Over 200 Club

Options

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    I agree, it's hard to take in all of the water we need, but boy, does it help with getting rid of the excess water weight! The other day, I got on the scale and had gained 1.5 lbs in one day. How did that happen!! I looked at my food diary and realized that I had been eating salty foods and not drinking enough water. I drank my 64oz of water, made numerous trips to you know where and by the next day, I had lost that 1.5 lbs. of water weight. Crazy, but cool!

I try to keep a 32oz refillable bottle of water with me all throughout the day. Two of those per day and I'm set. It might just be me and it may sound crazy, but I find that drinking the water through a pop-up style water bottle makes it easier to get down than drinking it from a glass. Crazy -- I know, but it works for me. It also helps to keep your bottle of water handy and take sips often all throughout the day and in between bites at meals and snack times. Another trick is to add some lemon juice if you like a little flavor.

It's still a struggle for me to stick to 64 oz. a day, but we're all in this together and I have every confidence that WE CAN DO IT!!!:happy:

OMG I do exactly the same thing!! That is so funny... I cannot drink water in a glass unless I am at a restaurant or something... It makes it so much easier to drink from a water bottle! Today I am going to get an alhambra jug that is 64 fl oz exactly so I know just how far I have gone and how much more I need to drink... Good Idea about the lemon for flavor... On a really hot day, that is what I do... make a jug of water, put lemon slices in it and let it sit... I nearly make lemonade without all the sugar!
  • abagwill
    Options
    I would like to join in also!! I just started on MFP today and I have lots to get off! But baby steps will get me there!

My starting weight is: 209.2
    Goal weight is: 140
    First goal is: 199 by March 8th (my birthday)
    2nd goal is: 189 by April 11th (daughters wedding!)

And please call me Christa! :drinker:
    142645.png[/url]

Welcome Christa and all of our new members! It makes me so excited to know that there are so many of us out there that need help and motivation! Good Luck you all!!!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Oh, good! So I guess I'm not crazy after all, regarding the pop-top water bottle.

Have a super day!
  • rosered51
    Options
    LOL I am the exact same way about the pop top bottle thingy! I had the hardest time reaching my goal every day until I found these Zephyrhills 24 oz bottles with the flip tops. I keep 2 at work and 2 at home and alternate between them and keep the spare in the fridge so my water is always super cold. I find that having it cold makes it much easier to drink.

I am also using the Crystal Light On the Go packs...I don't know if this is the right way to consume water, but so far it is really working for me...I am down to 1 (maybe 2) diet sodas a day!!! That is a HUGE thing for me.

Yesterday I walked for 1 hour and consumed 96 oz water!

So far today I am at 72 oz!

I am SUPER EXCITED that there are soooooo many people joining up! Thanks so much for starting this feed! I can't wait to see where we all are in 4 weeks. I keep clicking on that button that if every day were like today in 5 weeks you would weigh....well yesterday it was 214!!! WOW I am sooooo ON the wagon this time. That feature really helps keep me motivated. Hope you are all doing well also!

Gooooo 200's right in to the 100's LOLOLOL!!!!
  • angelina_boo
    Options
    hi! just reporting in my water intake.. So far so good.. i drink almost 5 500 ml of water a day... its not really easy but i find if i drink nothing else I am able to get in all the water I need.. Morning is the worse.. just tastes soooo plain:frown: But i do it anyway and i am able to get it in...

How is everybody else doing??

Angelina
  • kammiller
    Options
    I cannot drink plain water either it makes me gag so I use the crystal light and it makes it taste like koolaid.
  • abagwill
    Options
    Definately by using flavor enhancers it is easier to get down some water... keep up the good work... so where is everyone from? I am from California, born and raised and man the weather is nice here!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I want to join :wink:
    Current: 263
    GW in 4 weeks:253
    Glad you started this!!! Super excited!
  • Sonyalew
    Sonyalew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Alright!! Let's do this!

Current - 216
    4 wk goal - 211

97630.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • whynotme
    Options
    My friend rosered51 has talked me into this challenge. I drank over the 64 ozs yesterday and it wasn't as hard as I thought. Didn't want to be up and going to bathroom too often, especially at the first of the month with my work responsibilities. :smooched:

So, I have joined - starting yesterday - even if I didn't realize it at the time. :flowerforyou:
  • whynotme
    Options
    rosered51 and I are from sunny Florida but in the panhandle :happy: where it is cold right now...I feel like I am up north but with no snow! I do like the snow now and again.
  • MissLissa
    Options
    Cool! I'd like to join!

Current: 258
    4 week goal: Anything!! Really, if I set a number, and don't reach it, I'll get very discouraged.
    Ultimate goal: 155 (Before my 3 kids :laugh: )

Is the water challenge still going?
    I'm so bad with water. If there is soda in the house, that's what I drink. But I do have a sports bottle that is 20 oz. If I keep that full, then I tend to drink more water. The problem is keeping it filled with water laughing-1.gif
  • whynotme
    Options
    I have different goals...something realistic is what I am shooting for and once there I will re-assess to another goal weight until I get down to what I really want to be. It may be a different weight than what I have ever weighed...just to a point that I will be happy with the way I look and especially important is how I feel about me there. :wink: Just don't get suckered into what others are trying for, it is all about you on this one! And it is okay to be "about you" for this one!! :smile:
  • angelina_boo
    Options
    I am from Northern Ontario Canada... Its frezzing here.. and we have way more snow then what we know what to do with.. Cant wait for summer to get out swimming:love:
  • rosered51
    Options
    OMG, today I did 144 oz of water!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!

BUT...I totally blew my sodium out of the water :noway: :grumble: ! I stayed under the calories though...ah well tomorrow is another day...

I'll do better then!:laugh:

Tomorrow is supposed to be below freezing here! BRRRRRR:sad:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am way over on my water today.....but that is normal for me, I never have an issue getting my water in as there are 2 things only in my house to drink, water and milk......big water baby............

When are we weighing in again??????????????????????
  • rosered51
    Options
    Weigh in is Friday.:flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Weigh in is Friday.:flowerforyou:

Thank you :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I sucked down 124 oz of H2O today, man I'll have to get up like 10 times tonight :laugh: Have a great night people!!!
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Count me in!

My Starting Weight for MFP is 225
    My Current Weight is 219
    My ultimate goal is 190...preferably less :laugh: