daily basis? If you aren't you are sabotaging your best chance to get on top of your meal planning and snacking. If you are, WHEN are you tracking? If you wait until the end of the night to track what you ate, it's too late to adjust what you're doing to stay within your target zone for the day.
    Are you exercising? Even 15 minutes a day to start with can make a significant difference in how you look and feel about yourself, which can translate into greater confidence in what you can accomplish.
    Try tracking your food as you eat it, or even before. I usually try to get my tracking in at least by lunch, so I know where I'm heading for the day. If you do that then you can adjust your food choices later in the day and end up far better, than if you eat whatever all day long and then have to look at the result at the end of the day and say "OMG what did I do?".
    I must have been really hungry for protein today because I ended up eating 3 fried egg and cheese sandwiches! 2 for very very early breakfast (around 4 am) and one for lunch (around 4 pm). But I used just a tiny amount of shredded cheddar on each sandwich and 40 cal/slice whole wheat bread, so it came out ok (over on fat tho). All in all, pretty happy about my food for the day.
    We lazed in bed until too close to my "exit to work" time, so I didn't get any exercise in, except for some lifting getting boxes out of my trunk. Still having issues with breathing when I exert myself, but no swelling or water retention/weight gain, so I'm not going to worry about my heart right now. I did get a decent amount of sleep last night, but I'm going to have to turn off my phone in order to get uninterrupted sleep. Other people do NOT understand what they do to us night shift people when they call in the middle of our sleep cycle!
    Well, have a great weekend all. @Nikion901 thanks for the info on Dr. Oz, I'll check that out. I came up with 1720 calories per that formula, and that is far to high for me to lose weight on.
    Tracy
    TX
  • Nikion901
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 ... yeah, I got that out of the formula also ... but I didn't get the idea they were proponents of fast weight loss. It was more geared to how much you could eat and still lose weight ... slowly. Like I mentioned, the way the calculation worked out for me is that result is not weight loss calories for me, it's actually slightly above maintenance. ... ha-ha-ha .... by my recent weigh-in's on our Wendesday weight reporting challenge you can plainly see that I have been eating much more than I need to keep at to really lose weight.

There was another segment that I saw on the website by Chris Powell that was very good ... it was about out self talk and about how we tend to focus on all the multple way's we did 'bad' instead of on the things we did right. That negative self-talk, according to Chris, is one big reason we have a hard time getting the results we seek.