Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,870 Member
    Options
    So many of you are totally killing this summer challenge! I am really impressed and a little envious! Keep on chugging along friends!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 281
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 265

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 281
    2. May 3 - 280
    3. May 10 - 280
    4. May 17 - 277
    5. May 24 - 274
    6. May 31 - 276
    7. June 7 - 274
    8. June 14 - 270
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: -4
    Weight -/+ total: -11
  • babscan73
    babscan73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My friend started up a FB page for others that are curvy and need support - feel free to follow her page: https://www.facebook.com/TheCurvyCanuck
  • 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had a lot of posts to catch up on. I haven't been logging, had two out of town business trips and an emergency trip to Florida to deal with some medical issues related to my mother (and am headed back there tomorrow), but I guess I'm getting the hang of what (and more importantly, how much) to eat, because I am losing weight. It's funny, though, because when I don't log I somehow feel out of control. I'm hoping to get back to it when I return from this next jaunt to Florida. I just don't know how to log things that I'm not preparing.

Anyway, here are my stats for this week and the two weeks prior:

Name: Kathleen
    Height: 5' 9"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 256.2 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 241.2 lbs (15 lbs)

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 255.2
    2. May 3 - 253.2
    3. May 10 - 251.8
    4. May 17 - 253.6
    5. May 24 - 248.2
    6. May 31 - 246.7
    7. June 7 - 244.7
    8. June 14 - 242.6
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -2.1
    Weight -/+ total: -13.6
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Name: cellosmiles
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (Apr27): 248
    Goal Weight (July 1): 228 - see my husband again

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 248
    2. May 3 - 243
    3. May 10 - 240
    4. May 17 - 239.5
    5. May 24 - 239
    6. May 31 - 236.5
    7. June 7 - 235 :smiley:
    8. June 14 - 234
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1
    Weight -/+ total -14
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kathleen-- that's great that you are still losing weight despite not logging. I know what you mean about trying to log stuff you haven't prepared. I used to search the database for a similar food, or I would try to log individual ingredients that I knew were in the meal. However, what I've found is that it's too time-consuming for what is, essentially, just a guess. Now, I just log whatever dish looks close and move on.

@robin-- I'm also at a point where I need to make a serious change to my food choices. I also tend to stay at or under my calorie goal, but haven't been losing at all. I think I'm going to reduce my calorie intake now that I'm off of work and have the time to work out more and prepare healthier meals. I currently have my goal set at 1573 (my BMR), but with zero progress it's time to make a change.

@tabletop_joe --wow, you are only 6 lbs away from your goal! Go you!!

@birgit & desi-- You guys are also almost to your goals for the challenge!! Congrats!

@RunningOnWontons --You and I are scale twins. I also weighed in at 200.2 this morning. Let's make a pact to meet in Onederland next week. :)

@jo-- your post to @helene about the kitten poster made me LOL and I just had to find a pic. I hope this works:mc4xlh7j52vb.jpg

Thursday Truth:
    I have been pretty good with food all week, but today--not so much. I spent the morning moving the old bed out of our room, then cleaning the area rug, and cleaning and polishing the hardwood floor. It looks great (other than the walls that need to be painted), but I worked up quite an appetite so I had a decadently delicious pb&j for lunch. Way more calories than I normally spend on lunch in the summer. I then caved in to deep dish pizza for dinner b/c we had planned to grill steaks, but the weather decided that wasn't going to happen. In the end, I'm only slightly over my goal for the day, but it's still a disappointment.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 - 202.5
    7. June 7 - 201.6
    8. June 14 - 200.2
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Weight -/+ total: +.4
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @newjax2017 in my case you suffer a little. Numb toes, pain down the outside of my leg and calf. Then you worry. 3 back surgeries is about 4 too many
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow how time flies. I've been trying to be good the last couple weeks while trying to change jobs. Very stressful for a stress eater. I thought I'd pop back in. I love reading everyone's shared comments and thoughts. I just didn't realize how long is been away.

Start weight (week of April 19) 211.7 lbs
    Goal weight (Saturday July 1) 199.9 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    April 26 209 lbs
    May 3 208.3
    May 10 207.1
    May 17 204.9
    May 24 205.1
    May 31. 204
    June 7. 206.3
    June 14. 202.5
    June 21
    June 28
    July 1

Weight +/- this week -3.8
    Weight +/- total -9.2 lbs

• RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options

@RunningOnWontons --You and I are scale twins. I also weighed in at 200.2 this morning. Let's make a pact to meet in Onederland next week. :)

You bet! See you there! (I hear it's a nice place to hang out). :smiley:

• sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound I love the picture. It made my day. I love cats!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @Karen that's great, you made my morning :)
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Name: Teresa
    Height: 5' 8"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 298.5
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 275

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26- 296
    2. May 3- 293.6
    3. May 10 -291.9
    4. May 17 - 291.6
    5. May 24 - 288.4
    6. May 31 - 286.2
    7. June 7 - 285.2
    8. June 14 - 283.6
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.6
    Weight -/+ total: -14.9
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 199.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 185 lbs (aka out of obesity)

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 197.4 lbs
    2. May 3 - 200.2 lbs
    3. May 10 - 199.6 lbs
    4. May 17 -194.2 lbs
    5. May 24 - 192.4 lbs
    6. May 31 - MIA
    7. June 7 - 194.4 lbs
    8. June 14 - 194.6 lbs
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week:+0.2 lbs
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -4.8 lbs
    Weight -/+ overall total: -27.0 lbs

So "maintaining" again this week weight wise. But half marathon training has been going well - 4 to 5 days of running a week for the last couple of weeks plus I've been trying to keep with some stability weight training to supplement that. My running watch has a "Running Index" metric which indicates the efficiency of your running based on heart rate and speed. Was quite surprised that this morning's run had me on the verge of the "Very Good" category as I don't see myself as a very good runner nor did I really feel like it was a very good run this morning :p I'm feeling pretty confident for the 10K coming up in a couple of weeks but need to make sure that I am staying 100% committed to my goals as I don't think I can afford to slack off.
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday.

It's been so long since I've been a good weight I"m worried about what that will be like and extra skin. I've been avoiding statins and this weight loss doesn't seem to be helping my cholesterol. I have to face I'm getting older and getting to a healthy weight is more essential now than ever.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Having a rough day here. Just devoured a pot of leftover pasta, for no reason other than that I'm super stressed out! I hope that when my husband gets home I can take an hour for myself to go for a walk, or to the gym, or something, because being well over my calorie goal at 1:30 in the afternoon is NO BUENO. :grimace:

How's everyone else's day going? @gullagr , I just want to say you inspire me! I have my sights set on a 5K this fall, and my ambitious goal is a half marathon the following spring. I am so excited for you, and hope to follow your progress as you train for this! :smiley:
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    @RunningOnWontons

I hear you. Yesterday i was all good on my calories and feeling swell until i took the dogs out for a drive to go for a walk in the evening and stopped at mcds for a mcflurry...and ate 2 because they were BOGO :s

sigh...somedays the impulse eats are really hard to control. I do it when i am super stressed too. :/

The good thing is...we are slowly making our way to our goals :p

Enjoy your afternoon and i hope you get that walk or exercise in! While waiting for your hubby to get home...try some of those challenges you guys have listed in your fat2fit group ;) jumping jacks. Wall sits. Planks. Etc. You can always do a lil fitness at home :)
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Name: Sue
    Height: 5'6"
    SW 280
    GW 150

so I started this journey at the beginning of the year on my own. I Lost 13 pounds the first month :) and nothing in February :( . Made a call to a local weight loss center. I had an informational appointment at the center in March. I weighed in at 266. Started tracking my food trying to stay around 1200 calories. In April I had an appointment with the bariatric doctor and weighed 256. A month later, in May when I had my appointment with the dietitian I weighed 250. She said I should eat 1400 calories and I freaked out! So we settled on 1300! Sometimes I am below that and sometime, over! But I have noticed my weight loss has slowed down a bit. I weigh myself only once a week now, usually on Fridays. Hopefully tomorrow's weight will show a loss! Last weeks weight was 243.8. Its so HARD! :/ Inching my way to the first 50 pound goal, but feel like I should have made that already. However all I know is that it's now or never. Trying hard to change my eating habits/lifestyle. Soon I have to get back into the walking and exercise groove. I so mind the heat and humidity though, so we will see how that goes.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Will post on friday
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @sue- welcome! Yes, losing the weight takes time. I started out at 247 and it took about 9 months for me to get under 200, and then another year to get to my low of185. I maintained that for 2 years before gaining back about 15 lbs. I've been hovering in the high 190s for about a year now, and I'm determined to get back to making the scale go down. But you're right--it's hard. The support of the people on this thread have helped keep me motivated even through the rough patches, so come back often to share your successes and struggles.

@RunningOnWontons --Maybe your body was craving carbs b/c of all the running you've been doing? I hope you got to go to the gym or for your walk. :)

@kizanne1 -- I have hereditary high cholesterol and took statins for about 2 years. They brought my levels down slightly, but I gained a lot of weight in my abdomen while on them. As I worked to lose the weight, I found that what really affects my numbers is the amount of carbs I eat. I give blood about every 8 weeks and they always check my cholesterol. If I've been eating more carbs prior to the visit, my cholesterol is higher; if I've been eating lower carbs, my cholesterol is lower. This is regardless of the number on my scale. I know everyone is different, but it might be worth a try to reduce your carbs for a week or so prior to your next cholesterol test, to see if it affects your numbers.

@rachel-- great job with the training! I need to get back to running more than a couple of days/week now that my knee and ankle have healed and I'm out of school for the summer. I really have no excuse not to... :/

@pneschich --my sympathies for your sciatica pain. I used to suffer from it when I was in my 20s; then I discovered that good shoes were my remedy. However, if you've had 3 back surgeries, I'm sure your solution isn't so simple. :(

Wednesday Wish:
    I posted my Thursday Truth a day early--I completely lose track of what day it is during the summer--so I'll do my wish tonight. I was back to 199.8 on the scale this morning, so my wish is that I can make that go down a bit by the time we weigh-in next Wednesday.

My furniture arrived today, and I absolutely love it! I wish I were done with the room, but I still have to paint, so tomorrow I will be patching and sanding nail holes. Then it's off to Home Depot to get my paint and any other supplies I might need. I'm hoping to get it all done over the weekend. :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 - 202.5
    7. June 7 - 201.6
    8. June 14 - 200.2
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Weight -/+ total: +.4
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19 or 26): 195
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 180
    I will weigh on Thursdays:

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 192.2
    2. May 3 - 192.4
    3. May 12 - 192.6
    4. May 19 - 193.3
    5. May 24 - missed
    6. June 1 - 193.1
    7. June 7 - 190.2
    8. June 15 - 190
    9. June 22
    10. June 29
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week: -.2
    Weight -/+ total: -2.2

Consistency and vigilance are the words for this challenge for me, along with "KEEP THAT BODY MOVING"!

Getting a little nervous for my implant surgery on Thurs next week, I'll be getting rid of my Zoll Defibrillator tho, so I'll be happy about that. Not sure how I feel about having to have a defib. implant for the rest of my life tho.

Tracy
    TX