7. June 7 - 216.4
    8. June 14 - 215.6
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: -.8
    Weight -/+ total: -8.4
    Total weight loss: 39.4

Fitness friday: headed back to the gym today. Being so close to 40 lbs lost and being stuck is getting on my already shot nerves!!!! I'm trying to re find the motivation/focus that I had for the first 80 days of this journey, you know back when I was rocking it!! But between back pain, sick self/kids, endless other places to be and neverending time sensitive things to get done just to live has derailed my focus. It was easy when I was focused, now it's hard. I think this challenge is the only thing keeping me on this very slow downward path, and I am sooo thankful for you all!!
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Linda
    Height: 5 ft 2

Weight on Feb 19th - 322lbs or 23 stone in the language of my people

Start Weight (week of April 19): 303.5lbs
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): 288.5lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26: 303.5lbs
    2. May 3: 304.5lbs
    3. May 10: 301.75 lbs
    4. May 17: 305lbs
    5. May 24: 303lbs
    6. May 31: 301.5lbs
    7. June 7: 300lbs
    8. June 14: 296.5lbs :)
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: -3.5lbs
    Weight -/+ total: -7lbs

Woo Hoo!! Finally into Twonderland (I made that up if it hasn't been used on MFP before) B)B)

The diuretic rather than BP pill seems to be working, my brain fog has largely gone and my swollen throat glands behaving themselves. I am presuming this loss is water weight as I haven't been that good with my eating. A bit more exercise this week, just short walks and gardening, need to improve that and get a grip on my food intake. We have several days of hot weather forecast for most of the UK, so I have to try not to guzzle too many calories in the form of alcoholic drinks (love me a mojito!), sorbets (better than ice cream but still high in sugar) etc with my salad lunches in the garden. I'm vaguely considering the 5:2 diet (I think also called intermittent eating?) for a short while. Low intake 2 days a week, normal eating the other days. Just to give the system a bit of a shakeup, not sure I can do it though.

Good luck to everyone facing life and health challenges, I so admire you still sticking to your weight loss plans, even if they slip a bit sometimes - happens to all of us. Keep your eyes on the prize, folks, whatever else you have to deal with, being healthier in yourself can only help you handle it. <3
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 226.2 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28) 210 lbs
    Weigh in week of:

1. April 26 - 224.6
    2. May 3 - 224.8
    3. May 10 – 220.2
    4. May 17 – 222.0
    5. May 24 – 217.6
    6. May 31 – 217.2
    7. June 7 – 216.0
    8. June 14 – 217.4
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: +1.4
    Weight -/+ total this challenge: -8.8
    Total Weight Lost: 40.6

I'm struggling here, along with company for the past 10 days and eating out at least half that time, I am still depressed at losing my little dog. I have been eating in the evening after I finish logging and going over my calories almost every day. Another problem is our weather, we have been in a drought for several months but thankfully we can't say that any more. We have had heavy rains and thunder showers daily for the last couple of weeks and that has really impacted my bike riding! I'm hoping to get back on tract starting today!!! This thread is about the only thing keeping me going right now... :(
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,868 Member
    Options

Name: Rachael
    Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 292.3
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): <285.0

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 290.8
    2. May 3: 294.8
    3. May 10: 292.8
    4. May 17: 292.8
    5. May 24: 292.8
    6. May 31: 293.2
    7. June 7: 293.4
    8. June 14: 295.4
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: +2
    Weight -/+ total: +3.1 WTF

GOOD LUCK :wink:

I won't be participating in the next challenge (if there is one). It just isnt motivating me right now. Sorry.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Woo Hoo!! Finally into Twonderland (I made that up if it hasn't been used on MFP before) B)B)

So awesome! HOORAY for you! Isn't it just great to see that first number drop down? Just changes one's whole outlook, I think.

I am with you on the mojito thing--as well as other calorie-laden alcoholic beverages. Hard to avoid, when you're enjoying the warm weather, relaxing w/friends, etc. WHY are they so full of calories??? I do like to make my own non-alcoholic mixer sometimes using tonic water (full strength, can't do diet with that) and fresh lime juice. I'm sure other fruit, or mint, would work as well. It has fewer than 100 calories. Looks pretty in a glass, at least.

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 - 182.1
    3. May 10 - 181.0
    4. May 17 (*) - 177.8
    5. May 24 (*) - 176.5
    6. May 31 (*) - 175.1
    7. June 7 (*) - 172.9
    8. June 14 (*) - 172.3
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 0.6
    Weight -/+ total: - 16.0
    Weight loss so far: - 57.3

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato (and as regret to have discovered, amazing bread too!)
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (starting later): 250.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 240 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - out of town; couldn't weigh
    2. May 3 - 250.4 lbs
    3. May 10 - don't remember.. I'm not doing too good this month.
    4. May 17 - 249.8
    5. May 24 - 248.6
    6. May 31 - 253
    7. June 7 - 250
    8. June 14 - 244.5
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @jam5660 - yes, but you are soooo close, only 1.6 lbs to go to meet your June 28/July 1st goal weight! Hang in there, you can do it! And congrats on your gym success! I can't do a regular elliptical yet, still using the reclining one, but you are AWESOME!
    @Birdygirl15 - Woot Woot, congrats on making below the 300 mark! Great job!
    @bapcarrier - having company over is sooo hard, I can imagine how hard it's been sticking to your guns with them there. On top of that losing your sweet-pea has made it harder. We're rooting for you though, I know you can get back on track!
    @MermaidPrincessRach - some things work for some people, some other things work for others. I know you'll find the right motivator for you, just hang in there.
    @happygirlxxx - when do you come back from Italy? You sure did great even with all that temptation - only 2.3 lbs to go to meet your goal weight! I don't know how you did it with all the great food over there!
    @JeanieWww - great loss this week!

Tracy
    TX
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Name:karen
    Height: 5'11

Start Weight 329.8

Goal Weight (week of June 28) 310

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 327.4
    2. May 3 326.4
    3. May 10 330
    4. May 17 327.4
    5. May 24 away
    6. May 31 326
    7. June 9 326
    8. June 14 329.4
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week: +3.4
    Weight -/+ total: -.4

apparently whatever i am doing is not working
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

So awesome! HOORAY for you! Isn't it just great to see that first number drop down? Just changes one's whole outlook, I think.

I am with you on the mojito thing--as well as other calorie-laden alcoholic beverages. Hard to avoid, when you're enjoying the warm weather, relaxing w/friends, etc. WHY are they so full of calories??? I do like to make my own non-alcoholic mixer sometimes using tonic water (full strength, can't do diet with that) and fresh lime juice. I'm sure other fruit, or mint, would work as well. It has fewer than 100 calories. Looks pretty in a glass, at least.

Thank you :) I'm wondering if mojitos made with Stevia or similar would pass muster? I mix with plain soda water (carbonated water - seltzer, is that what you call it over the pond?). That way the only calories are in the alcohol. Otherwise it's back to vodka and diet tonic, though I'd prefer orange juice. Wine spritzer? Terrible way to treat wines, but sometimes their sacrifice helps my hips :D

Thank you too, @GOINSTD12, it is a big milestone, and one I don't want to ever have to meet again.

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Name : Gael
    Hi, just returned from a 26 day holiday.
    My weight pre going away was 78.4kgs (172.8 lbs)
    I had lost 42.6 kgs ( 94 lbs) by mid 2015. Maintained around that figure by 6kgs give or take - lost a few kilos prior to holiday this year (going on a cruise saw it as essential)!
    Want to try and get those last 8kgs off somehow - it's hard work down near goal.
    Will weigh on Monday - I know I've gone up a tiny bit.

Regular exercise is essential to maintaining weight loss!!!!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @gael-- where were you on holiday??

@karen-- yeah, I'm in the same boat right now having gained the first week that I joined; now I'm finally below my starting point, so hoping I've reached a turning point.

@jeannie-- great loss this week!!

@jennie-- that's great about your workout! I've found the same thing with my running. Even when I had to take 10 weeks off with bronchitis, once I started again, I could still run a couple of miles. Like you, I feared I would be back to square one, but not so. :)

@ana-- where in Italy are you visiting? One of my good friends went last year, and she loved it so much, she planned another trip this summer. She's also planning a 50th b-day getaway there in 3 years and I'm invited, so I'm hoping I can join her for that. I've never been.

@rach-- sorry this challenge isn't working for you. We used to switch up the challenges every month, so maybe we can try something new for July.

@barb-- You are doing so great considering the company and the loss of your baby. I don't know that I will be a functional human being when my Gunner goes. I always tell my husband that when it's time, I hope he goes in the summer b/c I can't even imagine trying to go to work right after that loss. I'm so proud of you for sticking with this despite the challenges you're facing. <3

@linda-- Woohoo!! Congratulations on meeting such a momentous milestone!! I've heard Twoderville on MFP, but never Twoderland, so I think you've coined a phrase. We will call you Shakespeare from now on. :wink: Oh, and it's regional regarding soda water vs. seltzer. In Chicago, I can call it either and bartenders know what I mean, but I've traveled places in the south where people looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for soda water.

@linda and @RunningOnWontons --I hear you both about the cocktails. I try to stick with vodka and soda or rum and diet coke (only about 60 calories), but it's hard to resist some of those fruity, higher-calorie concoctions on a hot summer day.

@tracy-- Yes, if we keep plugging along we will reach our goals. Sending good thoughts for your surgery next week. :)

Friday Fitness:
    Well, another day of no actual work out, but between prepping my bedroom to paint, a trip to Home Depot, walking my dog, and doing some yard work, I am at 10,000 steps today. Tomorrow I paint!!

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 - 202.5
    7. June 7 - 201.6
    8. June 14 - 200.2
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Weight -/+ total: +.4
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound – I hope you can go to your friend’s birthday celebration; you are going to have so much fun!! Italy is so beautiful. I spent most of the month in Milan, but there was a long weekend in Florence.

@GOINSTD12 – I just came back a couple days ago and I agree with you, with that wonderful food and wine I don’t know how I managed to lose weight; but my theory is how they cook and the portions … food is quite fresh, not greasy and they eat half of what we would eat here.

Now need to get ready for the move. I really enjoyed Milan and I think we are going to have a great time living there; really looking forward to it!
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Sunday sharing

I am canadian and my husband is american. He is coming up for a vacation together in about 1 1/2 weeks. My parents gave everyone in the family a cruise to alaska. I am so looking forward to seeing him again and having some vacation time.

I normally work 7 days a week from february to october....holidays included. My body is starting to feel real fatigued these days. And i keep telling myself to push on just a little bit more...vacation is almost here.

I finally heard back from the hospital that my MRI is scheduled for October. So an incredibly long wait...just to know if i have MS or not.

I stress eat. And i am very stressed in life these last 2 weeks. But i am trying hard to push through my life challenges.

I would love to surprise my hubby with my weightloss :p

• bad_dog_ny
    bad_dog_ny Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Name: Rich
    Okay, so this is long, but I've hit a frustrating plateu. I've lost a little over 70 lbs and have about 70 to go. This is the first week that I have stalled on my weight loss. I had been averaging three to four pounds per week, which I know is high.

A little background: male; 51 years old; a variety of health problems that come with being obese. I have been keeping track of my calorie intake very strictly. I have also adjusted my calories downward using the profile section of mfp. I lost the first 20 lbs on my own, and then started food journaling again. Initially MFP suggested 1840 calories per day. That was assuming a low activity rate, and I add in "earned" exercise calories. 90% of days I do not eat any exercise calories back. Most other days I eat only a few.

I go to the gym almost every single day. I do strength training every other day, and some cardio everyday. While mfp does not count calories from strength training, my cardio routines are usually between 700 and 900 calories burned. I have also adjusted my base calories down using MFP, and I am now at a base of 1600 calories a day.

So I have a few questions. Am I exercising too much? I very rarely take a day off. However, there are days when I go in and I do NOT do a heavy cardio or strength training. I will get on the treadmill at a moderate speed that does not really pump my heart rate too much and just walk for 45 minutes to burn some calories. For example, yesterday I did my leg routine and shoulders for strength, and I was going to take it easy on cardio but I just felt like doing some HIIT on the treadmill. So I got on the treadmill and once I got up to my walking speed and incline I did intervals of jogging and walking. Legs are a touch sore today, but rather than blow off the gym completely I will go in and just walk on the treadmill at a moderate pace that only gets my heart rate up to about 120. An easy to maintain casual stroll that's still burns about 700 calories. I probably won't eat any of those back, or less than 100 of them just to top off a snack or something.

On my diet I eat almost anything I want, but because I am counting calories I do make better choices. Occasionally though, you just want those potato chips. That's ok as long as they're in my calorie budget and I've eaten enough protein. So I don't really deprive myself of anything, but I still measure and count it all very strictly.

Now, as I have said, I have adjusted my calorie intake down to reflect my lower weight. Despite being very strict on my logging, and rarely eating back any of my exercise calories, my weight loss stalled this week. It could just be a little water retention, or a little muscle growth as I did change up my strength and HIIT routines, or both. Maybe those changes are not a coincidence. Honestly, my legs have been sore a few times over the last week from the new HIIT routines. Not injury sore, just normal DOMS from hard work. That's why today (as I did a couple of other days this past week) I'm only going to walk at a moderate pace mostly for calorie burn not for cardio. I understand that you shouldn't do strength training everyday, but I always thought cardio everyday was considered healthy. I would call my moderate walk light cardio, it gets my heart rate up a little but not really crazy, and it's not at a pace that is it all stressful to maintain. It's just a light moderately fast walk at a moderate incline, what we were designed to do. But it's a moderate level of activity because otherwise my lifestyle is pretty much sedentary.

So, I'm at this plateau. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing or change things up again? I don't think my metabolism would kick down from the number of calories I'm eating. 1600 day should not ever send you into starvation mode even if you are exercising quite a bit. It's a reasonable number of calories. If my base ever drops below 1200, I will start eating back more of my exercise calories. Yesterday I did eat back about 600 of my 800 exercise calories. It almost felt like a party, LOL.

Any suggestions? Maybe just give it another week and see if the Dam breaks? Any suggestions or motivation is welcome. I'm not going to change much right now, except maybe try not to eat as much late at night. I can't help it, I save some calories for a late snack. I have always heard that is bad, should I cut it out? It really seems to help me, I seem to get hungrier later in the day so rather than fight my natural inclinations I just offset time and keep my total per day below the set threshold. It has worked really well so far, and I don't see how this one habit would cause a plateau. Like I said, maybe the stall is just some water retention and some muscle growth from the new exercise routine.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @bad_dog_ny - Rich, nice to meet you and congrats on your weight loss so far. Please don't worry - no weight loss for a week is not a plateau! Disappointing and aggravating, but nothing worse. Weight loss is rarely linear - it is normal for the weight of human bodies to some days be up a little and others down. It's the overall trend that matters, and your trend appears to be going in the right direction. Keep doing what you're doing and don't allow yourself to be discouraged. You're doing great!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sunday share. It's getting harder. 110 pounds gone and it's seemingly easier to justify "cheating ". I still log my intake and I am never over BUT some days the permission I give myself seems excessive or even dangerous. I am crazy worried about failing, I just can't! I still can't eat enough to get in trouble but I find it disturbing. I have had a bad week mentally as well as physically. I either have kidney stones or gall stones. Friday was my dads 92nd bday and I miss him. It was also the 34th anniversary of my mothers passing, a bittersweet day to say the least. Cancer took her far too soon, Dad couldn't live with out her. I hope I love my wife that much. He was a great man. She was my mother so she was perfect. It's Father's Day and my oldest turns 18 in a month. Did I do everything I could to prepare him? Probably not. He has been loved and seen my love for him , his brother and his mother, my wife. He has seen me work and his mother and I sacrifice but is it enough? He is a good and kind young man. I am proud he is mine. As proud as any father can be. Like any father I worry. This life is a gift, love much, laugh as much as possible, cry when necessary.
    Happy Father's Day! Dad I miss you but I am the man I am because of you. I hope you are as proud of me as I am of my boys.